Fantasy Cutthroat 2014 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard sell of a 'bonafide' number one....

With the amount of touches and catches he gets it is a fair call in this scoring format. The only thing holding him back is the Endzone but the TD's will come.

If you want to get picky there are only 3 RB's you would consider bonafide No.1s but in saying that no player is immune from down weeks and Foster and Peterson were both down this week while Lynch becomes a decoy for Carroll against weaker teams and i learnt this last season after having him all year.

Not sure we should be commenting on trades, but Chism should have taken this to PM

No need for P.M's!

Wizard asked publicly and i responded publicly! There is nothing to hide.

Take it or leave it i don't care but am willing to spice things up a bit.

With the amount of touches and catches he gets it is a fair call in this scoring format. The only thing holding him back is the Endzone but the TD's will come.

If you want to get picky there are only 3 RB's you would consider bonafide No.1s but in saying that no player is immune from down weeks and Foster and Peterson were both down this week while Lynch becomes a decoy for Carrol against weaker teams and i learnt this last season after having him all year.
Well considering last year he finished as RB 15 and this year he's only sitting at RB 13, hardly a position to call him a 'bonafide' number one.

Fair enough that his use suggests he COULD be, but, cmon...

Well considering last year he finished as RB 15 and this year he's only sitting at RB 13, hardly a position to call him a 'bonafide' number one.

Fair enough that his use suggests he COULD be, but, cmon...

As a rookie.

Had he found the Endzone against against the Ravens tell me where he would he would be sitting currently( and he was very stiff not to get a TD against a solid division rival D ) , and who catches more balls than him in the RB ranks?? His upside is HUGE and the scores will come as he is a major factor on the Cinci offense.

As a rookie.

Had he found the Endzone against against the Ravens tell me where he would he would be sitting currently( and he was very stiff not to get a TD against a solid division rival D ) , and who catches more balls than him in the RB ranks?? His upside is HUGE and the scores will come as he is a major factor on the Cinci offense.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all be bonafide RB1s ;)

Hill will get more touches as the year wears on and will get the goalline in due course

As a rookie, Martin was an elite fantasy RB too Chism...

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all be bonafide RB1s ;)

As a rookie, Martin was an elite fantasy RB too Chism...

Doug Martin has never been a ball catcher and is in a terrible offensive scheme in Tampa. Only way Martin scores massive points is if he gets 20+ touches and rushes for 100yds and TD's which is like picking teeth from a Hen trying to predict.

You can safely judge a RB in this format by what they score when they do not find the endzone and get the TD's etc. If you are getting over 15points and your RB has not found the Endzone be prepared for 25+ when he does especially when it is from receptions and screen passes/dump offs. Martin cannot catch the ball which holds him back in CT scoring.

You need RB's that feature in the passing game in Cut Throat to compliment the rushing scores.

Doug Martin has never been a ball catcher and is in a terrible offensive scheme in Tampa. Only way Martin scores massive points is if he gets 20+ touches and rushes for 100yds and TD's which is like picking teeth from a Hen trying to predict.

You can safely judge a RB in this format by what they score when they do not find the endzone and get the TD's etc. If you are getting over 15points and your RB has not found the Endzone be prepared for 25+ when he does especially when it is from receptions and screen passes/dump offs. Martin cannot catch the ball which holds him back in CT scoring.

You need RB's that feature in the passing game in Cut Throat to compliment the rushing scores.
49 receptions in his rookie year and never been a ball catcher.

Never change Chism.

Bernard is bleh. He'll (should) be a FA during the bye week.

49 receptions in his rookie year and never been a ball catcher.

Never change Chism.

Wow Wee, a whole 3 receptions a game over 16 weeks. :rolleyes:

Never change Dagless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Chism is trying guys, give the trading rookie a chance.

Up to Wizard to accept or reject

I don't trade much cause i usually have faith in the players i draft.

You just keep trading up to take take Quinn in the 1st round as i see that worked out well coming off 1 good season. You are just lucky stupid Woodson allowed you back into the 3rd round when you drafted Cobb as the current WR's you have are poo.

Bradford out for the year I noticed, Zac Stacy will be relied on I thought.

Annoyingly had been thinking heavily about drafting Maxwell due to Sherman aversion however, figured it was the homer in me.
I did this too, took Sherm instead. Regret. Less so about Kam - if he keeps putting up double-digit tackle numbers and then throws in when he gets a few picks...

General thoughts of the collective: best unexpected DBs?

Wow Wee, a whole 3 receptions a game over 16 weeks. :rolleyes:

Never change Dagless.
Ahhh... You know how much RBs normally catch the ball?

Anyway, catch y'all when I come out of my uni coma.

Ahhh... You know how much RBs normally catch the ball?

Anyway, catch y'all when I come out of my uni coma.

I know how much the ones that are relevant in Cut Throat do!

Yep with a 9.2 average, 514yds coupled with 3 TD's in a rookie season.

This will only get higher this season and he is way more of a safer option in the passing game than Martin will ever be and the stats at the end of this season will confirm it.

Yep with a 9.2 average, 514yds coupled with 3 TD's in a rookie season.

This will only get higher this season and he is way more of a safer option in the passing game than Martin will ever be and the stats at the end of this season will confirm it.
Better hold onto him then ;)

Yet only finished 13th despite getting more carries than he will all year...

So he is not getting more than 14 carries at all this season?

Is that what you are saying?? Cause that is what he had in Week 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back