Crime discussion (prompted by news of Enright's Cars Stolen)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, if only. I don't have a porch at home. I guess I could build one some day.

Follow the trend lines, not the headlines.
Partridge sitting on his porch

3239250264_9135bc931f.jpg

Has crime in the Geelong region been on in the increase? I've heard that unemployment is at an all time high, so that surely couldn't be helping.
Don't think so,it's teenagers committing crimes that has got out of hand.They know they'll just get a smack on the wrist,get released and just go back to committing their crimes.

This story in todays Addy just shows you they don't give a s**t if they're caught
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...s/news-story/b2a311ffb2805372dd15a9cc626fe8cf

Speaking of teenagers committing crimes,did anyone see the footage on the news [in Victoria] last night of the teens robbing a servo in Melbourne on sunday or monday night ?
Not the brightest sparks.

They had one kid go to the door to get the attendant to open it so he could enter,so of course his face was so visible to the security camera.Once the door was opened 2 or 3 of his mates,with faces covered,came from the side and ran into the store and robbed it.
I doubt it's going to take the cops long to find out who they were.

Found the story on the Ten website

http://tenplay.com.au/news/melbourne/2015/12/1/bandits-faces-caught-on-camera

Last edited:
Even when you drive down the surf high way and get to Torquay there's a neon type sign saying.
Don't leave your car unlocked etc high crime area something along those lines.
Not a great look at one of the premier coastal towns in Geelong.

I suppose down the coast the problem is a lot of houses are holiday houses.People may not be in the house for weeks or even months,so they're good targets for crims.

Has crime in the Geelong region been on in the increase? I've heard that unemployment is at an all time high, so that surely couldn't be helping.

Agreed it doesn't help but is hardly an excuse. It's not like we live in South Africa or something and people don't have access to unemployment benefits.

Agreed it doesn't help but is hardly an excuse. It's not like we live in South Africa or something and people don't have access to unemployment benefits.
Most certainly no excuse, but lower socio-economic areas the world over attract more crime in general. All I'm suggesting is that Geelong seems to be struggling right now and it's almost inevitable that as a result crime rates will increase. Things will only get worse once Ford shuts shop in a year.

Most certainly no excuse, but lower socio-economic areas the world over attract more crime in general. All I'm suggesting is that Geelong seems to be struggling right now and it's almost inevitable that as a result crime rates will increase. Things will only get worse once Ford shuts shop in a year.
Car theft in general is rampant all over Melbourne. Frankston (surprise! surprise!), Dandenong, Preston, Sunshine, West Meadows and St Albans are leading the way. What's different now though is that the vehicles pinched are more often than not used for ram raids.
Agree with you that the lower socio-economic areas are a common denominator, but ice and similar addictive drugs (regardless of geography) also have a lot to do with it.

No doubt the little pricks will get a slap on the wrist
Hopefully one day when they joyride they'll end up like these dickheads - squished

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...n/news-story/192b0d15ec8f80c85d7b5c9c69d7faa1
Knew these guys personally, a couple of them were quite well known around my area for their shenanigans, nothing too serious though. Disappointing fact, the one who died in the crash also stole my younger step sister's phone; another fact, I was at court watching on when the judge detailed the conditions of his court order around a month ago - that he was to stay away from his cousin (who was also in the crash with him) and he was also supposed to be at a given address at the time of the crash, given it was early morning.

As much as I sympathise with his family, who I hear are lovely people, the consequences were a direct result of his choices - and now his friends AND the truck driver have to live with the trauma for the rest of their lives. In my opinion, it doesn't even come down to parenting. You could have model parents, but if your mind is set on rebellion you're screwed. I can't give mine much credit for their quality of parenting, and yet I can distinguish between right and wrong. There are many cases like this. It comes down to the individual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back