Toast Cripps signs on until 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the interviewer our new media manager, and is it just me, or is she extremely keen on young Patrick?

EDIT: it's Emily Angwin, our on-camera presenter for 2016.
I was thinking the same, then realised, if I were interviewing him, I would have licked his face. So she did well supressing her urges

Last edited:

Had a family lunch organised tomorrow but now we're heading to Princes Park to sneak a glimpse of the great man, plus re-signing myself, partner and kid.

Seriously, what an off season. Bolts signs on, fantastic trade/draft period, * get their well deserved whack and now this. I couldn't be happier with the club right now.

One small step for man, one giant leap for Mankind.

patrick-cripps.jpg
:thumbsu::):thumbsu:

Had a family lunch organised tomorrow but now we're heading to Princes Park to sneak a glimpse of the great man, plus re-signing myself, partner and kid.

Seriously, what an off season. Bolts signs on, fantastic trade/draft period, * get their well deserved whack and now this. I couldn't be happier with the club right now.
The open training has been canned Tommy.

Hope that's not what you where hoping to see him.

Great news. Always felt like we would try to sign him up earlier.

I had a West Coast supporter in the McCarthy thread on the main board telling me that Cripps' Dad said that we pressured Cripps to sign an extension before he had done anything and it was hard for a young player to say no. Well pal, he just signed a second extension with 2 seasons left on his first one ... he's a gun and could easily hold off if he didn't want to be here.

Go find someone else to poach because this gun is ours.

Great work by the club! He would've been signed up for the next 2 years on way unders of what he's worth. The club would've said "we'll bump your pay for this contract if you sign on for longer". If anyone deserves the money it is this guy, has the talent but had some serious question marks about his running capability, has worked his arse off to quash those questions and just seems hell bent on getting the best out of himself, this is just brilliant news! I couldn't think of anything more demoralising for the club than Cripps leaving.

Oh, and insert gif of Pharrell Williams singing "I'm happy".

Great work by the club! He would've been signed up for the next 2 years on way unders of what he's worth. The club would've said "we'll bump your pay for this contract if you sign on for longer". If anyone deserves the money it is this guy, has the talent but had some serious question marks about his running capability, has worked his arse off to quash those questions and just seems hell bent on getting the best out of himself, this is just brilliant news! I couldn't think of anything more demoralising for the club than Cripps leaving.

Oh, and insert gif of Pharrell Williams singing "I'm happy".

5th and 6th year over 500k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember telling my brother in law to watch out for this kid and that he would be an absolute gun. Go have a look at my posting history ... knew this guy would be a gun from the get go.

But seriously this guy is just mana from the gods .... not enough can be said about this kid.

mark my words he will go down as one of CFC's greats and his name will be whispered along he greats like Kernahan, Doul, Williams, Bradley. the Domonator, Silvani etc etc

Seriously he will single handedly drag all his team mates around him to success he is that driven and it is infectious.

Let us also not forget that it was the other great man Judd who took him under his wing.

******* LOVE THIS KID!!!!!!

Baby faced assassin!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember telling my brother in law to watch out for this kid and that he would be an absolute gun. Go have a look at my posting history ... knew this guy would be a gun from the get go.

But seriously this guy is just mana from the gods .... not enough can be said about this kid.

mark my words he will go down as one of CFC's greats and his name will be whispered along he greats like Kernahan, Doul, Williams, Bradley. the Domonator, Silvani, Angwin etc etc

Seriously he will single handedly drag all his team mates around him to success he is that driven and it is infectious.

Let us also not forget that it was the other great man Judd who took him under his wing.

FARKING LOVE THIS KID!!!!!!

Baby faced assassin!!

Listening to McKay, it certainly seems as though we secured Patrick for a good rate.

We don't want to cheat Cripps out of a dollar but we've clearly changed our ways in handing out contracts and over-paying.
And we can re-negotiate in the last couple of years of his contract as well.

Not that we needed reinforcement as to how good his attitude is, but yeah, it does further highlight Patrick's mindset. He really does want to knuckle down, play great footy and help the club get somewhere.

What a nice change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back