Fantasy Cutthroat 2014 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanna bet. All sacks points already done. You don't get any more for them. ;)

An added 4.1 points for Watt is all your getting in run stuffs.

Exactly.

You do not get a TFL on the QB as it is a Sack in our format. Only tackles on other players i.e RB's , WR's etc behind the LOS count for a TFL even though ESPN credit sacks as TFL's. They are not, they are sacks in our format.

So to make it easier if you see a player on ESPN's stats with 1 TFL and 1 Sack you are not getting anything extra as the Sack points you already have. If he has 2 TFL's and only 1 sack expect another 4.1 coming through though as they were made on a player other than the QB which is 4.1pts in adjustments.

Last edited:
I'll vent now before the final results come in. I brought this up in the Alpha thread which i'm sure everyone on this board reads.

The tie breaks in our fantasy comps are flawed, or to put it more precisely...farked. So if I lose this week, my opponent in the other division gets in ahead of me based on the fact that our only h2h meeting I had two byes and he had nil. Yet i've outscored my opponent 9-4 on the season.

Vent over.

I'll vent now before the final results come in. I brought this up in the Alpha thread which i'm sure everyone on this board reads.

The tie breaks in our fantasy comps are flawed, or to put it more precisely...farked. So if I lose this week, my opponent in the other division gets in ahead of me based on the fact that our only h2h meeting I had two byes and he had nil. Yet i've outscored my opponent 9-4 on the season.

Vent over.
No system is perfect. We've been playing these tie breakers in every single fantasy comp.

I'm really sorry but that's the way it is.

Like I said, I'd like to increase the playoffs if it were doable. Like 3 div winners and 2 wild cards, but still ending week 16.

After tonights update my fate will be in the hands of my fellow Jags supporter Oscarman's team(Chalupa Batman), and his 4 man combo of Ryan, Lacy, Julio and Clay Matthews to outscore TGBB and his lone warrior Mr Cobb by about 25-30 or so points.

Predicted score has it to the Batman by 1.1 points.

TGBB wins and he goes into the final as seed #2 and I miss out. He loses and I take seed #2 and he misses out.

After starting 0-4 I should be happy to at least take it to the wire at 9-5.

I shall be watching the game with some interest tommorrow afternoon. :D

Yeah well if Steve Jackson goes off and runs for 600 yds and 10 TDs you're in deep s**t.

No system is perfect. We've been playing these tie breakers in every single fantasy comp.

I'm really sorry but that's the way it is.

Like I said, I'd like to increase the playoffs if it were doable. Like 3 div winners and 2 wild cards, but still ending week 16.

I said next year you numbnut

Pretty sure cut throats tie breaker is total score?

I brought the point up in alpha years ago and no one agreed with me, if I recall, you included tgbb

HD to HD 1st. If equal such as the 1-1 between me and TGBB then it is total points.

So essentially it is always HD to hd against everyone outside your division for the wildcard no matter what and as we know in cutthroat that can just happen to be your worst bye week.

HD to HD 1st. If equal such as the 1-1 between me and TGBB then it is total points.

So essentially it is always HD to hd against everyone outside your division for the wildcard no matter what and as we know in cutthroat that can just happen to be your worst bye week.
Just im not sure how h2h works when three or more teams are involved. Whether it's w-l percentage in games involving all the tied teams....or whether a team needs to have swept all the others they're tied with. Pretty sure that Points For it always ends up being when three or more teams involved.

In ALL our fantasy comps, it's always been h2h first then pf. No one has ever really complained. PLUS....keymost.....it's perfect for CT because in those cross-divisional games is when all the byes happen, and people have to decide whether to always go for the win "just in case" they end up in a two-way tie against someone cross-division, or risk their chances and hold onto bye players. Love that aspect in CT.

In dynasty formats....PF makes more sense.

Exactly.

You do not get a TFL on the QB as it is a Sack in our format. Only tackles on other players i.e RB's , WR's etc behind the LOS count for a TFL even though ESPN credit sacks as TFL's. They are not, they are sacks in our format.

So to make it easier if you see a player on ESPN's stats with 1 TFL and 1 Sack you are not getting anything extra as the Sack points you already have. If he has 2 TFL's and only 1 sack expect another 4.1 coming through though as they were made on a player other than the QB which is 4.1pts in adjustments.
Got credited for 2 TFLs so looks like we have a close game which can go anyone's way.

Pretty sure cut throats tie breaker is total score?

I brought the point up in alpha years ago and no one agreed with me, if I recall, you included tgbb
Must have been awhile ago because I've been asking for a change last 2-3 years.

Gee i look after you mate!

That win is worth a 6pk next time you are over. ;)

:D

Not blardy Bundy either! :eek: :mad: :cry: :drunk:

Might've just saved myself a 6 pack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needed 11.6 from 2 players in the Packers/Falcons game.

Aaron Rodgers got 26.3
Julio Jones got 40.2

66.5 from 2 players :eek:

Might've just saved myself a 6 pack
You do realize you're facing me next week and Karma will come down like a pack of Watts. No more trolly picks, will cut the crap and take you down. I'll make your team look like a mess crafted by Riggy and modified by GG. Remember the massacre I did on ManuReid's squad? Going to be you next week.

Pay the man his 6 pack for finally managing a win. He deserves a little trophy for turning that mess around.

You do realize you're facing me next week and Karma will come down like a pack of Watts. No more trolly picks, will cut the crap and take you down. I'll make your team look like a mess crafted by Riggy and modified by GG. Remember the massacre I did on ManuReid's squad? Going to be you next week.

Pay the man his 6 pack for finally managing a win. He deserves a little trophy for turning that mess around.
The only karma anyone has on them is your inevitable loss for all the crap talking you've done this year.

If you believe in that sort of thing..

The only karma anyone has on them is your inevitable loss for all the crap talking you've done this year.

If you believe in that sort of thing..
You guys would all miss my trash talking. Gotta keep the league lively or else you can go to the Cuddle Cup (Chainsaw), the Kiddie League (Kpinga) or the Terrible Tots (Trident).

You guys would all miss my trash talking. Gotta keep the league lively or else you can go to the Cuddle Cup (Chainsaw), the Kiddie League (Kpinga) or the Terrible Tots (Trident).
We've done fine in years you've taken your ball and gone home after the collapse-and-quitters

We've done fine in years you've taken your ball and gone home after the collapse-and-quitters
Unfortunately I never quit until it's over and this hype train won't be over til week 18

I would like to point out that once again Leichhardt Wanderers have made the playoffs.
Every single year of cutthroat has led to me making the post season.
It's something that Larkis can't match.

I would like to point out that once again Leichhardt Wanderers have made the playoffs.
Every single year of cutthroat has led to me making the post season.
It's something that Larkis can't match.

Thank me.

I could of tanked it to avoid this bragging type scenario. ;)

Well done to arakaan for winning the Chainsaw West. Can't believe Chalupa finished 4-10 with that team. Reckon in the end I was only third best in my division. BPG v arakaan for the final is my tip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back