Crows Supporters Group

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to say if someone asked me that if I was leaving early my response would be:
from opposition supporter - ignore them, as you deserve a bit of stick for leaving early
from crows supporter - they would get a mouthful as who made them the custodian of when I can and can't go - it's just rude.

I can see your point, however, Crows fans are infamous for leaving when the going gets tough, and it looks embarrassing for us all.

I
I can see your point, however, Crows fans are infamous for leaving when the going gets tough, and it looks embarrassing for us all.
i don't really get why. Maybe because the supporters with an inferiority complex from the other SA team point it out when we do it more than would usually happen?

All teams do it.

Even when we are winning the last 5 mins you can see a steady stream leaving in front of the western stand so it's not just a scoreboard thing. The stadium design over there obviously makes it more noticable than people slipping out the back.

I don't like it personally and never even consider it but I think it's a perception that has been magnifying the issue when it's not a crows thing but human nature

This happens in every sport all over the world.

Just look at the NBA finals - the Miami heat fans left early when it became apparent that the SAS would win.

The power fans leave early see the dream final in 2006.

It happens to all sporting clubs, all over the world.

I find our continual losing more embarrassing personally.

This happens in every sport all over the world.

Just look at the NBA finals - the Miami heat fans left early when it became apparent that the SAS would win.

The power fans leave early see the dream final in 2006.

It happens to all sporting clubs, all over the world.

The NBA is probably the worst of all. It's not just a pocket of supporters, it's probably close to 60% of the fans out of the stadium by the final siren/whistle.

Think it's time for the pride to call it a day, there wouldn't have been 100 people at the rotunda at 2:15 ready to do the March.

Think it's time for the pride to call it a day, there wouldn't have been 100 people at the rotunda at 2:15 ready to do the March.
I disagree. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'd estimate 100-150 people at the march, and we certainly made a lot of noise. I've attended every march thus far, and each one has grown in numbers and has gotten louder. The more resilience we (they) show the better. The Pride can't just roll over and die after half a season. :)

Nope, absolutely have to keep it going. But it absolutely needs to be a separate entity to the CSG in my opinion.
Agreed. The CSG has supported the march, and some have even marched with us. However, the actual game day cheer squads are separate. I sat with the CSG last week, and they were loud. I stood with The Pride tonight, they were also loud. I think having two loud and successful separate cheer squads can only be good for us.

I would love to see more people from here to embrace what The Pride are doing. :)

Agreed. The CSG has supported the march, and some have even marched with us. However, the actual game day cheer squads are separate. I sat with the CSG last week, and they were loud. I stood with The Pride tonight, they were also loud. I think having two loud and successful separate cheer squads can only be good for us.

I would love to see more people from here to embrace what The Pride are doing. :)
It's so awesomely loud once we hit that train station!
We (The Pride) were walking around to the Magarey Room after the game, chanting and singing and it was so good, we got huge cheers walking past the McIntosh bar. Good times!

It's so awesomely loud once we hit that train station!
We (The Pride) were walking around to the Magarey Room after the game, chanting and singing and it was so good, we got huge cheers walking past the McIntosh bar. Good times!
Well done. I am very impressed with the group. I am looking to ramp up my involvement with the group. It certainly has a lot of potential.

Absolute rubbish EVERY team does, just becauseit was highlighted by DerrWayne don't fall for it.

Have to admit one of the best highlights tonight was our section giving it to a couple of Port ferals (the only difference between these...er...um...I guess they were ladies and a pit bull was lipstick) as they left at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter.

Just proves the point all supporters do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the difference between The pride and the CSG? Why don't they just unite to create one massive group.

I think it's great that we have a cheer squad-like presence at both ends of the ground now. It would be nice to have something similar in the Western Stand. At AAMI, there were a couple of guys down the front who would get the Adelaide chant going, but I've seen nothing like that at Adelaide Oval. I can't believe how quiet it is in my section of the Sir Edwin Smith stand. :(

So are both supported by the AFC Jen? Which is bigger/louder?
The AFC is definitely supporting both. I couldn't tell you which is louder or bigger. I think the move to Adelaide oval might well have reinvigorated the entire crowd. Never heard them sound like they do now at footy park.

I

i don't really get why. Maybe because the supporters with an inferiority complex from the other SA team point it out when we do it more than would usually happen?

All teams do it.

Even when we are winning the last 5 mins you can see a steady stream leaving in front of the western stand so it's not just a scoreboard thing. The stadium design over there obviously makes it more noticable than people slipping out the back.

I don't like it personally and never even consider it but I think it's a perception that has been magnifying the issue when it's not a crows thing but human nature

I have seen every teams supporters leave 5 minutes before the end of the match. I have attended Port games where plenty of Port supporters have left early. Its a massive con by Port supporters.

The AFC is definitely supporting both. I couldn't tell you which is louder or bigger. I think the move to Adelaide oval might well have reinvigorated the entire crowd. Never heard them sound like they do now at footy park.

I'm not particularly aware of any AFC 'support' for the Pride. Perhaps in a loose sense, as in they appreciate it's existence?

I have seen every teams supporters leave 5 minutes before the end of the match. I have attended Port games where plenty of Port supporters have left early. Its a massive con by Port supporters.

Plenty of Port supporters did it yesterday.

Plenty of Port supporters did it yesterday.

Yep, we had a large bunch of Porties standing up the back in the lower section of the Southern Stand and they were gone 20 mins into the last. All supporters do it for all sorts of reasons, the main one I think is being early for the train or bus--especially if your team is getting done like the proverbial dinner.
The Portles up the back of us tried to start chants in the 1st q. I rallied the people around me to drown them out and we did this successfully throughout the match. Fun!

Joined in with a group of supporters (of both teams) on the hill next to the Pride chanting "SPORT! SPORT! SPORT! SPORT!". There was a lot of fun had yesterday.

Joined in with a group of supporters (of both teams) on the hill next to the Pride chanting "SPORT! SPORT! SPORT! SPORT!". There was a lot of fun had yesterday.

I don't think anything will beat the 'Eddie Betts isn't worth 500 thousand' guy who went mysteriously quiet by game over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back