List Mgmt. Current Contract Lengths

Remove this Banner Ad

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Pearce is a rookie-listed player, we have to clear 3 off the senior list.

4-5 players will move on as in most years, it's just hard to pinpoint who that will be at this point.

farstrider

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Prudden ??? with the potential he has showed and his injury history not sure why you think he is under the gun

The club was happy to give Pearce another go and Prudden is a mile ahead of him.

Fuller and Pearce would be the two for me and Moyd likely to retire.
Pearce is a rookie though, we need to lose three off the main list.

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Pearce is a rookie though, we need to lose three off the main list.
Fuller, Grant (maybe), Campbell (maybe~also 2016), Prudden (maybe), Cordy (maybe), Roberts (maybe), Stevens (maybe~also 2016), Darley (maybe), Picken (maybe). Guys like Boyd and Morris may also be coming to their careers end. Look, I don't think these are players who I want to see leave. They are just the most likely to be on the chopping block though I would think. Some of them will only need to play a handful of games this year to be kept, others may need to play more.

farstrider

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fuller, Grant (maybe), Campbell (maybe~also 2016), Prudden (maybe), Cordy (maybe), Roberts (maybe), Stevens (maybe~also 2016), Darley (maybe), Picken (maybe). Guys like Boyd and Morris may also be coming to their careers end. Look, I don't think these are players who I want to see leave. They are just the most likely to be on the chopping block though I would think. Some of them will only need to play a handful of games this year to be kept, others may need to play more.
Out of those I'd say Fuller and Prudden are the furthest behind. Surely Picken's safe, and there's too hope for Campbell taking over for Minson to give up on him this early. Grant's got to put in a good one to stay. Does anyone know if we actually have to delist three, or just make room anyway we can for three new recruits? For example, if it's the latter, we could trade someone for a draft pick and then only delist two others (and still draft the minimum three).

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I'm sure our delistings will look much clearer by the end of the year. We're still a bottom four side. It's easy to be optimistic now but I'll be pretty surprised if we struggle to find three players to delist. Hell, I'll be surprised if we can only name three.

For mine, all of Fuller, Grant, Roberts, Biggs, Prudden, Hamling, Darley, Cordy, Jong and Redpath are guys that could potentially find themselves on the outer if things don't go their way. With the likes of Grant, Hamling, Cordy, Jong and Redpath we need to realise that pre-season form is not always a true reflection; these guys are all at the point now where we need to be getting something out of them and if they're unable to deliver over the course of the real season they could find themselves in strife. Fuller, Roberts, Biggs, Darley and Prudden are all in the same boat as well but without the pre-season form behind them. A couple of retirements are also plausible.

It probably looks difficult because we're past the point of delisting guys that are clearly not up to it and over the past few years our delistings have been to trim the average footballers off our list. It's less about that now. There are very few Mulligans, Howards or Skinners on our list; it's about keeping those that we have the most confidence in and casting off the guys that we aren't sure about, even if they do have some ability.

It's still early but I personally believe we'll be saying goodbye to 3-5 of Grant, Darley, Boyd, Fuller and Prudden at the end of the year, plus up to three off the rookie list.

I'm sure our delistings will look much clearer by the end of the year. We're still a bottom four side. It's easy to be optimistic now but I'll be pretty surprised if we struggle to find three players to delist. Hell, I'll be surprised if we can only name three.

For mine, all of Fuller, Grant, Roberts, Biggs, Prudden, Hamling, Darley, Cordy, Jong and Redpath are guys that could potentially find themselves on the outer if things don't go their way. With the likes of Grant, Hamling, Cordy, Jong and Redpath we need to realise that pre-season form is not always a true reflection; these guys are all at the point now where we need to be getting something out of them and if they're unable to deliver over the course of the real season they could find themselves in strife. Fuller, Roberts, Biggs, Darley and Prudden are all in the same boat as well but without the pre-season form behind them. A couple of retirements are also plausible.

It probably looks difficult because we're past the point of delisting guys that are clearly not up to it and over the past few years our delistings have been to trim the average footballers off our list. It's less about that now. There are very few Mulligans, Howards or Skinners on our list; it's about keeping those that we have the most confidence in and casting off the guys that we aren't sure about, even if they do have some ability.

It's still early but I personally believe we'll be saying goodbye to 3-5 of Grant, Darley, Boyd, Fuller and Prudden at the end of the year, plus up to three off the rookie list.
Just to add to this, both Grant and Easton Wood are free agents, and if they both have a great season would no doubt be offered some good deals from other clubs. We may even lose two players that we really don't want to lose.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Just to add to this, both Grant and Easton Wood are free agents, and if they both have a great season would no doubt be offered some good deals from other clubs. We may even lose two players that we really don't want to lose.
I prefer to live under my glorious rock where everybody wants to play for the Bulldogs at this time of year. :D

I prefer to live under my glorious rock where everybody wants to play for the Bulldogs at this time of year. :D
As do i, and i prefer to believe that both Grant and Wood will stay Bulldogs, just don't trust those nasty pies and bluebaggers. And Essendon

paulveed

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2010
traf e
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
liverpool

I would hope we have Wood re-signed before the halfway mark of the season.

Grant... a season like his past efforts, and he is in the same basket as Fuller, almost certainly gone. A great season, and he might land a
one year extension.
Anything in between, and he might have some value as trade bait, otherwise just help him find somewhere that his undoubted ' potential' might draw some interest.
I think Matt Boyd will likely retire, unless he has a real good year, and still feels he is needed, IE : the kids have failed to step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a few we need to lock away. Liberatore out of contract in 2016. Want him on a long term deal!
Libba will re-sign as soon as he can
no way he will leave the club

Kelvin31

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does anybody on here know when Callan Ward is contracted until at GWS?
Having a bet with a mate that he will come back to Vic. before he finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Does anybody on here know when Callan Ward is contracted until at GWS?
Having a bet with a mate that he will come back to Vic. before he finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
End of next year.

Would laugh if he bailed on them after milking millions out of them during the down years.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
He earned every penny!

If anything he was underpaid for the performance he has given that club!
I agree wholeheartedly. He's been brilliant.

But when they threw wads of cash at him, they were thinking they'd have him for life. I hope it's not the case.

Back