Elimination Final Crowd vs lol norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, might depend on their finish to this year.... with Mumford and co. They wouldn't want to finish like GC last year....

GC is an issue. if they followed on with their 2014 form, I think we would be seeing serious interest in them down here.

Their collapse though.....

JFYI I'm only talking away games, much easier to generate support and interest among your own

Agree 100% on the TV culture up there. Heard about it, but was genuinely shocked how each friday night after work the pubs were packed just to watch the league games. very different participation culture to down here
It's what 850kms between Sydney and Melbourne?

Might as well be 814,657,000kms. The difference in the thought process and lifestyle choices are galaxy's apart.

And not just sport either. Everything. But that's a topic for another time I guess.

I can guarantee at least 4 GWS fans there this week. Looking forward to this game as I do every Richmond game. The only game I don't care about losing.

3 gamers are now 11 gamers with the upgrade aren't they. The 45,000 that show up will be ones that get excited being at the G to see their team. The others don't really care that much to want to be there. End of story :cool:

3 gamers are now 11 gamers with the upgrade aren't they. The 45,000 that show up will be ones that get excited being at the G to see their team. The others don't really care that much to want to be there. End of story :cool:

only if they process the request

sounds dumb, but historically consumers are crap at doing this

There is now 5, was 7, until my wife and I moved back to Shitney in January.
2 from Moe, 1 from Altona and 2 people we recruited who moved to Melbourne from Toowoomba that never followed AFL in their life.

Seriously that's it.

Most of the fans are family members/dedicated fans who have flown interstate for the games.
I suspect after your 3rd flag in a row, there'll be plenty of kids all over the country wanting to go and watch the Giants play. (Plenty of adults too seeing the gamestyle is such an attractive/exciting one).

Sydney sports fans are apathetic. Vast majority are more than happy to (and actually do) watch it at home on the big screen.

I don't know why. If I could answer that question I'd be getting paid $700k a year and working for the NRL getting bums on seats.

It's just the way it is.

If we can't sell out our own home ground, we're Buckley's chance of getting massive crowds inter-state. Even more so we are currently decimated by injury.
I reckon it has a lot to do with the fact that League lends itself so well to tv broadcast. The vastness of the field and 'randomness' of the play ie. it can go in any direction, make tv viewing of Aussie Rules much less satisfying.

Just IMO.

I reckon it has a lot to do with the fact that League lends itself so well to tv broadcast. The vastness of the field and 'randomness' of the play ie. it can go in any direction, make tv viewing of Aussie Rules much less satisfying.

Just IMO.

This is 100% correct.

I'm tipping 37k. More than that would be amazing.

Sent from my brain using ESP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just can't get myself up for games against the expansion clubs. F*** you afl
I'm excited. Looking forward to finally seeing the Giants live and seeing what we have just, and will soon miss out on.

Sunny and 13 forecast for Saturday

If that works out I think 40K is achievable.
to put this into context, 43k is the highest ever crowd they have received in Melbourne (against the pies, after that its off the cliff)

I know we pump up our bandwagon, but sometimes we take it a touch too far (we had some people thinking 70k would rock up to the WCE game)

Not really. That was Dimma giving it large as the Brits say. Some do overstate the wagon but that was deliberate exaggeration for effect.

It won't be 50,000 but we're very close to the Pies as a draw - if going well and if getting the weather.

Give us 15 degrees and no rain and I would be surprised if we are not over 40,000. I'd be stunned we were over 45,000.

Be dissapointed in that after watching Carlton draw over 30k against the coast . Anything over 45 k would be great.
Let's face it if basement Carlton can draw 30K top 6 Richmond can draw 40K. if we don't its disappointing.
Sounds like a prediction by someone who won't be at the game
I am trying to be very conservative with my predictions here, but expect more to come after the Sydney win. I expect a number that is a little shy of 40K

Madtiger2006 you are right, I probably won't be at the game this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back