Elimination Final Crowd vs lol norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the third biggest club in Victoria at the gate. Ahead of Carlton but unarguably and undeniably behind Essendon who would have broken 40,000 with ease today.
Essendon just had their lowest crowd in history at Etihad stadium by about 5000 against Port tonight

Essendon just had their lowest crowd in history at Etihad stadium by about 5000 against Port tonight

Dreadful crowd by Essendon standards but only by Essendon standards. Before last night Essendon had with the exception of Adelaide the biggest all time home average attendance V Port of ANY club....including Collingwood.

What were we getting V interstates when we were basement? How many Carlton were at Friday's game?

One swallow does not make a summer and one poor crowd does not make a bandwagon fanbase.

Last edited:
I think you can safely assume that the Essendon crowds will be terrible for the rest of the year

True.

Its also true that before yesterday's game Essendon's overall home average attendance against Port was the highest in Victoria....higher than Collingwoods.

They say that class is permanent and form is temporary.

Well in footy club size is permanent and ups and downs in attendance due to form are temporary. Essendon will struggle in the foreseeable future but are still a huge club on a level with Collingwood.

True.

Its also true that before yesterday's game Essendon's overall home average attendance against Port was the highest in Victoria....higher than Collingwoods.

They say that class is permanent and form is temporary.

Well in footy club size is permanent and ups and downs in attendance due to form are temporary. Essendon will struggle in the foreseeable future but are still a huge club on a level with Collingwood.
Let's see if it stays the same after the next 5-10 years of being at the bottom of the ladder

70k vs hawks ?

I think 70K is possible. 80K is not. Neither club is as big as it thinks it is.

Victorian attendances are soft across the board. It's not a huge game for Hawthorn. Its big but not season defining for them. I can't see more than 28 to 30K hawks there. We have about 35,000 matchgoing fans attending recent home games and there will be a couple of thousand neutrals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't hit 64k

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Hawthorn biggest crowds have relied on recent top 4 and finals rivalries with Geelong and Collingwood.

They have only ever once drawn more than 65K V Essendon. 64K is their record V Richmond. They have never drawn 70K V Carlton.

Our two most recent home attendances - 36K and 40K - have revealed the limit of the Richmond bandwagon. Big? Yes. Very big? Yes again. Top 4 Collingwood big? We now know that is not the case and we have to accept that crowd predictions have to be pared back a bit.

64 to 65K would be a decent result.

Our first MCG game and game in melbourne for a while ( yes our supporters don't go to shitethiad).. We will have a huge turn out and If the weather stays true we will break 70k... This is big for our club and equally, if not bigger for you blokes.

Can't wait! Good luck and hope for no injuries

Our first MCG game and game in melbourne for a while ( yes our supporters don't go to shitethiad).. We will have a huge turn out and If the weather stays true we will break 70k... This is big for our club and equally, if not bigger for you blokes.

Can't wait! Good luck and hope for no injuries

Surely its only a routine game for you against a club you don't take seriously as a rival. You are already planning for your annual qualifying final.

Season defining for us. many of your fans will miss another hawk romp against opponents who couldn't kick straight if their mothers lives depended on it. There'll be no more than 35K there in the 4th qtr.

Surely its only a routine game for you against a club you don't take seriously as a rival. You are already planning for your annual qualifying final.

Season defining for us. many of your fans will miss another hawk romp against opponents who couldn't kick straight if their mothers lives depended on it.

Na mate.. I think the Hawk and Tiger angst is more supporter based than club based, there's always been a bit in it between both factions and that'll ensure a big crowd.

If you look at our home ground crowds at G they are quite large, doesn't matter who we play we seem to come out to watch at the G! We are known as a fickle bunch and we won't go to Etihad, however home games at the G and the numbers are really big.

No rain 70k

Na mate.. I think the Hawk and Tiger angst is more supporter based than club based, there's always been a bit in it between both factions and that'll ensure a big crowd.

If you look at our home ground crowds at G they are quite large, doesn't matter who we play we seem to come out to watch at the G! We are known as a fickle bunch and we won't go to Etihad, however home games at the G and the numbers are really big.

No rain 70k

You could be right and let's hope you are but there are several reasons why you may be wrong.

1. Overall Victorian attendances are soft. Most games have missed reasonable pre game predictions.
2. You expect to beat us.....and probably will. This'll dampen your turnout.
3. We expect to lose - I expect you to flog us from here to Bendigo to be honest - and this will dampen our turnout.
4. Your really big G crowds have been built round C'wood and the rivalry with Geelong. The other big Victorian clubs Carlton/Essendon/Richmond simply don't attract 70K to games V the Hawks.

I'll be delighted to be proved wrong mate but I think we are in for a disappointing crowd.

Last edited:
We can't be bagging Essendons crowd. They are bottom 4 this year. We've had low 20k crowds against port a few times including Richos 200th and 250th

You could be right and let's hope you are but there are several reasons why you may be wrong.

1. Overall Victorian attendances are soft. Most games have missed reasonable pre game predictions.
2. You expect to beat us.....and probably will. This'll dampen your turnout.
3. We expect to lose - I expect you to flog us from here to Bendigo to be honest - and this will dampen our turnout.
4. Your really big G crowds have been built round C'wood and the rivalry with Geelong. The other big Victorian clubs Carlton/Essendon/Richmond simply don't attract 70K to games V the Hawks.

I'll be delighted to be proved wrong mate but I think we are in for a disappointing crowd.

You need to look at our recent years crowds at the G against Port/Freo/GWS/Swines and WCE... I think you'll be surprised.

Carlton, Hawthorn and Essendon all exposed themselves as minnows this weekend.

26k on a Friday night? What the hell is that?

Those three minnows have won 16 of the 34 premierships on offer since Bruce Monteath came off the bench to hold up Richmonds last peice of silverwear. The lowest Ethiad crowd for a game between Carlton and Hawthorn prior to Friday was 45,000 which indicates extenuating circumstances at play. Essendon are having a terrible year and Port have next to no supporters in this city. Neither crowd was surprising. Crowd sizes are obviously considered of the utmost importance for Tiger fans. They have had nothing else to celebrate for 34 years beside breaking their own membership tally records. They even have post topics like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back