Opinion Crozier v sherro

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the expectation on our first round is unjustified, Crozier should of been pick16, Sherro pick 20. For some reason
we went early on him.
Chris 25 at the time had Sherro around thirty, a second rounder comparison puts him a different light.

Love Chris's work but apparently every afl club saw it differently.

Based on yesterday's efforts and the fact that I just saw Sherro riding a fixie down south terrace whilst talking on his phone and not wearing a helmut, I'm giving the honours to Crozier.
Stupid. If he fell off that could easily be the end of his footy career or worse.

Albeit safer than a geared bike, when the chain slips off it can be pretty average

As a bit of a bike nerd, I'm not so sure about that.

Fixed gear bikes are pretty notorious for being dangerous. Most fixies typically don't come with brakes and if they do they are almost always front wheel only, seen a couple of people flip over their handles not realising this. I've also seen the free-wheel style cause serious over-gearing and pretty strong guys bugger their knees up from constantly spinning above their threshold.

Mainly, they kinda of attract image-obsessed knobs who don't know how to ride, so that could also account for the number of accidents :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss off. Sheridan is 4 classes above menegola. I think he will turn out to be a great inside/outside mid. He will probably never do the things crozier. Hopefully he can be a Barlow 2.0.
Sheridan isn't really a lot like Barlow though in that his biggest problem is getting involved in the game enough while Barlow regularly gets leather poisoning.
Sheridan is a good endurance runner with neat skills but he doesn't have any weapons. He doesn't take overheard contested marks, he's not a ball magnet like Neale, his kicking is neat without being damaging like Hill or Mundy, he doesn't have burst pace like Dan Pearce and he's not a wrecking ball like DeBoer or Clancee.

Crozier has had trouble getting involved enough to be more than a cameo player to this point but its always been obvious that he has some tricks up his sleeve being strong overhead, having a raking left boot with the ability to kick long goals and he showed last year he doesn't mind the hard stuff. Its always been possible to see that Crozier might turn out something special once he built up his tank and put some size on.

I never seen much from Sheridan to make me think, yeah this kid will make it as more than a capable depth AFL player.

He is obviously well regarded around the club and perhaps his time will come. He's shown at WAFL level that he can consistently rack up 30 odd touches in the midfield and if he could do this in the higher level then he will be a handy player. We've seen the likes of Sutcliffe and Neale and now Crozier go past him though and I already have Blakely and Weller as better prospects.

I hope to be proved wrong.

Sheridan isn't really a lot like Barlow though in that his biggest problem is getting involved in the game enough while Barlow regularly gets leather poisoning.
Sheridan is a good endurance runner with neat skills but he doesn't have any weapons. He doesn't take overheard contested marks, he's not a ball magnet like Neale, his kicking is neat without being damaging like Hill or Mundy, he doesn't have burst pace like Dan Pearce and he's not a wrecking ball like DeBoer or Clancee.

Crozier has had trouble getting involved enough to be more than a cameo player to this point but its always been obvious that he has some tricks up his sleeve being strong overhead, having a raking left boot with the ability to kick long goals and he showed last year he doesn't mind the hard stuff. Its always been possible to see that Crozier might turn out something special once he built up his tank and put some size on.

I never seen much from Sheridan to make me think, yeah this kid will make it as more than a capable depth AFL player.

He is obviously well regarded around the club and perhaps his time will come. He's shown at WAFL level that he can consistently rack up 30 odd touches in the midfield and if he could do this in the higher level then he will be a handy player. We've seen the likes of Sutcliffe and Neale and now Crozier go past him though and I already have Blakely and Weller as better prospects.

I hope to be proved wrong.

I agree that he needs to get involved more, but has done this at the wafl as you mentioned.

I was talking about his lack of a true weapon, and Barlow doesn't have a big weapon either but he can still be a very effective player.

He needs to work on his strength, but eventually I see him as an inside mid.

I agree that he needs to get involved more, but has done this at the wafl as you mentioned.

I was talking about his lack of a true weapon, and Barlow doesn't have a big weapon either but he can still be a very effective player.

He needs to work on his strength, but eventually I see him as an inside mid.
Barlow has a big strong body, an uncanny knack of getting his hands on the ball and the ability to get his arms free in congestion and get a handball away. He's also good at finding space inside 50 to receive and hit the scoreboard. Barlow is just a smart footballer who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty inside and is built to take the knocks.
Sheridan is still very lightly framed and hasn't shown any particular appetite for getting the hard ball.
But time is on his side. He's a late bloomer. What remains to be seen is how far he can blossom in the elite system.

I think Sheridan should be looking at Mzungu and modelling his game on that.

He has the tank, the reliable use without risk of being tagged. I want to see him working into every free space on the ground to offer a marking option and then, so that we maintain possession, moving the ball on with a good kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back