Rumour Current high profile player serving 3 strikes ban

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, I think Judd is just a strange dude, he beats to a different drum than most people. Fantastic player was gutted when he left, not because he was the heart and soul of our club, because he clearly wasn't, but because we lost the best player on our list. That coupled with the off field shite that was going on spelt big trouble for our club and some of us knew that.

But let's not pretend he was a "pinnacle of judgement and maturity". He lived with Daniel Kerr for a time while in Perth and Kerr was his best man at his wedding. Cousins was also invited to his wedding. Judd was not some saint that had to leave before he was tainted.

Give Judd a break. the guy just played an afl grand final, something nearly all of us can only dream about, the culmination of 12 months work plus more, redemption for a lost gf, the pressure on him must have been enormous and his reaction may have been more about relief than ecstasy. Cousins on the other hand would have been all about the ecstasy......

Give Judd a break. the guy just played an afl grand final, something nearly all of us can only dream about, the culmination of 12 months work plus more, redemption for a lost gf, the pressure on him must have been enormous and his reaction may have been more about relief than ecstasy. Cousins on the other hand would have been all about the ecstasy......

WC won by a point or thereabts, right ? maybe the juddster realised it was a fluke

Yeah it's Beamsy. Some of his punishment was given during preseason as well, I'm pretty sure I saw him up here at the GC doing some community service.
Might not be Beams on a 3 strikes, but my mate said he saw Beamsy doing some heavy s**t during his off time (before preseason I presume). Was at Surfers and not many people know who Beams would have been, every chance he can get away with taking illicit substances. He would probably be on at least 1 strike or he informed the club of his party habits and they might have suspended him... ;)
Yeah it's Beamsy. Some of his punishment was given during preseason as well, I'm pretty sure I saw him up here at the GC doing some community service.

So Garlett is an idiot for getting involved in drugs but no comment on Beams?
nah it's ok we'll trade for him and everyone will forget it even existed;)
Good player with issues though

I just reported on what my AFL mate told me. He was like 85% sure it was Beamsy who was doing illicit substances. I didn't mention it before but then it dawned on me. Beams has been injured far to long for just a quad tweak. Wasn't it January he got injured? That would be at least a week after my mate saw him. I than thought that he must have told his club doctor and self reported. He probably isn't on 3 strikes but wouldn't be surprised if he was on 1 or 2 after some of his QLD mates get up to and all. Collingwood might have sent him to some clinic to fix is addiction or something and covered it with an 'injury' that last almost half a year.

Is this Brendan Fevola Mark II?

Do clubs have to tell other clubs they are trading with how many strikes a player has? I have a feeling they don't due to confidentiality, but if is on two, like our Brisbane friend here was suggesting a lot during this thread, then that would be a real kick in the tail for the Lions if he has a big off season with his "QLD mates". What is the current penalty for 3 strikes these days?

I just reported on what my AFL mate told me. He was like 85% sure it was Beamsy who was doing illicit substances. I didn't mention it before but then it dawned on me. Beams has been injured far to long for just a quad tweak. Wasn't it January he got injured? That would be at least a week after my mate saw him. I than thought that he must have told his club doctor and self reported. He probably isn't on 3 strikes but wouldn't be surprised if he was on 1 or 2 after some of his QLD mates get up to and all. Collingwood might have sent him to some clinic to fix is addiction or something and covered it with an 'injury' that last almost half a year.

Do clubs have to tell other clubs they are trading with how many strikes a player has? I have a feeling they don't due to confidentiality, but if is on two, like our Brisbane friend here was suggesting a lot during this thread, then that would be a real kick in the tail for the Lions if he has a big off season with his "QLD mates". What is the current penalty for 3 strikes these days?

I missed that post he's on the money in part of it let's just hope he doesn't do another quad;)

If you're 21 and you've played 7 games, you'll never be an AFL footballer again.

If you're a premiership player, a BnF winner in a good side, young enough, and spearheading a lowly side in a non-footy city, it'll be private counselling at most.

No I just can see straight through someone like Judd who was a very self centred player

To not even smile on the dais is rather poor
does this mean that Judd wasn't happy at winning a flag, how can you tell by looking at the photo, that was probably set at a shutter speed at about 1/500 of sec!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I just can see straight through someone like Judd who was a very self centred player

To not even smile on the dais is rather poor

Nah

He just wasn't excited by standing next to someone bringing drugs and other unsavoury elements to the great club.

It is interesting to see where his peers ended up post footy. No one is smiling now.

the change of scenery will do him good
It's rampant up in Brisbane. The first time I ventured out for a pub night when I moved up there 11 years ago, I was offered it flat out. I hadn't ever seen it here in Melbourne up until that point.

If he thinks he's going to escape it up there, he's in for a 'volcanic' surprise.

I dated a chick whos brother runs a club in Ringwood.
Beams, Swan and Harry O did a guest appearance there in 2012 and spent plenty of time out the back....
Coinsidence 2/3 are now gone?

My mates mum dates the runner up to Dippa in the brownlow and he has told me that the pies players own a pub in port melbourne that they control you goes in and out so they can "let their hair down"

I think its pretty well know drugs are comminly used in the AFL.
Coke can be out of a players system in 2 days so Im sure there are heaps of players that take the risk.

Look, I think Judd is just a strange dude, he beats to a different drum than most people. Fantastic player was gutted when he left, not because he was the heart and soul of our club, because he clearly wasn't, but because we lost the best player on our list. That coupled with the off field shite that was going on spelt big trouble for our club and some of us knew that.

But let's not pretend he was a "pinnacle of judgement and maturity". He lived with Daniel Kerr for a time while in Perth and Kerr was his best man at his wedding. Cousins was also invited to his wedding. Judd was not some saint that had to leave before he was tainted.
Great argument. Just look at all of the current Carlton players who haven't snubbed Fevola, Robinson, Garlett and Bootsma. Boots went to Casboult's wedding.

Could one reason Judd left be that he was heading down the Cousins path?

Could one reason Judd left be that he was heading down the Cousins path?

The Rumour Was Always That twigley was ****ed off her face so he dragged her to melbs to clean her up

That is pathetic. Are they not old enough to realise they have responsibilities? No wonder some clubs have drug cultures when their leaders are all shelving pingers...

Lol been reading your post in this thread he is your problem now

I dated a chick whos brother runs a club in Ringwood.
Beams, Swan and Harry O did a guest appearance there in 2012 and spent plenty of time out the back....
Coinsidence 2/3 are now gone?

My mates mum dates the runner up to Dippa in the brownlow and he has told me that the pies players own a pub in port melbourne that they control you goes in and out so they can "let their hair down"

I think its pretty well know drugs are comminly used in the AFL.
Coke can be out of a players system in 2 days so Im sure there are heaps of players that take the risk.

Harry only inhales passively

Remove this Banner Ad

Back