List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gorringe to the Crows or nowhere at all
I don't expect the club to get much in return. A third rounder perhaps?

Also, the Tasmanian connection has worked out quite well for the Suns. Check it out:

2010 acquisitions
Luke Russell - Fringe player that adds depth.
Maverick Weller - Allegedly had a falling out with Coach McKenna in 2013.

2011 acquisitions
Jacob Gilbee - Delisted after three seasons. Didn't add much.

2012 acquisitions
Henry Schade - Took a few years to develop but now adds depth to the tall defender stocks which was an area screaming out for depth prior to this season.
Aaron Hall - Was cringe worthy at times for a few years but has developed into a quality midfielder this season.

2013 acquisitions
Jesse Lonergan - Has struggled with injuries at times but provides needed depth in the midfield.

2014 acquisitions
Kade Kolodjashnij - Important part of the backline. Arguably the best Tasmanian at the club and appears to be very durable.

2015 acquisitions
Rodney Eade - Appears to be cleaning up the mess left by McKenna. Too early to judge his impact on the club.

But to be fair this is going to happen every year from now on because we are starting to get a talented group together other teams want.
Yeah true but this year was stressful enough trying to keep Dixon, Hall and Smith. Next year will be another level. Although finals will make everyone stay.

I posted here a while ago that Clay Cameron would be re-signed for one year, so for what it's worth, confirm his contract to be until the end of the 2016 season as his re-signing has been more or less confirmed (likely accidentally) by the Suns media team.

I posted here a while ago that Clay Cameron would be re-signed for one year, so for what it's worth, confirm his contract to be until the end of the 2016 season as his re-signing has been more or less confirmed (likely accidentally) by the Suns media team.
Glad that he was too. Better value than Seb and Gorro. Nothing against Seb who'd dive under a truck for the team. Stoked about Hally. Especially what he said about the club - his club!! Just seems like a genuinely top bloke.

I reckon the club has given these fringe best 22 guys 1yr extensions to prove thier worth & if not there out the door, and thier salary go towards our A grade players out of contract next season.

We then pick up 4 or so kids in the draft on minimum $$$ to balance out the cap.

I also reckon the club will try to stock up on as many 1st & 2nd Rd draft picks for next years draft for this reason? Just s theory.

But as long as we have a ripper season next year, it will be so much easier to retain our A graders.

I just copied a paragraph of a article posted about Henry Schade on the GCS web page. I thought it would be helpful when updating the contract details

"Schade capped off his breakthrough season by recently announcing he had inked a new two-year deal, tying the Tasmanian backman to Metricon Stadium until the end of 2017."

Bennell removed from the OP. The club now has 35 senior listed players. Dixon, Gorringe and Smith still to be traded which will take the total of senior listed players to 32. Add a spot for Saad's upgrade and that takes the club to 33 senior players. That leaves five spots open for draftees and incoming senior players.

Bennell removed from the OP. The club now has 35 senior listed players. Dixon, Gorringe and Smith still to be traded which will take the total of senior listed players to 32. Add a spot for Saad's upgrade and that takes the club to 33 senior players. That leaves five spots open for draftees and incoming senior players.

I think Ashcroft said today Brooksby will be upgraded too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Ashcroft said today Brooksby will be upgraded too

That makes senior spots very tight then.

6 senior listed out

Bennell
Dixon
Gorringe
Sumner
J.Hall
Smith

Saad & Brooksby upgraded
2 x draft picks ideally?
Howe, Seedsman & Currie was the plan.

That's 7 senior spots.

So what's the club up to I wonder?

Trading out another player or maybe only taking 1 kid in the draft? Surely not?

6 senior listed out

Bennell
Dixon
Gorringe
Sumner
J.Hall
Smith

Saad & Brooksby upgraded
2 x draft picks ideally?

That's 7 senior spots.

Tipping McKenzie could be out - package up with a pick for a player upgrade

6 senior listed out

Bennell
Dixon
Gorringe
Sumner
J.Hall
Smith

Saad & Brooksby upgraded
2 x draft picks ideally?

That's 7 senior spots.

Could just rookie list someone? I did just say McKenzie but I dare say Carlton might take him before us if it it was in fact him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back