Crows secret city base - how long until it's a reality?

Remove this Banner Ad

that massive vacant block

Next to the Archer Hotel. Well, it was 20 years ago.

When in Adelaide we've been staying on Stanley St, mate has a supermarket on O'Connell Street, so I've been around it a fair bit. I s**t you not, I am yet to notice a vacant block on that road. Being an ex Lecornu's site, it would have to be huge.

Don't you get publicly hanged for even suggesting a development on that site?

004901-aa1cdf0e-c05f-11e3-9a65-7ae3511942af.jpg

Here we have Batmoran, watching over the city, ready to defend her beloved precinct from... interference in the affairs of rich people?

The Bat signal is a copy of the 1993 Development Act being waved around.

The Batcave is the Adelaide City Council chambers.

When in Adelaide we've been staying on Stanley St, mate has a supermarket on O'Connell Street, so I've been around it a fair bit. I s**t you not, I am yet to notice a vacant block on that road. Being an ex Lecornu's site, it would have to be huge.
they fenced it off.

004901-aa1cdf0e-c05f-11e3-9a65-7ae3511942af.jpg

Here we have Batmoran, watching over the city, ready to defend her beloved precinct from... interference in the affairs of rich people?

The Bat signal is a copy of the 1993 Development Act being waved around.

The Batcave is the Adelaide City Council chambers.
hahaah
Classic, what year is this photo from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know, it'd have to be old since she gone the white hair route and I can't recognise ay of the buildings.
Thats what I thought.
Was thinking on Saturday at the game, one day when we eventually realise we need to put a stand on the Northern Side can you imagine the furore. Lead by the North Adelaide residents.

Went to the crows vs Collingwoog game at the dome and on Level 1 - the Collingwood (and I assume other Victorian clubs) Football Club have a social club. They have a room for 2500 members to sit down and have a drink or a bite to eat before and after the match.

I can not believe they didn't build a social eatery within Adelaide Oval for the average joe to sit down and have a bite to eat. IMO - I would lover to say this is a massive oversight but knowing the SACA and the SANFL - it would not have been as thry don't give 2 shits about the run of the mill fan who goes, they only care about the corporate type who pay mega bucks to join thast boys club.

Went to the crows vs Collingwoog game at the dome and on Level 1 - the Collingwood (and I assume other Victorian clubs) Football Club have a social club. They have a room for 2500 members to sit down and have a drink or a bite to eat before and after the match.

I can not believe they didn't build a social eatery within Adelaide Oval for the average joe to sit down and have a bite to eat. IMO - I would lover to say this is a massive oversight but knowing the SACA and the SANFL - it would not have been as thry don't give 2 shits about the run of the mill fan who goes, they only care about the corporate type who pay mega bucks to join thast boys club.
Wasn't one of our conditions of moving to AO, that we have a venue similar to the old Crows Shed? For supporter gatherings after matches?

Wasn't one of our conditions of moving to AO, that we have a venue similar to the old Crows Shed? For supporter gatherings after matches?

They did build a thing out the back but it failed. I never went but judst heard it was bad. Now they use the Magerary room.

There are a handful of pubs nearby...

Yeah initial plans I think was to put an indoor tennis centre on memorial drive and use that I reckon, either that or it may have been in the indoor cricket area between that and the stand. It was to be able to be branded Crows/Port each week. Either way that got pushed out due to budget and as mentioned its the maguey room they now use.

right across the road mate! and yes, she's pretty big. This is the view walking out of the supermarket where the escalators are:

Gc3a7uc.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back