Crows secret city base - how long until it's a reality?

Remove this Banner Ad

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
THE Adelaide Football Club has developed a confidential proposal to build a city headquarters in the parklands just a few hundred metres from the CBD’s new home of football.
The Sunday Mail can reveal that before the State Election the Crows briefed the highest levels of government about their “significant” ambitions to relocate their home to a new site located about 300m east of Adelaide Oval.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...ar-adelaide-oval/story-fnii5yv4-1227042619494

Would be a good get to move from the swamp lands of West Lakes to the corner of Sir Edwin Smith Drive and War Memorial Drive with a club rooms attached.

Edit: can we please put all rumours, news articles, published plans and discussion in this thread. I'm sure this will happen.

Last edited:

“We’re horrified at the prospect of another major development on the parklands,” Association president Ian Gilfillan said.

“The association views these discussions with serious alarm — it sounds like a forerunner to another grab of parklands for a commercial, single-based interest group.”

“What we’re concerned about is that what may come from Crows is potentially a totally inappropriate edifice being built, extending the alienation of the parklands.”

“The university sports club has already established a totally unacceptable facility at Park 10, near McKinnon Parade — it was portrayed as being an efficient combination of sporting resources but it morphed into a two-storey glamorous centre for club activities.”
Has Ian Gilfilan ever heard himself talk?

How much would Next Generation Memorial Drive cost to buy outright?

I wonder if we could by a shair and become a partner. That would give us a base.

Out of interest, what sort of ball park cost would that land be worth?
Huge amount I'd say. Anzac highway, close to the CBD, it's primary business land. Probably a fantastic "Out of CBD" shopping centre, or maybe a DFO type shop. Could see a big bidding war over that site.

Huge amount I'd say. Anzac highway, close to the CBD, it's primary business land. Probably a fantastic "Out of CBD" shopping centre, or maybe a DFO type shop. Could see a big bidding war over that site.

The O'connel Street one but everything you said still fits.

Triggy thought he could get approval to build a new facility on the tennis courts very close to the Uni grandstand at Bob Neil #1. That wont happen unless a big s**t fight happens and a massive amount of Parklands legislation gets changed or repealed. Good luck getting that up.

But the crows have other options - more expensive and further away, but still relatively close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest, what sort of ball park cost would that land be worth?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...994677465?nk=4f67c5f2cb36ff2795f05a7bae05a087

$75000 for a car park space, got a feeling 15 to 20 mil is the value of the land depending on how far the rules can be bent/broken.

Think there is too much pride to make a sale not involving development as well, not sure what cutting your nose off to spite your face achieves for you though when it costs money to hold.

We should have a dip at the lease for The Stag or Dog and Duck.

The Stag would be a great idea. Imagine the Crows having some sort of prize for members, where they get access to the top deck during Clipsal.

We could do a march to AO from there too ;)

Stag would be interesting. bit far away so Dog and duck - but then given its location you can only imagine the s**t the club would have to put up with from the Advertiser.
both.png

Stag would be interesting. bit far away so Dog and duck - but then given its location you can only imagine the s**t the club would have to put up with from the Advertiser.

Luckily, we've got access to a few successful hoteliers that could advise on such matters.

true. but I Can't see a positive for the club having a hotel in Hindley Street, Rucci would play it for all that it is worth.

Yea, I think the same re the Dog & Duck, but The Stag could be perfect.

Given how scratch hospitality is as present, the Crows should try and take over the lease for the remainder of the season as a test case; if it works, keep it, if it doesn't, the owners have revenue while they find a long term leaseholder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back