Crown Poker Championship (Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers

Btw the hand you opened utg and I 3b I had jacks

Had never played with the euro who 4b me before but had I known him I would have 5b small and called off he was pretty aggro and really tough to play against OOP (I was oop to him on two separate additional tables after ours, he should have been paying rent for space on my left)

Cheers

Btw the hand you opened utg and I 3b I had jacks

Had never played with the euro who 4b me before but had I known him I would have 5b small and called off he was pretty aggro and really tough to play against OOP (I was oop to him on two separate additional tables after ours, he should have been paying rent for space on my left)

Think I had ace rag that hand but yeah he was tricky

Hand you saw ash he raises a hand after showing down 94s, which probably helped me fold this hand

I 3bet AJ, he calls after asking how much I have, flop A62 which I'm very happy with, I c/raise he calls which kind of sets off an alarm, turn is a T I check to evaluate he jams, I tank for probs the longest tank I've made in memory and eventually fold he shows a set of 66

My original plan on that board was to find a way to get it in but after he shows down 94 the hand before I figure he's opening range tightens up for the next few hands plus a small timing tell preflop indicating an easy decision along with his asking of my stack and flatting my c/raise his range felt really strong

Think I had ace rag that hand but yeah he was tricky

Hand you saw ash he raises a hand after showing down 94s, which probably helped me fold this hand

I 3bet AJ, he calls after asking how much I have, flop A62 which I'm very happy with, I c/raise he calls which kind of sets off an alarm, turn is a T I check to evaluate he jams, I tank for probs the longest tank I've made in memory and eventually fold he shows a set of 66

My original plan on that board was to find a way to get it in but after he shows down 94 the hand before I figure he's opening range tightens up for the next few hands plus a small timing tell preflop indicating an easy decision along with his asking of my stack and flatting my c/raise his range felt really strong

I had you for AK-AQ on that hand, was quite surprised you elected to c/r flop after 3ball pre, I probably just lead or check call twice and evaluate river. (admittedly both of those lines send us broke so w/e).

-----

I busted Main Event today first hand after end of re-entry. Table was ridiculously soft, only person I knew was Rick-waa and I had immediate position (though we are never going to tangle in a field this weak)

Table was similar to the standard of a $100 nightly tournament, the play and commentary afterwards was just so hilariously awful.

Interesting hands

1) I open A7 suited from the HJ and get 3b by the CO, who seemed quite tight. I planned to fold but the BB called cold so I call

FLOP: T94

A check, I check, he sighs and checks

TURN: 9 putting up two diamonds

A check, I bet 1/2 pot, a sigh fold (lol, AK no good sir) and a call

RIVER: 5

He bets quite large, or so I thought. This had me quite likely to call (all the draws missed, he wont value bet a T against me, he leads 9s on the turn) but then I find out the bet is about half as big, which makes me more scared to call. I end up calling anyway and beat A2hh for the complete airball.

2)

An open limp, Rick-waa raises, I call out of BB with JTcc and limper calls

FLOP: QT3 all spades

Rick checks, I check limper bets quite big, 3/4 pot. A fold, I call

TURN: 7h

I check, he looks at his cards and checks back. * yeah, I got him, and now dont be a spade on the river

RIVER: 6h

Thank you. I check with the intention to call so fast I will burn my hands on the felt. He bets, I call, he rolls 45dd

3)

I open limp 22 UTG because UTG+1 is loading up a raise. UTG+1 raises, a heap of callers and I call. This is the first hand I have open limped in deliberately in a tournament for about 2 years.

FLOP: T52r

Jackpot fever. Checks to PFR, who makes a bet of about 2k into 3.5k. A few folds, a call. I call closing the action because I am fairly sure I can get both of them, UTG+1 with a big pair and the other player with Tx on most turns.

TURN: 5

Yep, beautiful. I check. UTG+1 bets 6k into 9.5k. Other guy makes a nice fold (assuming he had Tx). I check raise all in its 10k more for him to call. He tanks for ages and eventually calls.

I turn over my full house. He nods and goes to throw his hand face down into the muck. The dealer was bad and seemed likely to kill the hand, but others at the table mentioned the cards had to be shown face up. Sure enough, the guy who thought his big pair was drawing dead has KK, and rivers a king. I ask for a ruling, but due to all those not in the hand not letting me have a word in edgeways when the floor is over, I lose the ruling.

The cards never touched the official muck pile, so I probably lose most rulings at Melbourne (I win them all in Perth) but yeah, its disappointing it happens that way

I end up short after that and after fighting valiantly bust it off. I was shocked by how terrible the play was, lots of open limping, RIO hands and playing OOP. Will be back tomorrow in an effort to win back my pride and honour

Until then, I will be sitting in my room watching Bobs Burgers

I had you for AK-AQ on that hand, was quite surprised you elected to c/r flop after 3ball pre, I probably just lead or check call twice and evaluate river. (admittedly both of those lines send us broke so w/e).

-----

A c-bet would be standard but thought it gets too many folds from air and I would make more money by c/raising or c/calling. I went for a c/raise in an effort to open up him betting again, I was pretty keen on getting it in on that board, and if he jams my c/raise I call but his flat was sus as leading to my turn fold
Bad luck on the main, will see you in there tomorrow

A c-bet would be standard but thought it gets too many folds from air and I would make more money by c/raising or c/calling. I went for a c/raise in an effort to open up him betting again, I was pretty keen on getting it in on that board, and if he jams my c/raise I call but his flat was sus as leading to my turn fold
Bad luck on the main, will see you in there tomorrow

I think if you are opening up betting you are better off c/c because either

1) he tries to bet again to move you off a stubborn 99-KK

2) He picks up second pair, checks back, and might end up calling a river bet

If I c/r, I probably just jam turn, but if you were so confident he had it, then I guess its nice hand.

I think if you are opening up betting you are better off c/c because either

1) he tries to bet again to move you off a stubborn 99-KK

2) He picks up second pair, checks back, and might end up calling a river bet

If I c/r, I probably just jam turn, but if you were so confident he had it, then I guess its nice hand.

If I'm c/raising I should be jamming turn, but I guess after the flat call I realised I was behind, maybe didnt realise it at the time of the c/raise. I guess I expect the hand to end there most of the time, or for him to come over the top.

I may get more value from leading though I think its close, hes going to give up on a whole lot of unpiared hands on that board where I might get an extra bet if I check, which is how the hand plays out most of the time, maybe the rest of the time I should go broke by jamming turn but this time I just avoided it

Bad luck on the 22 v KK hand.

But TDA Rule 15 states that hands must be tabled when a player is all-in and called. Sometimes a player goes to muck (especially when calling all-in on the river and seeing they're beat) and the dealer does muck the hand. This is a dealer error. The hand should be turned face up (cards speak) and then mucked. You received a correct ruling. I would expect the same at a WSOP/WPT/EPT event. Maybe Perth does not strictly follow TDA rules.

Last edited:
Bad luck on the 22 v KK hand.

But TDA Rule 15 states that hands must be tabled when a player is all-in and called. Sometimes a player goes to muck (especially when calling all-in on the river and seeing they're beat) and the dealer does muck the hand. This is a dealer error. The hand should be turned face up (cards speak) and then mucked. You received a correct ruling. I would expect the same at a WSOP/WPT/EPT event. Maybe Perth does not strictly follow TDA rules.

I saw something similar to that at a live event in Sydney about 6 weeks ago - blinds 150/300, an open limp, Asian woman ships 90 BB into the middle, limper mucks out of turn, folded to BB, Asian woman pushes her cards face down towards the muck and they touch mucked cards (probably thinking everyone is going to fold to her push). BB still to act and he says her cards are mucked, TD comes over for a ruling and rules in BB favour. BB gets 90 BB without a showdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly an appalling wrong decision by the TD there. TD should consider alternative work.

Last edited:
Two WSOP examples that the Sydney ruling is wrong. Asian woman in your example should forfeit 1BB to the BB. That is the by-the-book ruling, although I would prefer to see her forfeit 2BBs to the BB as her intention was to raise. And because I am a hard-ass, I would also give limper and Asian woman a one orbit penalty for mucking out of turn.

Given that everyone hated on Koroknai getting to keep his chips really I doubt that is a good example to use, even though Koroknai was the villain of that final table and everyone was going for the two women (Baumann and Hille)

Anyway, Im not as upset by the ruling as I am by the other players who weren't in the hand. That dealer we had was bad, and probably kills the cards if they don't say anything (them talking clearly violates OPTAH)

--------------------------

Took three bullets total, but I survived with 67k ave will be about 50k for tomorrow. Hoping for a long run though they say they will wrap up the tournament tomorrow, which will not happen with 150 left and one hour levels.

Taking 45.8k into tomorrow, one bullet total

Had a great starting table, although the guy on my direct left (young asian kid) announced his intentions to the table early, open limping from UTG1, SB raises, young kid wakes up and 3bets, SB 4bets and he folds

A few hands later we are in the blinds, UTG opens, I call KJ, he calls, flop 9xJ, I chk he checks UTG c-bets 200, I call, young kid raises to $800, UTG folds and I call

At this point I'm expecting a 3 barrel from him, so I chk call repeat 9 turn, river is K I chk again he makes it 3500 I call he mucks without showing

He busted a little while later just being ultra spewy, trying to push everyone off everything, as I said to Ash in the room he just didnt have a check button, would always bet postflop when checked to him, wouldve been nice to get some more out of him before he busted

He was replaced by a good online reg though, but table was still mega soft so I was able to chip up to 35k~ without any real hands

Interesting hand, guy opens CO on my BB, i 3bet 67o just because, he calls, flop 356r, I cbet, he calls

Turn bingo 4, I bet about 1/4th of his remaining stack, he calls, river K, I put him in he calls with A7 which is a little dissapointing for the chop

From there I was very, very card dead. Best hand I saw all day was JJ, but I had about a 4 hour period of T high. As I said table was soft so was able to maintain a little but couldnt win a pot past the flop

Eventually we got a table break, and with about 10m to go in the day with 20bb I squeeze AK (edit: when i say squeeze i mean peel, not 3bet squeeze or anything, just dealt AK), I open, and KQ 3bet jams on me having me covered I call and hold

So 45k into tomorrow, hopefully can chip up early because the field is absurd soft

Last edited:
My first time at CPC. Down to [13/102] in event 9, little below avg, ~9k ftw

EDIT: I'll just keep editing this 1 by 1 :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back