List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Leslie will develop nicely, but I'm not confident about Lonergan either. I'll probably get my head bitten off, but I rate Leslie 100 times more than I rate Schade.

Leslie is contracted for 2016 as he was offered a one year extension on his original 2 year standard contract as a 2013 draftee.

At this stage I think he has potential and has similar traits to Rory Thompson.

Why do people rate Boston. I don't see it. The fella has good technique with his kick, but lacks focus and concentration ala Mckenzie. He either nails it or it's a horrible uncontested shank because they were too casual and didnt take care of it. Not to mention he hasn't exactly got size or speed on his side.

I don't see Boston in our top 25 players, just my opinion
He seems to have been around for ages yet has only played 13 games. Jury is still out on him. Played well against Freo but was disappointing the past 2 weeks. He needs to find some consistency and improve his disposal though or he'll struggle to get a game when the quality return.

He seems to have been around for ages yet has only played 13 games. Jury is still out on him. Played well against Freo but was disappointing the past 2 weeks. He needs to find some consistency and improve his disposal though or he'll struggle to get a game when the quality return.
He debuted 2013 then didn't he shatter his ankle at the start of 2014? And had too many burgers at the start of this season.

With contract negotiations I'm starting to think you just have to pay the going rate for the player who's on the block at the time and worry about the others when they come up
I'm nervous about losing Charlie
I didn't want to be, but I am
You'd hope Charlie recognises the importance of Lynchy when he weighs everything up. Going to Brisbane and being their only key forward means double teaming constantly. Lynchy struggled on the weekend but still commanded serious attention and allowed Charlie to be one out and dominate.

Lonergan has also had hamstring issues which is not suprising when you look at the size of his thighs!
Haha yeah he's a solid kid, i think he could be a pretty good player if he can get toward that 50 games mark. Playing him in defense will make him a better midfielder in the long run as well.

I think Leslie will develop nicely, but I'm not confident about Lonergan either. I'll probably get my head bitten off, but I rate Leslie 100 times more than I rate Schade.

I also like Leslie, big guy, massive leap.

To keep Dicko assuming he wants to stay we need to

Clear out, Gorringe, Sumner, Brougton minimum (that has to be 400-500K)

If a decent deal for Harley, McKenzie, Day or Matera comes up then we would also have to look at that too.

The list below is copied from page 1 so I will assume it is correct.

At least an additional 2 players (Sumner-retired) must be delisted off the senior list as per AFL rules.

Some careers may be saved (who would otherwise be delisted) if players chase big money elsewhere or the club decide to trade contracted players for various reasons.

I would be interested to know who GCS BF fans consider "must be kept".

2 Zac Smith - 2015
3 Tim Sumner - 2015 (retired)
13.Andrew Boston - 2015
15 Daniel Gorringe - 2015
16 Rory Thompson - 2015
20 Henry Schade - 2015
23 Charlie Dixon - 2015
27 Clay Cameron - 2015
33 Aaron Hall - 2015
35 Michael Rischitelli - 2015
37 Jesse Lonergan - 2015
46 Josh Hall - 2015
48 Seb Tape - 2015

I'd be willing to give hall a 1 year extension if he can produce a few more games like he did last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're 2-11 and worried about salary cap space! There's something wrong if that's the case. Either Hawks are underpaid or we're paying on potential.

I believe that it is part of the AFL and ALFPA rules that you have to pay a certain amount >90% of the salary cap, so yes some players are getting over paid

Just curious to know what people would think about putting Gorringe back on our rookie list if he doesn't go elsewhere. I know we tried it earlier in the year, but I think rocket had a similar role to Blicavs in mind for Dan. He certainly has the athletic ability for this, just requires an improvement in his disposal and to read the game a bit better.

Just curious to know what people would think about putting Gorringe back on our rookie list if he doesn't go elsewhere. I know we tried it earlier in the year, but I think rocket had a similar role to Blicavs in mind for Dan. He certainly has the athletic ability for this, just requires an improvement in his disposal and to read the game a bit better.

Dan has run his race, he needs a change of scenery and the club needs to recognise he is not progressing, in fact I think his first year was his best

Dan has run his race, he needs a change of scenery and the club needs to recognise he is not progressing, in fact I think his first year was his best

Yep , someone will pick him up , was worth a 2nd rounder last year might be worth a 3rd rounder now.

Stevens reporting the Suns are trying to lock Prestia Lynch and O'Meara away for long term deals with clubs circling..
All have 1 year left on there contracts
Lynch has settled here with a GC girl , which will help us , Jaegar has come out publicly a few times and said how much he loves the Coast . Dion would be the only one of those 3 i'd be worried about.

Lynch has settled here with a GC girl , which will help us , Jaegar has come out publicly a few times and said how much he loves the Coast . Dion would be the only one of those 3 i'd be worried about.

Yep agree. If the Dion rumours are true, which does seem to be growing, do we bite the bullet and trade for a proven A Grade midfielder in the 25-27yo bracket to give us more experience and leadership?

Basically trade Dion for a player that he will become in 3 or 4 years?

Im going to be a prick and put it out there.
I say Gold Coast should
Cut Herbert and Ellis off the rookie list.
They are 2 years in and are nowhere near top 22 depth players..
Why not go find ourselfs another Saad or Glenn..
After seeing Touk this year..
You either have it or you dont..
Im thinking the latter with these 2 young guys

Edit- i think its 3years Max on a rookie list, so there either getting upgraded or delisted next year. Or we go early this year..

Thoughts..

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back