crow chat for Port Board posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go Hawks, Sydney, Freeo, Port/North/Essendon/Adelaide/Rich/Geelong all around the mark GC will short by potentially in a year or two but we'll like push onwards and upwards also.

As was shown last night, you can have Batman, Darth Vader, Spiderman and Heisenberg for a primary midfield quartet and it can translate to victory about as well as Robin Roenfeldt's ill-fated foray into the UFC.

As was shown last night, you can have Batman, Darth Vader, Spiderman and Heisenberg for a primary midfield quartet and it can translate to victory about as well as Robin Roenfeldt's ill-fated foray into the UFC.

I don't think a 50 year old with lung cancer is the ideal AFL midfielder anyway ;)

Probably don't need another thread comparing us to the Crows.
That's been something I've loved of late is that the club is pushing to be a fully national (even international) team.
Sure we will always have a rivalry with the Crows, but let's drop the constant comparisons with them, because when it comes down to it they are not currently a premiership team so I have no desire to compare Port with them, because they're not a top team. It couldn't hurt to drop the fishbowl/little sibling mentality and compare ourselves with Hawthorn/Fremantle to really gauge where we are at for a premiership rather than the brownie points of who is the best team in a two team state.

LOL. Just saw a car with a pink, sky blue and white "Crows Back to Back Premiers" sticker on the back window. I don't remember them wearing those colours! Cars that old shouldn't be on the road!

I'm not sure why I'm listening to 5aa but unfortunately when living in Victoria it's the only ever thing you hear that mentions Port Adelaide but a popular subject I'm hearing is who's got the better midfield port or crows in terms of the top 4 from each club. One bloke mentioned Dangerfield, Sloan, Crouch and Douglas or Port adelaide Boak, Wingard, Ebert and Hartlett? I'd say we have the more depth after those top 4 anyway.

Wingard isn't a midfielder yet - hardly plays there - so its only 1 all oz v 1 all oz midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the rare occasions I watch a crows game dangerfield only one who stands out. To each there own I suppose

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Probably don't need another thread comparing us to the Crows.
That's been something I've loved of late is that the club is pushing to be a fully national (even international) team.
Sure we will always have a rivalry with the Crows, but let's drop the constant comparisons with them, because when it comes down to it they are not currently a premiership team so I have no desire to compare Port with them, because they're not a top team. It couldn't hurt to drop the fishbowl/little sibling mentality and compare ourselves with Hawthorn/Fremantle to really gauge where we are at for a premiership rather than the brownie points of who is the best team in a two team state.

This hit the nail on the head for me. I'm over the constant comparisons with Adelaide, at this current moment they aren't premiership contenders, so why should I care about them?

However, if we want to draw comparisons here, Adelaide's midfield at its (current) best is better, but there's much less depth to it then ours. If they have any injuries in theirs, they are in a large amount of trouble - while we have players who can easily fill in and still maintain quite a good quality midfield. Ours shows incredible promise in the next 2-5 years and not to say Adelaide's doesn't, but I feel ours shows much more promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.