Opinion Culture Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF happened to the 2 or 3 strike policy? No one has the right to ban 8 players and ruin a club for 1 alleged misdemeanour...!
The players will deny K.Hunts accusations. Yes they were all there whilst he did and took whatever. His statement doesn't include that he witnessed one particular player take anything. Im not naive to think it may not have happened but the players will deny it, their tests will be negative and K.Hunt can ruin his next club. There will be no bans unless a player puts his hand up. Like Eade in his presser, you have to question the timing of the release (100th game).

Realistically.. Its only Matera Broughton Harbrow Dixon and Martin.

Clanger kings..-harbrow Matera
NEAFL - Broughton
Injury prone - Dixon and Martin

We'll be fine.. They'll get what they deserve.
And I liked Harbrow.... (and Hunt). I can pick em.....:rolleyes:

I find it ridiculous that senior players, coaching staff and board had no idea that this sort of behaviour was taking place. Somebody must have known or heard something and not to act on it is a failure by the club as much as the players involved.
Board meeting is a pass the crack pipe session perhaps

What behaviour?
You mean recreational drug use in the off-season?
Mate...I'll betchya more Brisbane Lions players are on the blow than Suns players
I personally know of a couple of prominent ex Bears / Lions who liked to smoke the herb, one of them amongst my favorite all-time players. That said I also like the odd choof so who am I to judge. I do not like to sniff the coke though. K I am disappoint.

My 2 opinions

I do not doubt that there are multiple SUNS who have been part of this.

I do not doubt that almost every club would have celebrations along the same path every mad monday.
In hindsight, we met a BL player in the street on the GC at last years draft. He actually stopped us as one of our kids was wearing a BL Guernsey. He was really talkative and bopping along, having a great ol time. I thought he was just a lovely young bloke who cared about his fans..... but like I said, in hindsight, he may have had a little chemical help in being so 'alive'..?

In hindsight, we met a BL player in the street on the GC at last years draft. He actually stopped us as one of our kids was wearing a BL Guernsey. He was really talkative and bopping along, having a great ol time. I thought he was just a lovely young bloke who cared about his fans..... but like I said, in hindsight, he may have had a little chemical help in being so 'alive'..?

One of your kids had a Brisbane Lions jumper on? That's an instant 6month ban for you!

And if I find out was Mr 38 - I'll have words with him too!

One of your kids had a Brisbane Lions jumper on? That's an instant 6month ban for you!

And if I find out was Mr 38 - I'll have words with him too!
No. The son of another parent we were with. How dare you think we would commit such treason!!!

No. The son of another parent we were with. How dare you think we would commit such treason!!!

I was going to say - I thought you were a decnet guy, but for a brief moment I questioned my judgement haha! All is well now!

FORMER Gold Coast Suns players have reportedly described a worrying divide in the current playing group between those who go out drinking and a so-called “God squad”.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/go...rs-and-god-squad/story-fndv7pj3-1227419578277

Triple M radio host Chris Dittmar said he spoke to former players from the club on the weekend after the full extent of former player Karmichael Hunt’s cocaine use was revealed by News Ltd.

“All is not well at that football club — in a big way,” said Dittmar, on the Roo and Ditts For Breakfast show on Monday morning.

“They’ve got a major issue at their club. There are two sets of players basically. (It’s divided) right down the middle and they don’t see eye to eye at all.

“One group is out on the turps and the other group are in bloody bible class. There’s a God squad on one half of the changerooms, they go to bible readings and sit and talk about God. And the other half are at the pub. It’s true.”

Dittmar’s co-host, former Adelaide Crows player Mark Ricciuto, laughed at the revelation. “Honestly they are playing like there’s something like that going on at that footy club,” he said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hope you guys don't mind me posting in here.

I have often felt that the AFL drugs policy is flawed for a few reasons - namely the self report function.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding of the self report is that a player can confidentially ring and advise the afl they have used and due to it being self reported they are sparred being tested / striked.

It is also my understanding that the club isn't notified of any self reports or strikes until the second strike is recorded.

Probably drawing a long bow - but its very possible the players could all have rung the afl the day after and self reported and the club would have no idea.

there is obviously insufficient evidence to prosecute as earlier pointed out the police have had this info for some time.

Personally I still cant understand how K was even charged and found guilty - I thought "possession" meant you needed to physically be caught with something on you.

FORMER Gold Coast Suns players have reportedly described a worrying divide in the current playing group between those who go out drinking and a so-called “God squad”.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/go...rs-and-god-squad/story-fndv7pj3-1227419578277

Triple M radio host Chris Dittmar said he spoke to former players from the club on the weekend after the full extent of former player Karmichael Hunt’s cocaine use was revealed by News Ltd.

“All is not well at that football club — in a big way,” said Dittmar, on the Roo and Ditts For Breakfast show on Monday morning.

“They’ve got a major issue at their club. There are two sets of players basically. (It’s divided) right down the middle and they don’t see eye to eye at all.

“One group is out on the turps and the other group are in bloody bible class. There’s a God squad on one half of the changerooms, they go to bible readings and sit and talk about God. And the other half are at the pub. It’s true.”

Dittmar’s co-host, former Adelaide Crows player Mark Ricciuto, laughed at the revelation. “Honestly they are playing like there’s something like that going on at that footy club,” he said.

Is it fair to say we have hit rock bottom.

More media speculation. This time an ex player apparently. The media have some ripper sources at the moment.

Campbell Brown anyone?:rolleyes:
Who would have no idea about whats been going on at the Club this year and never misses the chance to stick his boot into us

hope you guys don't mind me posting in here.

I have often felt that the AFL drugs policy is flawed for a few reasons - namely the self report function.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding of the self report is that a player can confidentially ring and advise the afl they have used and due to it being self reported they are sparred being tested / striked.

It is also my understanding that the club isn't notified of any self reports or strikes until the second strike is recorded.

Probably drawing a long bow - but its very possible the players could all have rung the afl the day after and self reported and the club would have no idea.

there is obviously insufficient evidence to prosecute as earlier pointed out the police have had this info for some time.

Personally I still cant understand how K was even charged and found guilty - I thought "possession" meant you needed to physically be caught with something on you.
He was charged initially with supply. I assume it was a plea deal to a lesser charge of possess.

Ex player could be someone like Marc Lock even. Or Rex Liddy. In otherwords: no-bodies.

All of this 'drug culture' stuff that happened in the off-season. Eugh

The Melbourne Media wouldn't even know who Liddy or Lock are
This has the stench of Brown all over it
When they say players, they mean a player speaking for other players
This is acceptable in journalism for multiple sources
ie "a former player says other players have told him...." becomes "multiple sources"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back