List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac smith , Charlie Dixon, tommy Nichols ...

Girringe could stay I think , if tommy doesn't re-sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorringe is off contract at end of 2015 anyway so still got plenty time to prove his worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Tommy will go, no inside info just a vibe I get from a couple of conversations with him ( admittedly last year )

Hope I am wrong because he is a great guy

Hope he stays because he's a cracker on Favourite Suns.

Gorringe likewise.

I
Key
1 year left

Senior List (39/40)

2 Zac Smith - 2014
3 Tim Sumner - 2014
7 Karmichael Hunt - 2014
8 Luke Russell - 2014
11 Harley Bennell - 2014
14 Matthew Warnock - 2014

17 Steven May - 2014
21 Jeremy Taylor - 2014
22 Tom Nicholls - 2014

29 Tom Murphy - 2014
31 Jackson Allen - 2014
32 Brandon Matera - 2014

34 Jack Hutchins - 2014
35 Michael Rischitelli - 2014

36 Greg Broughton - 2014
44 Nathan Bock - 2014

Rookie List (5 Players)
13 Andrew Boston - Rookie (Second Rookie Year - Category B)
39 Louis Herbert - Rookie (First Rookie Year - Category A)
41 Leigh Osbourne - Rookie (Second Rookie Year - Category A)
43 Jarred Ellis - Rookie (First Rookie Year - Category B)
46 Josh Hall - Rookie (Third Rookie Year - Category B)

Didn't bother looking through the thread here Sunny_ but is this list still correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks for that. Obviously went back to it and got the quote, had a look and didn't notice it 'updated' hence the question.. Thanks for that :thumbsu:

No worries! What brings you over here out of curiosity? Anyone you keen on or just browsing? lol

No worries! What brings you over here out of curiosity? Anyone you keen on or just browsing? lol

Just the usual "you guys have a plethora of top kids, we want >insert player x here< for nothing" question.

Stephen May interests me immensely as we are desperate for a key forward who can actually play to a decent standard now. Daniher isn't quite ready whilst all of Hooker, Hurley, Carlisle seem better in defence.

Just the usual "you guys have a plethora of top kids, we want >insert player x here< for nothing" question.

Stephen May interests me immensely as we are desperate for a key forward who can actually play to a decent standard now. Daniher isn't quite ready whilst all of Hooker, Hurley, Carlisle seem better in defence.

True story

I once asked Steven May who he hoped he would play for if the SUNS didn't exist and he said he would have hoped Essendon :thumbsu: (Asked him 10/8/2013 lol)

However Steven May is in the same boat as all your above mentioned players. Although he is a slightly capable forward in 2014 all his greatest work has been done in defence. Would say he has bee more important then both Thompson and Warnock this year!

True story

I once asked Steven May who he hoped he would play for if the SUNS didn't exist and he said he would have hoped Essendon :thumbsu: (Asked him 10/8/2013 lol)

However Steven May is in the same boat as all your above mentioned players. Although he is a slightly capable forward in 2014 all his greatest work has been done in defence. Would say he has bee more important then both Thompson and Warnock this year!

I think Essendon are 2 years shy of being able to ask the expansion clubs for KPP's. The established youngsters are capable at the moment and are being pushed by mature aged depth guys. In 2 years time these capable KPP's will be pushed by up and coming youngsters hence we won't be in need of one by then (hopefully).

I doubt the expansion clubs would be giving up a youngster for what we will be able to give anyways (we only have an end of first round compensation pick for the drugs SAGA and then 3rd round onwards).

Yeah I think this is the year we may get a tiny bit more active in the trade period but I have a feeling will be for 1st - Second round picks. Keep that age spread amongst our list.

We still have to lessen our list by 5 players (I think) so if we can re-home some of our fringe players in exchange for pick upgrades in the 2014 draft I am all for it!

Essendon would be a prime trade partner too with their penalties to try trade into the draft. Otherwise they miss out and start making a hole in their list...

Notoriously bad in this area, they are always looking to rip the other team off. Take a look at some of the Bay 13 entries, they wanted Caddy remember and offered up Pears and a rusty spoon as compensation.

Is May any chance to actually go? We have persisted with him for a few years. Now that he's finally showing something he's not going to stick around? Boo. I suspect we are trying to do everything in our power to tie him up for a lengthy period of time. Would be right up there in importance.

Notoriously bad in this area, they are always looking to rip the other team off. Take a look at some of the Bay 13 entries, they wanted Caddy remember and offered up Pears and a rusty spoon as compensation.

Hard to argue with this. Reminds me so much of my other team (Tottenham) who want everything but give up nothing :oops:

Oh yeah completely agree! Their history is very very poor at the trade table. Not to say we should not explore and exploit come November or whenever the trade period is.

I remember our battles over there a couple years ago for the crumb that shall remain nameless. ;)

Hard to argue with this. Reminds me so much of my other team (Tottenham) who want everything but give up nothing :oops:
Why do you think this is, is it a win at all costs mentality??? seems small minded as the other clubs don't forget then they either don't want to deal with Essendon or if they have been burnt in the past will want their pound of flesh as retribution.

Having said that Essendon is not the only club, I think North did this with Ben Jacobs as well to Port and the Swans to Adelaide with Tippett.

Why do you think this is, is it a win at all costs mentality??? seems small minded as the other clubs don't forget then they either don't want to deal with Essendon or if they have been burnt in the past will want their pound of flesh as retribution.

Having said that Essendon is not the only club, I think North did this with Ben Jacobs as well to Port and the Swans to Adelaide with Tippett.

Essendon always seem to play a fine line. We did this with Crameri last year (we wanted 26, Dogs offered 46. We wilted and accepted 46 on the final day). Not the first instance. We did something similar with Angus Monfries. We did something with Adam Mcphee, but he didn't come to the party and walked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back