Toast Cunners - A great read

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Awesome piece.

What a great read. You get a special affection for players like Cunners. Clearly he has strong values that most young men in the AFL don't hold close these days. You just know he will play out his career here and will never will have half a thought of straying from Arden St and the blue and white jumper.

P.S Up yours Paul Roos.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Met him once at a function. Just a quiet, likable county kid and now obviously a competitive beast and dedicated AFL footballer.

They breed 'em tough down there and theres none tougher then our number 10. I'm delighted for us that he has started showing what he is capable of consistently but probably even more delighted for him.

Aug 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It is easy to forget that this is the same player singled out for stinging criticism — most notably by now Melbourne coach Paul Roos — during his first two injury-interrupted years at Arden St. Too slow, too unfit and not worthy of being taken with the No. 5 pick, they said.

Great read but what a moron........ Roos was talking about Jack that day and not Ben... Get up to speed would you !!!

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love it when we get the big, two page stories in the HS. :thumbsu:

It is easy to forget that this is the same player singled out for stinging criticism — most notably by now Melbourne coach Paul Roos — during his first two injury-interrupted years at Arden St. Too slow, too unfit and not worthy of being taken with the No. 5 pick, they said.

Great read but what a moron........ Roos was talking about Jack that day and not Ben... Get up to speed would you !!!

Was talking about both wasn't he?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'd love if Roosy would get miked up for Rnd 14....................

"Who the * is on Cunnington?!?!?!............................."

Nov 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Minnesota Timberwolves
i hope Cunners tears the dees a new one twice this year.. stuff paul roos

Playing Melbourne twice in a season...

DER1YDT.jpg

Jun 25, 2008
Shisha bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seeing Ben in the contest is like seeing a duck in water. He loves it.
One thing he said when drafted that stuck out most in my mind was that he enjoyed the feeling of bodies hitting him, and that he was something he always looked for during a game.

Seeing Ben in the contest is like seeing a duck in water. He loves it.
One thing he said when drafted that stuck out most in my mind was that he enjoyed the feeling of bodies hitting him, and that he was something he always looked for during a game.
NTTAWWT

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
benten,shouldve kicked 15 that day at camperdown,brett taylor goal hogged for awhile.
ben also played as a midfeilder later on that year and had the pill on a string.
actually embarrassed some top class locals with his footwork and skill.
at the age of 10,he wanted to be a footballer and he and gary rohan would try to emulate any exercise they saw on telly that afl players were doing.
kid never swore,never was rude to anybody,and was always respectful to everybody.
as i posted before,this kid was a born leader.
if your club was nice they would trade him to us.
ive got many benten stories to tell,shall relate them over the year to you northeners.

The Swans took Gary Rohan with the very next pick. I know he had that horrible injury, but all he has shown is he can run fast in a straight line. And then they took Lewis Jetta.
I laughed myself stupid when Jon Ralph claimed in that stupid HS Footy 14 magazine that he'd be a must-have SC player.

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
The Swans took Gary Rohan with the very next pick. I know he had that horrible injury, .
gary was probably the most gifted change direction player we have seen in these parts.
but that injury has been the curse of every player its connected with.
unfortunately it has taken away his greatest asset.

Back