Crowd Predictions for Easter Sunday vs GWS Giants @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick question guys, is it possible to buy a members unreserved seating ticket at the gates? Going down for the game with my uncle and cousin, and we have 2 members cards, need a 3rd.

I don't suppose anyone has heard anything about the embarrassing crow-caw they played after goals against Sydney?

hope it's been canned.

I actually liked it, about the only thing I did that day. However I hope this time we actually play our club song as we run out.

Agree. I liked it as well.

It's ok to be different. It will catch on as long as they stick with it.

If we assume 7,500 tickets have been sold (2000 tickets remaining), to achieve a crowd of 35,000 we need 27,500 members to rock up.

With 36,000 11 game members and 8,000 AO Football members, that would be a 62.5% turn up, or in other words a no show rate of 37.5%.

I think we can do it, provided any absentees pass on their membership card.

General Admission: Sold Out Cat 5: Single Seats Cat 4: Available Cat 3: Single Seats Cat 2: Single Seats cat 1: Limited Availability. I like our chances of selling out this match and comfortably getting over 35k. Anything over 40k will be outstanding.

The club are predicting 30K in the paper today

Given theres 1000 tickets left or thereabouts that would mean 22000 no shows. If that happens even on Easter Sunday that would be disappointing.

35K or just over is my tip.

Looking forward to the AO experience again. Loved it last time, apart from the result of the game of course.

Will we be able to top the handing over of the first footy from Cornes to Trigg in the pre-match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't suppose anyone has heard anything about the embarrassing crow-caw they played after goals against Sydney?

hope it's been canned.

One of the coterie groups does it (bunch of middle aged ladies). it is quite possibly the most embarrassing thing I've ever witnessed at the footy. I moved seats to avoid it (v gold coast suns).

One of the coterie groups does it (bunch of middle aged ladies). it is quite possibly the most embarrassing thing I've ever witnessed at the footy. I moved seats to avoid it (v gold coast suns).
nah that would be something different. I'm talking about a pre-recorded sound effect played over the PA system at Adelaide Oval.

very short notice - I have 3 tickets available (free) eastern stand sect 337 - if anyone wants them

Really surprised we have pretty much sold out, especially category 4 seats. Now we just need members to show up. But knowing there was still general public demand for the game gives me some hope.

Once I heard that "the club" were predicting 30,000, I became confident of 40,000+.

Has Alicia Silverstone been appointed as a special consultant to our marketing department?

Nah it's not people screaming out "caw caw" after a goal. It's the graphic they put up on the screens at AO after a goal that makes that sound. Think the trumpeting that happens at Metricon after the Suns kick a goal.

I actually kinda like it. You can hear it over the TV.

I actually liked it, about the only thing I did that day. However I hope this time we actually play our club song as we run out.
Same here, but I would use it more. Before the start of the game I'd like to hear it building up for 10-15 seconds. Not just one squawk, a series of them with thunder, would have good impact especially at a night game.

Same here, but I would use it more. Before the start of the game I'd like to hear it building up for 10-15 seconds. Not just one squawk, a series of them with thunder, would have good impact especially at a night game.
The Thursday night game against the pies will be a massive event I agree think it will work well.

Game is sold out. Excellent crowd, perfect weather once again. And a great first half by AFC. Keep it up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back