List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to see Lynch's or Prestia's contract look like this as well. You have to remember that these boys are now VC's. That would inflate the salary a bit.
So a restructure of their salaries you think?

I'm just not 100% sure they can afford everyone if they hand out 500k to someone like Swallow. Very fortunate to lock up O'Meara and Martin long term before it got to this.

We don't actually know for sure it is $500k

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

We don't actually know for sure it is $500k
Yeah but they are generally pretty close to the mark. I have noticed more news companies reporting salaries these days. I wouldn't be surprised if, at some time in the near future, we start posting every player's salary like they do in the US. It'd certainly make free agency a lot more interesting knowing who can afford to go after the big names each year.

Yeah but they are generally pretty close to the mark. I have noticed more news companies reporting salaries these days. I wouldn't be surprised if, at some time in the near future, we start posting every player's salary like they do in the US. It'd certainly make free agency a lot more interesting knowing who can afford to go after the big names each year.

Yeah it does make me worry a little if we can keep Bennell when we are paying Swallow that much.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

9e3e7u6u.jpg

From afl website today - we have no veterans in 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which five players out of Smith, Sumner, Harbrow, Sexton, Hunt, Russell, Bennell, Day, Warnock, May, Taylor, Nicholls, Stanley, Murphy, Allen, Matera, Hutchins, Rischitelli, Broughton and Bock are the top re-signing priorities?

My list in order:
  1. Tom Nicholls - Still no confirmation he is actually out of contract at the end of this year but he would be my top priority if he is.
  2. Harley Bennell - We all know how talented he is but his future at the club seems to have a cloud over it at the moment. I'd want him signed up pretty soon.
  3. Brandon Matera - We are yet to see the best Brandon which is exciting. Has the potential to become the Gold Coast's Cyril Rioli. Virtually no other players like him at the club so his signature is important.
  4. Sam Day - Seems to be finally putting it together and can play several key positions reasonably well. Sign him up and keep developing him.
  5. Luke Russell - Hard working player that deserves to be rewarded. Turning into a very serviceable utility.

I probably would have put Harbrow as high as number 2 if I thought he was going to leave but I think there is zero chance of that. Rischitelli, Stanley and Smith fall in a similar boat as I don't think they are going to leave.

Courier mail page 77
Just had a read. Very interesting article and I think it is absolutely the right approach to have. For anyone who can't access the article, it basically states that it is now policy at the Suns for every draftee to sign a minimum of a one year extension prior to their AFL debut.

Harbrow's extension will take him through to 2017 while Leslie, Lemmens and Kolodjashnij have all signed one year extensions to keep them contracted at the club until 2016.

Courier-Mail on fire. Swallow on Friday, Harbrow and three draftees today.

Doing a way better job than the club is handling this news.

The club would be reluctant to put anything out until it is official. Swallow's deal has not been finalised if I can recall correctly but merely agreed upon.

Harbrow... who knows why they are slow on that one.

The club has always been funny with its contracts, a few of the local journos have even observed this.

They just don't feel the need to release this information, unless it's a big signing.

I wonder what the logic behind that is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back