Crowd Sections

Remove this Banner Ad

WALDENPOND

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Can anyone tell me the game and reason that Hawthorn and Collingwood had bay sections alternating with fans? Seeing the large groups of fans of the same team coulours looked great when getting up passionately and cheering together and looked great for atmosphere.

Don't get me wrong I like the way AFL fans from different teams sit in unity together, it's one of its great points. And wouldn't want to make it ultra tribal like world football, but just wondering the reason for that game and how impressed I was.

Like every team, Collingwood had reserved seating areas that could only be used by Collingwood supporters who had a reserved seat membership.

Hawthorn also used this game as a replacement game for their home games in Tasmania.

Hope that explains the different supporter areas.

Probably thinking of either the qualifying final in 2012, or the 2011 prelim. Both had 85k+

Where have you been?

There's always been reserved seating for members, with general admission (where we all blend together) usually on top deck, unless it's not expected to be a high-drawing game, in which case there are multiple areas for general admission.

I was in GA on Friday night, top deck, mixed with Hawks and Pies fans.

I may be wrong... But I remember a game where the teams fans were almost completely separated from bay to bay. Group of brown and gold then group of black and white all around at least the first level. It was at least a few years ago.

Yes as stated above quite likely the 2011 prelim, in these finals matches you see this more obviously where sections of the ground are sold separately to the different membership bases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back