List Mgmt. Current Contract Lengths

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking at the D&T thread on the Melbourne board and some joker posted this:

Hear that Tom Liberatore is very disappointed what he is being offered at Dogs and also has had no interest from other clubs. Surely would be worth a look. Not as set in Dogs as people think.

Now I don't want to read anything into this... but rumours like this make me really uneasy.

I doubt it's true but it is taking a long time to get done so I agree it does worry me, surely we would be offering him a massive contract anyway, kids an absolute freak. Surely he won't leave? Surely? Please? Just offer him 5 years at whatever price he wants and be done with it thanks

Just looking at the D&T thread on the Melbourne board and some joker posted this:

Now I don't want to read anything into this... but rumours like this make me really uneasy.

There's no way he wouldn't have had offers from rival clubs, so it's just flat out wrong.

There's no way he wouldn't have had offers from rival clubs, so it's just flat out wrong.

You'd think so. You'd think that our list isn't being managed by a pack of bozos and sees the value of probably the best clearance player in the comp - in only his third year to boot. Stranger things have happened though.

Hopefully our List Management staff can see though that if any of our current crop of kids live up to their hype/potential or even exceed (such is Tom's case) then the cap space we have at the moment won't last long and will have to be juggled very carefully if we don't want to lose any of them.

Hoping for a Geelong scenario where players are willing to stay together for a chance at success with each other and take a salary cut in sacrifice for the team thing.

Man this is going to stress me out until he re-signs, what would be the point of an Adelaide supporter making that up on the demons board, I guess the dees would give just about anything for a kid like Libba so it is pretty funny to give them some false hope :p

I highly doubt our list management is incompetent enough to not do just about anything to sign him up so I doubt its true, but still its going to worry me until its cleared up :(

Man this is going to stress me out until he re-signs, what would be the point of an Adelaide supporter making that up on the demons board, I guess the dees would give just about anything for a kid like Libba so it is pretty funny to give them some false hope :p

I highly doubt our list management is incompetent enough to not do just about anything to sign him up so I doubt its true, but still its going to worry me until its cleared up :(

Sorry to incite the worry into you, doggies. I'm in the same boat. I'm sure it's just a false rumour but stressful nonetheless :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awwwww yesss! Only 3 years? Pfttt should have given him 5!

But nah that's awesome news, also liked the bit where Mac said he wouldn't mind if we just hit the draft for a key forward!

Awwwww yesss! Only 3 years? Pfttt should have given him 5!

But nah that's awesome news, also liked the bit where [J]Mac said he wouldn't mind if we just hit the draft for a key forward!
This worries me slightly. It implies we may "reach" for a KPF with our first pick (probably #4 or #5). If that KPF prospect's true worth is only about 15-20 I will be disappointed that we have missed the chance to snare an elite midfielder or defender.

Obviously if we can work a deal to get Tom Boyd none of this applies as he is clearly the most outstanding prospect of the coming draft. However I wouldn't rate us more than a 10-20% chance to get him.

It makes the trade period crucial for our list development as it could profoundly affect our recruiting in two ways.

This worries me slightly. It implies we may "reach" for a KPF with our first pick (probably #4 or #5). If that KPF prospect's true worth is only about 15-20 I will be disappointed that we have missed the chance to snare an elite midfielder or defender.

Obviously if we can work a deal to get Tom Boyd none of this applies as he is clearly the most outstanding prospect of the coming draft. However I wouldn't rate us more than a 10-20% chance to get him.

It makes the trade period crucial for our list development as it could profoundly affect our recruiting in two ways.
True but I'd think he would be referring to our 2nd rounder, there really isn't any kpfs rated in the 5-15 range so it would be a massive reach and would be very very stupid, he has said for a while we want more class and speed too so I think that's still the way we will go with our first.

True but I'd think he would be referring to our 2nd rounder, there really isn't any kpfs rated in the 5-15 range so it would be a massive reach and would be very very stupid, he has said for a while we want more class and speed too so I think that's still the way we will go with our first.

Think we have learned our lesson after Christian Howard.

Hoping we sign on a few of our younger players for extended contracts next year, whether their contracts are expiring at the end of the season or not.

Don't want opposition clubs sniffing around our list, Melbourne in particular
:footy:

Am I right in saying that all these are out of contract next year?? Or hasn't it been updated.
It seems a lot. But we'll be right who doesn't want to win back-back premierships. ;)

Robert Murphy (2014)
Matthew Boyd (2014)
Shaun Higgins (2014)
Easton Wood (2014)
Tom Williams (2014)
Clay Smith (2014)
Will Minson (2014)
Tory Dickson (2014)
Dale Morris (2014)
Koby Stevens (2014)
Tom Young (2014)
Lachlan Hunter (2014)
Jake Stringer (2014)
Jackson Macrae (2014)
Nathan Hrovat (2014)
Lachlan Hunter (2014)
Josh Prudden (2014)
Nick Lower (2014)
Tom Campbell (2014)
Jason Johannisen (2014)

Am I right in saying that all these are out of contract next year?? Or hasn't it been updated.
It seems a lot. But we'll be right who doesn't want to win back-back premierships. ;)

Robert Murphy (2014)
Matthew Boyd (2014)
Shaun Higgins (2014)
Easton Wood (2014)
Tom Williams (2014)
Clay Smith (2014)
Will Minson (2014)
Tory Dickson (2014)
Dale Morris (2014)
Koby Stevens (2014)
Tom Young (2014)
Lachlan Hunter (2014)
Jake Stringer (2014)
Jackson Macrae (2014)
Nathan Hrovat (2014)
Lachlan Hunter (2014)
Josh Prudden (2014)
Nick Lower (2014)
Tom Campbell (2014)
Jason Johannisen (2014)

You watch the dam wall's will break and they all will Re-Sign, Exciting times ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back