Crows resign Sam Shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see that coming. Was sure he'd go elsewhere for a fresh start. Oh well, either (a) the Crows have big plans for him or (b) Shaw's manager hasn't received many phone calls.

Didn't see that coming. Was sure he'd go elsewhere for a fresh start. Oh well, either (a) the Crows have big plans for him or (b) Shaw's manager hasn't received many phone calls.
It's not as though he hasn't had his chances at a senior level. His body constantly lets him down and his disposal is god awful.

We can't be picky with our defenders at the moment though because there aren't that many of them left.

Otten's injury may have saved his career.
unfortunately for Otten you're probably right, but I feel like he'd hit his post-knee ceiling as it was so sadly I can't see him playing another 20 games for the club.

what does this mean for the Goldsack rumours then? No good, or just hedging our bets a bit? Sounds like a similar situation to "Lyons is a required player" followed by the drafting M. Crouch.

EDIT:^what? 4 years? you're taking the piss aren't you, have to be.

According to C9 news the Crows are re-signing Sam Shaw.

4 at $400k is the base these days. And he deserves that. Although, in his last game I thought he was really clean gathering a slipperyish ball. So I'm a little conflicted. I quite like the way he gets the ball, but I don't think disposal is fixable at his age. However, if he played on a wing and just pounded the ball deep, his mis-kicks could work in our favour. Depends if we're going with a 'bomb it long and out-height them' system or whether we plan to make space and hit up leading targets(deep or otherwise ffs).

Would be a little surprised that he gets signed so early though. Although sando, dmac, Reilly suggest it's not unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 at $400k is the base these days. And he deserves that. Although, in his last game I thought he was really clean gathering a slipperyish ball. So I'm a little conflicted. I quite like the way he gets the ball, but I don't think disposal is fixable at his age. However, if he played on a wing and just pounded the ball deep, his mis-kicks could work in our favour. Depends if we're going with a 'bomb it long and out-height them' system or whether we plan to make space and hit up leading targets(deep or otherwise ffs).

The guy has talent without a doubt but the kicking and the injuries are chronic.

Don't mind a longer term deal if we miss on goldsack, especially with Otten out. Cheaper than goldsack as well and can play taller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back