List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

i'd assume that when he says "everyone has signed" he means everyone they want at the club. so they'd have an idea who's already leaving.

having said that, i saw an article saying rischa was close to signing, so who knows.

Rocket said in his press conference that Dixon, Thompson, Hall and Smith are the only players not signed. Surely that's not right.

Have a look on page 1 and ask yourself out of the players out of contract this year 2015, who other than those Rocket mentioned would you want to resign?
Are Riska Lonergan Schade and Cameron locked?
If so that means Sumner Gorringe Tape J Hall are gone and have very little trade merit
Zac Smith is mentioned by Rocket because he has to be considered "wanted" to have weight at the trade table and we would not delist him if we didn't get the right price anyway- he's way better than that

i'd assume that when he says "everyone has signed" he means everyone they want at the club. so they'd have an idea who's already leaving.

having said that, i saw an article saying rischa was close to signing, so who knows.
I was really confusing because a journalist asked a few players name and he said they had signed. I think Gorringe is uncontracted surely he would have mentioned that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look on page 1 and ask yourself out of the players out of contract this year 2015, who other than those Rocket mentioned would you want to resign?
Are Riska Lonergan Schade and Cameron locked?
If so that means Sumner Gorringe Tape J Hall are gone and have very little trade merit
Zac Smith is mentioned by Rocket because he has to be considered "wanted" to have weight at the trade table and we would not delist him if we didn't get the right price anyway- he's way better than that
He didn't mention Lonergan but on the first page it said he is uncontracted for next year. Rocket also said Schade signed in the middle of the year but i never remember hearing about that.

This article says Rischitelli and Lonergan have both re-signed for two more years. I've updated the OP to show that Rischa and Lonergan are contracted until 2017. I expect the club to announce the re-signings today. The list of remaining players off contract this year:

2 Zac Smith - 2015
3 Tim Sumner - 2015
13 Andrew Boston - 2015
15 Daniel Gorringe - 2015
16 Rory Thompson - 2015
20 Henry Schade - 2015
23 Charlie Dixon - 2015
27 Clay Cameron - 2015

33 Aaron Hall - 2015
46 Josh Hall - 2015
48 Seb Tape - 2015

31 Keegan Brooksby - Rookie (First Rookie Year)
34 Josh Glenn - Rookie (First Rookie Year)
36 Greg Broughton - Rookie (First Rookie Year)
38 Tyrone Downie - Rookie (First Rookie Year)
39 Louis Herbert - Rookie (Second Rookie Year)
42 Adam Saad - Rookie (First Rookie Year)
43 Jarred Ellis - Rookie (Second Rookie Year)

Not sure about that. Rucks are in short supply & some club will want him. He's a lot better than what we're seeing.

Sure, but what would you'd get for him based on his performances this year and in this draft ?
Would we really want to take on a Port 3rd rounder for him?
It would be Tattslotto first division territory if whatever we got for Dan did anything more than clog our list for a couple of years
I hope I'm wrong about Dan, but we know his performances this year in no way match his talent and I guess the view from the grassy knoll would raise questions about whether a rival club has told him they'll find a place on their list for him in 2016 but that they won't trade for him
So I wonder how you'd go about engineering that if you were the player?
Maybe by running around the NEAFL a couple of metres off the play?
Us supporters are a cynical mob aren't we? ;)

Last edited:
This article says Rischitelli and Lonergan have both re-signed for two more years. I've updated the OP to show that Rischa and Lonergan are contracted until 2017. I expect the club to announce the re-signings today. The list of remaining players off contract this year:

2 Zac Smith - 2015
3 Tim Sumner - 2015
13 Andrew Boston - 2015
15 Daniel Gorringe - 2015
16 Rory Thompson - 2015
20 Henry Schade - 2015
23 Charlie Dixon - 2015
27 Clay Cameron - 2015

33 Aaron Hall - 2015
46 Josh Hall - 2015
48 Seb Tape - 2015

31 Keegan Brooksby - Rookie (First Rookie Year)
34 Josh Glenn - Rookie (First Rookie Year)
36 Greg Broughton - Rookie (First Rookie Year)
38 Tyrone Downie - Rookie (First Rookie Year)
39 Louis Herbert - Rookie (Second Rookie Year)
42 Adam Saad - Rookie (First Rookie Year)
43 Jarred Ellis - Rookie (Second Rookie Year)

Interesting rookie list Matchy
Will Glenn and Brooksby be re-rookied or upgraded?
Will Broughton Herbert and Ellis be de-listed?
We know Saady will get a contract either here or "there"
Either way there will be 5 new rookies I reckon for next year
I wonder if they'll rookie Seb Tape - I kind of hope not.
Time's up for Sebby unfortunately
Boston and J Hall Sumner and Seb Tape wouldn't attract attention anywhere else you wouldn't think
Zac Smith and Gorringe potentially would attract attention to a varying degree

Sure, but what would you'd get for him based on his performances this year and in this draft ?
Would we really want to take on a Port 3rd rounder for him?
It would be Tattslotto first division territory if whatever we got for Dan did anything more than clog our list for a couple of years
I hope I'm wrong about Dan, but we know his performances this year in no way match his talent and I guess the view from the grassy knoll would raise questions about whether a rival club has told him they'll find a place on their list for him in 2016 but that they won't trade for him
So I wonder how you'd go about engineering that if you were the player?
Maybe by running around the NEAFL a couple of metres off the play?
Us supporters are a cynical mob aren't we? ;)
He goes alright in the ruck only and that's his position. He's not a key forward, he's not a winger, midfielder or anything else they've tried. Clubs could view him as a project back up ruckman. With quite a few clubs light on, we might get a 3rd rounder to use to upgrade Brooksby, if the club wants him. I honestly think we'll be surprised at the interest. He can play a bit but his career was sabotaged by Hinkley's BS that was being whispered in his ear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back