Preview Crows AFL Fantasty/Super Coach Questions

Varicho

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2008
Essendon
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey Guys interested in Martin. Is he likely to have a run with role? And do you like his Job Security? Considering him over Norths McDonald for a POD

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey Guys interested in Martin. Is he likely to have a run with role? And do you like his Job Security? Considering him over Norths McDonald for a POD
noble on radio said tonight that they have liked his game in the fwd half recently so i expect him to be used more as a wing/small fwd

matty lloyd the champ

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Rockets
I'm not sure if this has been asked else where, but having gone through this thread, it hasn't been answered yet.

Will Dangerfield spend more time up forward this season?

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Whats his JS like down forward. ?

Will most likely play 2nd fiddle to Eddie Betts. If he plays well, he'll stay. If it doesn't perform he will be gone pretty quick, it's as simple as that. Therefore cant really say or guarantee how long he will be around for.

I'm not sure if this has been asked else where, but having gone through this thread, it hasn't been answered yet. His preseason form has looked promising however and definitely warranted selection. The next step forward for him is his body holding up.

Maybe a little more than your standard midfielder like Ablett or Swan, but not all that much. We have added Betts and Pods to our forward line, with JJ and Tex returning from injuries sustained last year. He may rest forward rather than being interchanged, but we dont need him forward as much as we did last year.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Is Crouch likely to get a game early or will it be like brad all over again?

Hard to say at this stage.

The truth is we have a plethora of inside midfielders that are all ahead of matty crouch, as much as we all want to see him play. May play some games if we cop and injury or two, but if we are full strength then I cant see him playing much this year to be honest.

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
Will most likely play 2nd fiddle to Eddie Betts. If he plays well, he'll stay. If it doesn't perform he will be gone pretty quick, it's as simple as that. Therefore cant really say or guarantee how long he will be around for.

Maybe a little more than your standard midfielder like Ablett or Swan, but not all that much. We have added Betts and Pods to our forward line, with JJ and Tex returning from injuries sustained last year. He may rest forward rather than being interchanged, but we dont need him forward as much as we did last year.
Thanks arusso.:)

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
I'm not sure if this has been asked else where, but having gone through this thread, it hasn't been answered yet.

I wouldn't worry about it if he does. Will still score heavily if he does.

Hi Guys, took Brent Reilly in SC draft, is he playing/likely to play or still recovering from his shoulder?
Many thanks
As far as I'm aware, he has overcome his injury. He played last week in the SANFL reserves, so I guess it's just a matter of getting match fitness into him. He may be playing in the SANFL today, so it is possible he will return for the Showdown. Hope that helps. :)

Big_Luch

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
As far as I'm aware, he has overcome his injury. He played last week in the SANFL reserves, so I guess it's just a matter of getting match fitness into him. He may be playing in the SANFL today, so it is possible he will return for the Showdown. Hope that helps. :)
thanks mate

Elder van Berlo

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Hi Guys, took Brent Reilly in SC draft, is he playing/likely to play or still recovering from his shoulder?
Many thanks

Reilly had his second SANFL hitout today, but Sando has said he won't be back for round 2. I'd expect him back as soon as the club thinks he's ready, so probably round 3-4.

CheckSide_

Rookie
Aug 12, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys, I'm looking at picking up Jaensch in a draft league. What his job security like? Will he get pushed out when Reilly and lard come back?

LiftLift

Debutant
Feb 19, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys, Sam Kerridge. Wondering what his role was vs Cats and what's expected for rest of season? I guess I'm trying to find out if he played mostly midfield or fwd and more offensive or defensive. I'm after a fwd in my draft league, he would need to ave 82+ in SC to make it worthwhile. Any news on how his pre season was?
Thanks!! GL for 2014 season

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hey guys, Sam Kerridge. Wondering what his role was vs Cats and what's expected for rest of season? I guess I'm trying to find out if he played mostly midfield or fwd and more offensive or defensive. I'm after a fwd in my draft league, he would need to ave 82+ in SC to make it worthwhile. Any news on how his pre season was?
Thanks!! GL for 2014 season

Kerridge was played right through the guts against the cats and was probably our best midfielder. All us crows fans were expecting him to tag so that was a little surprising. Dont be shocked if he is given a run with role however.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Hi guys,

I picked McKernan as a POD F6 in my Supercoach team and to pinch hit in the Rucks if Sandi goes down. I watched him earnestly against the Cats and I must say, am a little deflated at how he played given he was hyped by Gerard Healy pre season. He looks unfit and I thought he'd pinch hit in the Ruck more often than he did.

Just wondering whether the dozen disposals and 65 SC points was a fair return or was he down? I have a litany of likely types to replace him if he doesn't lift his game.

I'd be comfortable pocketing 80's from him at his price and being a ruck back up like I mentioned earlier.

Your thoughts?

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Hi guys,

I picked McKernan as a POD F6 in my Supercoach team and to pinch hit in the Rucks if Sandi goes down. I watched him earnestly against the Cats and I must say, am a little deflated at how he played given he was hyped by Gerard Healy pre season. He looks unfit and I thought he'd pinch hit in the Ruck more often than he did.

Just wondering whether the dozen disposals and 65 SC points was a fair return or was he down? I have a litany of likely types to replace him if he doesn't lift his game.

I'd be comfortable pocketing 80's from him at his price and being a ruck back up like I mentioned earlier.

Your thoughts?
There are other options that are WAY better. I'd trade McKernan out if I were you.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
There are other options that are WAY better. I'd trade McKernan out if I were you.

I'm thinking he won't last long if he keeps putting in performances like that. Jenkins or the other key tall could easily replace him in his role. Cheers

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've got Douglas in one of my draft leagues and am keen to put him straight back on, any indication on whether he's likely to be subbed out or good to go for a full match?
cant see him being a sun unless he gets injured.

he only missed a couple of weeks and as an impact injury the main worry for reinjury will be impact not workload

Back