Critically acclaimed games that you thought were terrible

Remove this Banner Ad

I only tried Skyrim after it got number 1 in the Good Game top 100. I thought it was terrible. I had never fallen asleep playing a video game until I played Skyrim.

Also, I'm not the biggest Halo fan at all. Mind you, Halo 4 was my introduction to the Halo series. I have my doubts on purchasing Destiny based on this.

Current gen: Watchdogs and FIFA 14

It's as if they spent the entire time making the city, then at the last second realised they need a story. Horrible, such a waste. Fifa 14 was probably one of the worst editions of the Fifa series ever. Buggy and broken.

Old gen: Mass effect and Fallout.

Just found them insanely boring

Couldn't and still can't get into the arkham series of batman games. Not sure why really. Just don't enjoy them

Magicka. The "humour" is just irritating, the interface is clumsy and the gameplay amounts to awkwardly walking around in circles spamming the same keys over and over - only to be one-shot killed by some bloody enemy.

Dear Esther. Cringeworthy narration, pretentious and utterly dull.

DotA 2. Awful community and games get unbalanced quickly, making the crawl to the finish agonising.

Never understood the appreciation for the Halo series, couldn't enjoy it myself. Only FPS series I've truly enjoyed has been Timesplitters.

I hated FFX, i lasted until Blitzball and didn't go past that point.

I purchased FFXIII because it was cheap ($29 shortly after it came out..... K-Mart were having a clear out to end all clear outs haha). It's still in my unopened pile of shame.

You're missing little by not playing FFXIII. It's arguably the worst in the series or at least the worst since the NES games.

Magicka. The "humour" is just irritating, the interface is clumsy and the gameplay amounts to awkwardly walking around in circles spamming the same keys over and over - only to be one-shot killed by some bloody enemy.

I've only ever played this with a friend. Couldn't imagine trying to do it alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only ever played this with a friend. Couldn't imagine trying to do it alone.

That may well be the issue. I'm playing Monaco now and not enjoying it at all; that's another game which is likely far better in co-op. I had the same issue with Left 4 Dead 2.

Ah, the price of being a misanthrope.

Arkham City. Loved the first one, stopped playing this half way through.

Any Halo game, could never get into the series.

Any Final Fantasy, have tried a few but can never play longer than a few hours

Assassins Creed. The games are all the same boring s**t

Final Fantasy series. Tried to play VII when I was young, hated every moment.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back