List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Although most signs are consistently pointing in one direction.

If he comes back this year and shows the ability he has always showed every time he has pulled on GC jumper then we should get a haul similar to what GWS got for Treloar (2016 & 2017 1st rd picks), even allowing for his knee as he has shown he is the better player.

You can almost guarantee that the Hawks will use the 2016-17 first round picks as a starting price if he doesn't sign. I think that Omera & Wines are at the top of the way list at the end of the season & why the Hawks pushed hard for future draft picks to be available to trade with their eye on these two Lads from the start. With the impressive talent list at GC, Omera would still be a pretty big loss but with 1 extra first rounder in the bank in a supposedly deep draft I would expect that you would do alright.
I would be looking to lock away Lynch & Prestia on long term contracts if it were me & hope that JOM might stay but plan to loose him in.

It's a good sign Prestias name hasn't come up about putting off talks..
He has always been linked back to Victoria, mostly the Melbourne FC but since we have there first pick 1 less team to worry about :D
Melbourne still have a future draft pick to trade. Also, they'll be expected to have a few second-third rounders so that would be great for your recruit of Bowes meanwhile still recruiting other great talent.

Melbourne still have a future draft pick to trade. Also, they'll be expected to have a few second-third rounders so that would be great for your recruit of Bowes meanwhile still recruiting other great talent.

mate.
no club is allowed to trade 2 first round picks away in consecutive years. ( I think )

and
we already have 4 second round picks for 2016. and 2 first round picks..
we have plenty of points for Bowes and Scheer.

Last edited:
mate.
no club is allowed to trade 2 first round picks away in consecutive years. ( I think )

and
we already have 4 second round picks for 2016. and 2 first round picks..
we have plenty of points for Bowes and Scheer.

NEXT?
I also thought that. The rule is that each club must have two first round draft picks in a four-year period, which I presume started in 2015. They used one last year (traded in another), so still allowed to trade a future pick.

You can almost guarantee that the Hawks will use the 2016-17 first round picks as a starting price if he doesn't sign. I think that Omera & Wines are at the top of the way list at the end of the season & why the Hawks pushed hard for future draft picks to be available to trade with their eye on these two Lads from the start. With the impressive talent list at GC, Omera would still be a pretty big loss but with 1 extra first rounder in the bank in a supposedly deep draft I would expect that you would do alright.
I would be looking to lock away Lynch & Prestia on long term contracts if it were me & hope that JOM might stay but plan to loose him in.

I hope you meant 2 first round picks.

Any Hawthorn premiership players that you think may figure in any potential deal? Breust and Gunston would be of interest to us.

We could even work Trent McKenzie into the deal as a sweetener.

I hope you meant 2 first round picks.

Any Hawthorn premiership players that you think may figure in any potential deal? Breust and Gunston would be of interest to us.

We could even work Trent McKenzie into the deal as a sweetener.
Yep the Hawks next 2 first rounders as a start.
As far as premiership players that would be a tough one! Obviously over the next 2 years there will be some massive losses to retirement that are out & out champions of Hawthorn so the experienced players are going to be expected to be retained.
As always there will be readymade players that have served their apprenticeship at Boxhill & are ready to contribute but aren't quite there until the retirements have come about. That leaves us with more Jed Anderson scenarios. He was supposed to be a future captain but couldn't wait any longer & I'm sure there will be players that put their hand up to move on at the end of the season. Who that might be is anyone's guess as there is a best 25 not a 22 at Hawthorn.
I would have thought that a Hooker or Talia type would be high on the GC wish list & keep banking draft picks to trade up or use on academy players

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i went to one of those bounce places once. my back was stuffed, couldn't walk for days hahah.

i don't think i'm cut out to be a professional footballer.

Daughter went to a friends birthday party @ Bounce Robina last November... The birthday girl ended up with a broken leg with the bone through the skin. Freak accident but was fookin horrendous to see!

Wife hasn't let us back since. But if the lads are doing some training there now, she might be persuaded...

Daughter went to a friends birthday party @ Bounce Robina last November... The birthday girl ended up with a broken leg with the bone through the skin. Freak accident but was fookin horrendous to see!

Wife hasn't let us back since. But if the lads are doing some training there now, she might be persuaded...
jeez! the idea of it sounds pretty flippin' cool (pun intended), but yeah there's definitely a bit of a safety risk. D:

How many Bounce places are there on the coast? I've got a friend who works at the one at Robina. Might get her to stalk Dave and Jaeger.

Must mean Mckenzie has improved his attitude around the club. Would love to see Trent have an awesome year.

Literally have heard nothing about what he has done this pre-season. What makes you say he has improved his attitude? The fact that of his 2 best mates one has got the boot and the other has got with Rocket's program.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back