Crown: Aussie Millions

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't play the final HOF event today, for those who had a sweat I'll contact for refunds

Haxton has fired a 6th bullet today in the 100k, mbn

Can't play the final HOF event today, for those who had a sweat I'll contact for refunds

Haxton has fired a 6th bullet today in the 100k, mbn

That's pretty insane from Haxton - obviously I think he's a great player even compared to those others in the field of that 100k given he's a great cash and SNG player, but to burn that amount of money is pretty silly.

Haxton on his 2nd BI in the 250k. I know he crushes the $5k BI hypers but that's likely months of work for him - not too sure about his current cash game play situation in terms of volume - maybe he's been playing live in Macau recently? This time he looks like he's done something with that 2nd bullet.

Been trying to work out how much money is currently in the prizepool for the 250k, $12 million maybe? Maybe $6 million for first? 37 players with a number of players firing 2 bullets, someone 3. BI and rebuys still tomorrow as well.

Been trying to work out how much money is currently in the prizepool for the 250k, $12 million maybe? Maybe $6 million for first? 37 players with a number of players firing 2 bullets, someone 3. BI and rebuys still tomorrow as well.

In 2012, the 250k had 16 entries, in 2013, 18 entries. This year, 37 entries (so far)!!!
11 Rebuys so far this year:
0 - 19 players
1 - Bloom, Haxton, Lo
2 - Gruissem, Kurganov, Negreanu, McDonald

Not a good advertisement for poker:

Last edited:
So 12 milly is right, and whatever is coming tomorrow - can sort of understand why Haxton is firing multiple bullets in this format given his extensive hyper experience online, having said that it is 1.1 million in a few days spent on BI with no returns so far......

Over 7 hours in and no players have busted the Main. Looking like 3rd year in a row the Main goes into an unscheduled Day 6. Typical of Crown to run late. Chip Average is 47 BBs, CL has 88 BBs, SS (only Aussie) has 12.

There must be a lot of value being high up on the All-Time Money List. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the high rollers would not disagree that it is worth breaking even in a $250k to rise up that list. I'm pretty sure that Negreanu would spend 10m in buyins to earn 10m in winnings and move ahead of Antonio and Sam.

Over 7 hours in and no players have busted the Main. Looking like 3rd year in a row the Main goes into an unscheduled Day 6. Typical of Crown to run late. Chip Average is 47 BBs, CL has 88 BBs, SS (only Aussie) has 12.

Seiver just busted after being all in about 15 times and surviving each one

Incredible playing from everyone to go this long

I remember getting home from work during the first day of the ME FT with Merson and co and being amazed that there had been no eliminations for the day so far

There must be a lot of value being high up on the All-Time Money List. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the high rollers would not disagree that it is worth breaking even in a $250k to rise up that list. I'm pretty sure that Negreanu would spend 10m in buyins to earn 10m in winnings and move ahead of Antonio and Sam.

Not sure of the value of being top of the money list? Negreanu's place in the history of the game is already assured as is his Stars contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure of the value of being top of the money list? Negreanu's place in the history of the game is already assured as is his Stars contract.
If you have listened to him enough you will know that the money list is very important to him. Dan Shak has gone off on Twitter about the SHR with multiple rebuys, saying it detracts from the Main Event (amongst other things).

Last Aussie has busted the Main.

Last edited:
At least 9 players bought back in on Day 2 of the $100k Event with a 100k stack at 3/6 (<17 BBs).

Eventual winner Timoshenko started Day 2 of the 100k as the short stack with 64k (< 11BBs).

Hence Bonomo re-buying into the 250k and starting with 12 BBs should be a lock for the win!

Seiver started the day 7th and busted 7th. The Aussie started 6th and busted 6th.

Overnight chip leader and online phenom Ami Barer started with 1/3 of the chips but is now the short stack.

Canadians HU, Balsiger busts in 3rd, 4-bets with KK and calls 5-bet shove from ATo.

See it so often that if you shove with the worst hand you get there, it's not good enough to get your money in good, especially if you're the at-risk player. Can't buy hookers and blow with Sklansky bucks. You want to be the player shoving first, even with AA/KK/QQ, your odds are 100% if you get a fold.

If Balsiger 4-bet shoves though it's a huge over-bet, but he would have got Barer to fold.

I'm 223,455th, got a lot of catching up to do....

Canadians HU, Balsiger busts in 3rd, 4-bets with KK and calls 5-bet shove from ATo.

See it so often that if you shove with the worst hand you get there, it's not good enough to get your money in good, especially if you're the at-risk player. Can't buy hookers and blow with Sklansky bucks. You want to be the player shoving first, even with AA/KK/QQ, your odds are 100% if you get a fold.

If Balsiger 4-bet shoves though it's a huge over-bet, but he would have got Barer to fold.

red+black I'm unsure of why you want to overbet 4bet jam that spot, I think you're being very results orientated in regards to that hand. In every tournament the winner is the person who accumulates all the chips. Getting it in KK vs A10 would be going along way for balsiger to win the tournament. I understand you win the 100% of the time but when you 4bet (Not all in) you give him the chance to do what he did with Ax qq etc. It's alot harder for him to call off with those hands.

If my thinking is incorrect please let me know but I'm sure the pros would rather there opponent 5bai rather then fold a hand like A10 there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back