List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

It was mentioned on the Today show (High class journalism) this morning that Ablett has agreed terms (around $1M a year) to stay at the Suns to the end of 2017

Also on the Fox Footy website. Again, high class journalism.

I think this is true though. Apparently for just under $1m a year. So I think $900,000 would be a decent guess. Love ya Gaz.

How long do you think he will be captain for? One more season? Or until he holds up the cup?

You would think so. Til the end of 2015 gives him a chance to be a premiership captain still ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our players like Lynch, Swallow and Prestia will have to hit 100 games first. Otherwise they'd just be too young to take the role with any sort of effectiveness.

Callan Ward and Phil Davis might disagree with you. They have both done a stellar job leading by example at the Giants for the last 3 years with limited experience. Character goes a long way.

Callan Ward and Phil Davis might disagree with you. They have both done a stellar job leading by example at the Giants for the last 3 years with limited experience. Character goes a long way.
Trent Cotchin, Marc Murphy, Jack Trengove and Jack Grimes all went the other way though.

Cal Ward is a good Captain. Davis is a good one now, but he should not have been made co-Captain at only 20 games old.

Bock may get an extension after all!

In a show of faith for the All Australian defender, McKenna feels Bock has plenty left to offer at the elite level.

“I know it’s only training but he has slayed them a couple of times,” McKenna said.

“He has come off one training session a week and come out and blitzed the boys pre-season and in season.

“What you see is very good and we’ve missed it dearly.

Going to play devils advocate here.

Imagine if as they say, Bock has this shin problem which is fixed in the next month and he is back playing football before the end of the year. We make the finals and go in with key defenders of Nathan Bock, Steven May and Rory Thompson...

I am pissing in the wind but that is no shabby defence. Not too mention the flow on effect of freeing up McKenzie to play the loose role Kolodjashnij is currently playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back