Fantasy Cutthroat 2014 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You get Bernard and Marshall from me I get Megatron.

Interested? You get a No1 RB and another Tier 1 WR.

Tragedy averted!

They both scored over 50pts on their own this week and Bernard was very stiff not to have 100yds receiving thanks to a Flag.

Going to be pissed if Sproles wins this for larkis

He still needs 15 odd points with only 9 mins left in the last Qtr.

Wont happen and Larkis screwed himself when he said that you were his bitch! Larkis will be 0-3 in the division IF he does not beat me next week and hard to come back from that to make playoffs when bye weeks kick in etc.

He still needs 15 odd points with only 9 mins left in the last Qtr.

Wont happen and Larkis screwed himself when he said that you were his bitch! Larkis will be 0-3 in the division IF he does not beat me next week and hard to come back from that to make playoffs when bye weeks kick in etc.
Not looking good now. About 3 ref mistakes in a row leads to sproles running 50+... Need colts to hold the ball now.

If Sproles stays out of the Endzone in the dying minutes you will win.

A TD will bring it VERY close!!

You will be stiff to lose with a total of 1pt from 2 DL's which no one could of predicted.

If Sproles stays out of the Endzone in the dying minutes you will win.

A TD will bring it VERY close!!

You will be stiff to lose with a total of 1pt from 2 DL's which no one could of predicted.
Especially after Ware had the strip sack called back as an incomplete pass.

Need 4.2 points from Reggie Wayne to beat DemonJim
Ended up needing more than that due to some scoring re-factoring...

I was cheering for Colts :oops: but not wanting Reggie to touch the ball.

2-0 baby!

My first win of the Cutthroat season today, by less than 2 points!

Normally I stay away from homer picks... but I couldn't pass up McCoy at 5th in the draft.

It certainly makes those wins more special when you're cheering your NFL team on at the same time :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 and zip. Safety with a thirty point buffer this week. Still problems on D-line and in the secondary though.

Hey GG - what is the 'all-play wins'?
All-Play means...

The score you posted that week, how many games you would've won if you had played anyone else in the league instead of just the person you played.

So if you were the highest scorer for the week with 143.4, then you would've beaten all eleven people in your league THAT WEEK. Your all-play is 11-0

If you were the lowest scorer for the week with 78.2, then you wouldn't have beaten anyone that week. So your All-Play is 0-11

All-Play is the best measure of how good a team really is, because sometimes for a week, everyone scores lowly, but whomever scored the highest is what's most important as you wouldve beaten anyone in your league that week. While some weeks people could post a big 150.5 score because that week in the NFL was a big one for stats, but the rest of the league also had a high-scoring week, so your 150.5 was only the 6th best score.

Points-For can also be deceptive if other people in your league arent trying hard enough, forgetting to make waiver claims, free agent signings, leaving players on the bench, leaving bye, injured, suspended players in their starting team... bunch of people not as active, leaving all the best players for those who are active, building a 'dream team' due to other people being inactive.

On those that understand the game a bit better than I, what do you think of this lineup. In a 10 man league, with 1QB 2RB 2WR 1Flex 1TE 1K and 1Def

Andy Dalton - QB
Jaamal Charles - RB (Injured)
Zack Stacy - RB
Calvin Johnson - WR
Mike Wallace - WR
Mark Ingram - Flex (Injured)
Jimmy Graham - TE
Steve Gostkowski - K
Buffalo Bills - DEF

Bench
Tony Romo - QB
Knile Davis - RB, coverage for the injured Charles
Kelvin Benjamin - WR
Shonn Greene - RB
Knowshon Moreno - RB (Injured)
Josh Gordon - WR (suspended)

My team is carrying some injuries, I will most likely off load Moreno next week, unless his recovery time shortens over the weekend. With Davis getting big numbers whilst Charles is out I feel comfortable rotating through the two. Managed to nab Charles off a guy who was frustrated with his output for Justin Forsett which i think was a massive win for me,, especially as i picked up his back up in Davis off the waiver. Ingram as I understand isnt a top tier player but seems to be playing really well so far, I'll hold him through his injury as he seems to be perfect for my flex position. Charles and Stacy have both had slow starts to the season but I understand they are two of the best backs in the game? I'm fairly weak at quarter back and I will be looking to try and package perhaps Romo and Greene or Dalton and Greene for a better QB as soon as possible. Im carrying Gordon because of his abilitiy to kill it in the finals, once Gordon returns I should have the best two receivers in the game right? And Wallace could fight it out with Ingram for the flex position. Graham is a star at TE and im loving him. Gostkowski hasnt let me down yet either.

Based on my limited knowledge, a playoff team of

Dalton (or traded QB)
Charles
Stacy
Johnson
Gordon
Ingram/Wallace
Graham
Gostkowski
Buffa Bills

Should be pretty freaking good right?

Looks like an auction team, everyone else are practically budget players.

If it was me I would trade Charles due to a weak Kansas city O-Line - he isn't going to get much better.

Looks like an auction team, everyone else are practically budget players.

If it was me I would trade Charles due to a weak Kansas city O-Line - he isn't going to get much better.
Just a standard fantasy draft - im in a league full of beginners so we agreed just to auto draft.
I traded for Charles, dropped some players like Ridley, Shorts, and a couple of others I cant remember and picked up Davis, Benjamin since then

I also got auto drafted Ray Rice so that didnt help, but I picked up his replacement in Forsett and traded him for Jaamal so I think that was a win in the end.

I dont think I'll trade Charles unless someone offers me another big name RB, KC's Offense didn't hurt Davis last week that's for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back