Elimination Final Crowd vs lol norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish, we have 70,000 members, do you reckon after a win like this more than half will stay home on the most popular time slot , sat Arvo :confused:

I reckon a massive chunk of that 70k are three gamers, and they ain't gunna waste a game on the GWS

I reckon with school holidays on a lot of families will be otherwise engaged

I reckon a lot of RFC fans still don't give a s**t about watching GWS full stop

I reckon GWS has about three supporters in Melbourne

Also Saturday arvo isn't the most popular timeslot, hasn't been for years

People say its what they want, but the night games are when the marquee games are played for a reason

The reason my friend is because more people watch the games on tv at night not in the middle of the afternoon:confused:, that is all

And that happens to be the same time kids play sport, parents have to go shopping, etc

It's not my pref, but punters actions indicate they prefer night games

And that happens to be the same time kids play sport, parents have to go shopping, etc

It's not my pref, but punters actions indicate they prefer night games
I don't personally , traveling MCG bound on Friday nights in Melbourne ain't a lot of fun by car and with limited parking I'm more and more inclined to miss these games so Arvo fixtures for me rule

I don't personally , traveling MCG bound on Friday nights in Melbourne ain't a lot of fun by car and with limited parking I'm more and more inclined to miss these games so Arvo fixtures for me rule

Same with me, but people with families apparently prefer it

It's not so much what the punters want it's what will get the most $$$$$$$$ from broadcast rights maximizing viewing audience , that's why I can see more Thursday night games ,,,,

Look at attendances, they are better for the night games these days

Thursday nights only works for one reason, Adelaide. They failed to get crowds in Vic, which is why we don't see them here any more

SA peeps love them though, and to a lesser extent Perth

Ratings is one thing, but no one wants to watch a game on TV in a quarter filled stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember last time there was about 11 GWS supporters sitting behind the goals at the city end. See how many they bring this time.
I think there was 16.

We were brave even turning up after the reaming you blokes gave us 8 weeks earlier!

I'll be there Saturday. Can't wait.

The only time I don't care about losing is when we play the Tigers.

Is that you?
No mate. I'm too busy throwing beers down my throat answering dumb questions my wife asks me about the game.

If you sit near our CS on Saturday, she'll be the one wearing a GWS Guernsey with #25 on it.

I had the pleasure of meeting a young underage recruit at the club launch in 2010. I was blown away by his poise and his manners and ability to hold a conversation.

I made sure I remembered his name and tracked his progress. I got the #25 on the first Guernsey I bought in his honour.

His name?

Anthony Miles.

I reckon a massive chunk of that 70k are three gamers, and they ain't gunna waste a game on the GWS

I reckon with school holidays on a lot of families will be otherwise engaged

I reckon a lot of RFC fans still don't give a s**t about watching GWS full stop

I reckon GWS has about three supporters in Melbourne

There is now 5, was 7, until my wife and I moved back to Shitney in January.
2 from Moe, 1 from Altona and 2 people we recruited who moved to Melbourne from Toowoomba that never followed AFL in their life.

Seriously that's it.

Most of the fans are family members/dedicated fans who have flown interstate for the games.

Biggest TV audience..... that is the entire reason.... nothing to do with when people want to go to the footy.

have a look at the attendances. As said before, its not my personal pref (mine is Sunday arvo), but while people are saying they prefer to attend Sat day, their feet are voting the night games

people forget esp with families how many activities actually can only be done during the day on the weekends

have a look at the attendances. As said before, its not my personal pref (mine is Sunday arvo), but while people are saying they prefer to attend Sat day, their feet are voting the night games

people forget esp with families how many activities actually can only be done during the day on the weekends

Yeah but I don't think that's a factor in fixturing so often. The Friday night games are more financially viable for networks because it's primetime.... It's been widely reported on.... I'm not saying people don't go to big games, I'm saying they let the broadcasters have a big say in when the big games are on, not for the crowds but for the advertising dollar.... this is beyond dispute, it's actually what the tv rights are based on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back