Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Absolute tripe here. Nothing to add. Let's hope the Hawks can be a great club on and off the field like you guys. This is terrible and not even bay worthy.
Quality melt. Will read again tomorrow.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Irate? Far from it. I like most people who follow actual serious clubs find the insecurity complex of Richmond fans hilarious.
Comes to Richmond board
opens thread
Melts hard
Pretends he's not salty

Dat insecurity is dripping everywhere

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
Our loss to Freo shouldn't have lost us too many fans however seeing how Swans just got pumped we missed a great opportunity to land ourselves in the top4.

Seeing us in the 4 would have pushed more Neutrals through the gates especially being a friday night. Im going to say if the weather holds up we will push 80k but two top4 sides sitting 2 and 3 in the membership count would have reached closer to 90k.

gaelictiogar

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2006
east melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
If you are a psychologist you should have worked out I don't give a stuff about who has more supporters. The fact that I have not said once that I think Hawthorn have more supporters than Richmond is a fact you have seemed to have missed. When fans of clubs who have done better than two finals wins in 32 years discuss football they tend to concentrate on their team. In the absence of anything worthwhile to say about their team a lot of Tiger fans beat their chest about their support base as is that is something to be gloriously proud of. That is an inferiority complex.

My dear chap you are a guest on this board. Behave.

Bigfooty has numerous posts over the years from hawk fans on attendance threads telling us attendance doesn't matter and returning again and again to the same attendance threads to tell us again and again that attendance doesn't matter.

Hawthorn fans seem to be more civic minded than most. Other clubs fans are nowhere near as interested in our delusions as you are. Thanks for the concern.

gaelictiogar

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2006
east melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Our loss to Freo shouldn't have lost us too many fans however seeing how Swans just got pumped we missed a great opportunity to land ourselves in the top4.

Seeing us in the 4 would have pushed more Neutrals through the gates especially being a friday night. Im going to say if the weather holds up we will push 80k but two top4 sides sitting 2 and 3 in the membership count would have reached closer to 90k.

Absolutely no chance. None whatever of hitting 80,000 never mind 90.

Subtract recent top 4 flag fav confrontations with Geelong and Collingwood and Hawthorn simply don't do 80,000. In fact we've never played to a 80K crowd if not against Carlton/Collingwood/Essendon.

Carlton, Essendon and Richmond are the big beasts in the Victorian jungle. Despite years surfing a wave of success Hawks have one attendance above 75K against all three and that a de facto Elimination final in final round against Essendon which failed to hit 80K

70K will be huge in the circumstances and 80K is not on the radar.

Last edited:
If it was our home game there would be 90 k there on Friday night
no chance

75k max. with close to 50k Richmond fans. hawks dont have that many supporters

gaelictiogar

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2006
east melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
no chance

75k max. with close to 50k Richmond fans. hawks dont have that many supporters

Their home game?

No way.

Whatever the fixture says The Tigers are never away at the MCG. It is OUR ground in OUR part of town with OUR fans dominating everyone when we are out in force.

Let's hope we hear the roar when our team runs out and we hear it even louder at the end.

Their home game?

No way.

Whatever the fixture says The Tigers are never away at the MCG. It is OUR ground in OUR part of town with OUR fans dominating everyone when we are out in force.

Let's hope we hear the roar when our team runs out and we hear it even louder at the end.
if it was a rfc homer i meant 75k max

gaelictiogar

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2006
east melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
hawks also hvent played the G for a while I think their fans will be out in force for this one

Perhaps. But however many they bring they will be up against us in our spiritual home. They will be away from home. They'll be playing the Richmond tigers a the MCG.
I hope our team wants it enough. I hope they realise they will surf a wave of emotion and noise into the finals if they give us a chance to get behind them. Hawthorn are a marvellous team but let's hope.

Mar 21, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We don't get to many competitive games these days and with the few fans that bothered last Friday night leaving feeling like they hadn't got to first base I would say we will be out in force this Friday night. I would expect a Hawk dominated crowd of around 70-75k for this one.

We don't get to many competitive games these days and with the few fans that bothered last Friday night leaving feeling like they hadn't got to first base I would say we will be out in force this Friday night. I would expect a Hawk dominated crowd of around 70-75k for this one.
Tigers are in 5th wont happen even though its your homer

gaelictiogar

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2006
east melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
In that case expect 80+ because I would expect +40k Hawks to lob. We had 63 turn up v's Sydney back in round 8 and there wouldn't have been more than 20k Sydney supporters.

Whatever the percentage of the crowd for each club any expectations of 80,000 will almost certainly be disappointed.

Richmond have had 16 such attendances in its history. All against Carlton, Collingwood or Essendon.

Hawthorn have had 6 all but one against joint flag fav Geelong and Collingwood in recent years. Richmond are nowhere close to legit flag favouritism at about $16 to $18. There is no precedent for recent hawks drawing 80K against such disregarded opposition.

A de facto Elimination final against Essendon a few years back drew 77,000.

Victorian attendances have softened by several thousand a game across the board in recent years.

70,000 will meet any realistic expectations. 80K would be unprecedented both for Richmond against non traditional "Big 4" opposition and for Hawthorn against all Melbourne opposition except top 4 Collingwoods themselves trading at less that $5 for the flag. Just not going to happen though of course it would be great if it did because the Victorian clubs need a boost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back