Crowd of 37,894 against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Our third lowest home crowd against a Victorian team this century at the MCG with the top two being matches that occurred in 2000 so what's going on here?

Are people disillusioned by the club's recent performances? Are they disillusioned by the wider competition and the AFL as a whole? Or is the Saturday afternoon time slot no longer the preferred time slot for most people?

I'm trying to understand why a club that boasts about having 70,000 plus members can only attain a crowd of 37,894 in a time slot that is considered popular by many people if the reaction of people from last year's horrendous fixturing schedule is anything to go by.

If I had to estimate how many people attended today my guess would be about 23-25k were Collingwood supporters and about 12-14k were Melbourne supporters so what on earth is going on here that is resulting in such low numbers.

For some context here are the crowds of the other home games at the MCG this year!

Round 3 2015 - Collingwood v St.Kilda (Friday Night) = 45,197
Round 6 2015 - Collingwood v Geelong (Friday Night) = 52,152
Round 9 2015 - Collingwood v North Melbourne (Sunday Afternoon) = 43,197
Round 11 2015 - Collingwood v GWS (Early Sunday Afternoon) = 43,390
Round 14 2015 - Collingwood v Hawthorn (Friday Night) = 75,880

I reckon be even less next week after how Pathetic we where today.

I was there Today and I felt like there where more Dee fans Then Pies.

I do the Double Header next Saturday

I reckon be even less next week after how Pathetic we where today.

I was there Today and I felt like there where more Dee fans Then Pies.

I do the Double Header next Saturday
I'm doing the doubleheader too. Suspect it won't be a 'huge' crowd considering the recent form of both sides now.

I'm doing the doubleheader too. Suspect it won't be a 'huge' crowd considering the recent form of both sides now.

Yeah. Both Supporters Base are definitely not up and about because of Poor Form by both teams

Why should we reward the club's s**t performances with attendance?

Let them stay at home in droves I say.

Then you can be called a Bandwaggoner. I would not but see the point behind it

I still go when we are playing crap.

Hey I started going to games full time in 2005

I am not a bandwagoner, I've been supporting this club since 96' when my uncles were showering me in collingwood scarves.

I just don't understand why people should spend their hard earned money on a team that isn't exciting to watch and nor is performing.

It's not cheap going to the footy.

I am not a bandwagoner, I've been supporting this club since 96' when my uncles were showering me in collingwood scarves.

I just don't understand why people should spend their hard earned money on a team that isn't exciting to watch and nor is performing.

It's not cheap going to the footy.

People buy Membership that are Expensive and want there money worth.

People believe you going to teams game and Cheer. That would make a Difference

I'm so goddamn sick of seeing the Ponsford empty. Move all those reserved seat members on to the wing in the Olympic stand, and make the whole Ponsford stand open to GA Collingwood members. A full Ponsford would be awesome.

Dave, it's not fair to call someone a bandwagoner when you don't know their personal life situation. I know quite a few people who also donate to the club, but don't go to games for multiple reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dave, it's not fair to call someone a bandwagoner when you don't know their personal life situation. I know quite a few people who also donate to the club, but don't go to games for multiple reasons.

I was not calling Tempest a Bandwaggoner but said some people will say that

We had just under 41K vs Carlton last year on that terrible Sunday night, it was the lowest non finals crowd between the two teams ever at the MCG.

Next week may go lower, seriously, I wouldn't blame anyone for not turning up.

Both clubs are now planning towards next season on and off field, why should fans turn up?

I'll be there, heck I'll be there at 10am to watch the VFL boys, after all they are better to watch then the seniors now, they are still trying to win.

We had just under 41K vs Carlton last year on that terrible Sunday night, it was the lowest non finals crowd between the two teams ever at the MCG.

Next week may go lower, seriously, I wouldn't blame anyone for not turning up.

Both clubs are now planning towards next season on and off field, why should fans turn up?

I'll be there, heck I'll be there at 10am to watch the VFL boys, after all they are better to watch then the seniors now, they are still trying to win.

I be with you mate. The Whole Day.

The VFL Game might be more Entreating then the AFL Game. As how Crap both Teams are Playing at the Moment.

IF it is raining I would not blame people staying home and we be lucky to get 30k next weekend

Went last week and just thought it's way to cold to sit through this s**t and decided against going today

I also didn't like the comments from the AFL during the week and thought you can go and get ****ed

Pathetic crowd.....pathetic game......move on nothing to see here!

I will be there again next week just want Bucks to let me know if he has any interest in
winning it.......Elliot on the bench says Hi.

It's a poor crowd. Very unCollingwood.

I was there today, but I don't feel much of an urge to go for the remainder of the year now that the season's pretty much done and dusted.

Interested to see how the young players develop, but can analyse them from the comfort of the lounge room.

Pathetic crowd.....pathetic game......move on nothing to see here!

I will be there again next week just want Bucks to let me know if he has any interest in
winning it.......Elliot on the bench says Hi.

You will see with the Selections IF we are Serious about Winning or not

Got other things to do. Had to paint the bathroom. Please let the team and Bucks know I'm sorry I couldn't make it. Kisses and hugs.

I went today but I suspect the fans might be smelling a rat with our recent performances. Yes, we lost to three good teams in Hawthorn, West Coast and Fremantle. Yes, Port Adelaide are better than their ladder position suggests, and we totally stuffed up our selection for the game. Yes, the Doggies have a talented young list and we had to play them at the Dome without Cloke.

However, we had no excuses for that performance today in reality. Who were we missing? Cloke, yes, and Reid who has been missing all season. We had Adams back, we dropped White to the ecstasy of many, even Elliott got a run after his injury. Do we really expect Ramsay and Broomhead to be the difference? Goldsack a big loss aside from his experience? Barring Cloke that was within spitting distance of our best team on exposed form and we totally blew chunks. Getting beaten by 37 points by the Demons is patently ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back