Cyril Hamstrung? He's ready to go for Box Hill!

Remove this Banner Ad

get him right for the finals campaign and we'll be all good.

Though need a new strategy to manage him heading into 2015 - even if it means routinely resting him. If he does it a few more times over his career I'm fearful it'll force him into an early retirement – which in football terms would be a tragedy of the highest order.

get him right for the finals campaign and we'll be all good.

Though need a new strategy to manage him heading into 2015 - even if it means routinely resting him. If he does it a few more times over his career I'm fearful it'll force him into an early retirement – which in football terms would be a tragedy of the highest order.

I might be paranoid but if it's a wet game i wouldn't play him at all.

Don't like the idea of him as sub. Full game if he's fit. If not don't play him

The thing is there will always be risk with Rioli coming into the finals series, game time, match fitness and the chance of recurrence.

The only logical position is to play him as a the sub once you weigh up the pro's and cons....in saying that if we have an injury in the first quarter Cyril then has to go the distance and play a full game. If he breaks down........yucky

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy is an absolute ****.
Kennedy is there most important, probably there only contested in close clearance player....who else is going to play his role, hes the one that gets it out wide for Jack Hannebury and co.
I don't understand how these people get jobs.

Kennedy is there most important, probably there only contested in close clearance player....who else is going to play his role, hes the one that gets it out wide for Jack Hannebury and co.
Same way politicians get their jobs.

Have no pride
No integrity
And no clue

I often wonder the same, then assume that they make silly statements on social media to generate discussion & get followers etc. Is it a type of 'no such thing as bad publicity' personal promotion, or can he really be that stupid?

Same guy on SEN today, telling us not to worry about the free kick to Christensen "you just know they would have found something to win anyway" like it was a foregone conclusion that the cats would win. Why bother watching?

Same guy on SEN today, telling us not to worry about the free kick to Christensen "you just know they would have found something to win anyway" like it was a foregone conclusion that the cats would win. Why bother watching?

I think he was referring to the umpires. As in, if it wasn't that particular free, they would've pulled another one out of their a*rses where necessary...?

I believe even the handbagger supporters are becoming embarrassed by the preferential treatment their pack of sooks get - I know the ones I was with last night were - but winners are grinners though, so good luck to 'em. What goes around comes around (eventually).

I do find it rather ironic, however, that the hawks are likely to be the ones on the shitty end of the square-up stick this week as a result of the umpired raping that Freo copped, and not Geelong. But hey, bumps & grins and all that...

I believe even the handbagger supporters are becoming embarrassed by the preferential treatment their pack of sooks get - I know the ones I was with last night were - but winners are grinners though, so good luck to 'em. What goes around comes around (eventually)..

You obviously haven't read the High Tackle thread on the mb

I've got nothing to lose: Rioli

Cyril Rioli has broken his silence on his battle to return for the finals, declaring he is ready to build up for one last tilt at September.

The Hawthorn superstar has not played since Round 15, and suffered a recent setback in his rehab, but won't let the hamstring curse beat him.

"I'm still set on playing footy this year," Rioli said.

"I want to be out there playing with the boys...on the weekend with the loss it definitely hurt me a bit...it's definitely driving me to get back playing this year."

Asked if he was prepared to risk his troublesome hamstring in a final, Rioli said: "I probably could...don't have much to lose."

Rioli took part in a brief running session at Waverley Park, but only worked at half-pace as he eases his way back.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/news/article/-/24744428/ive-got-nothing-to-lose-rioli/?cmp=twitter

The realist in me says that he's cooked for this year. If by his own admissions he'd be risking it come finals then it's over. Never play injured players in finals. He says "don't have much to lose" but ping it early on & the disadvantage to the team would be huge. Given how well things were tracking, it appears as if the Club may have botched this one.

The realist in me says that he's cooked for this year. If by his own admissions he'd be risking it come finals then it's over. Never play injured players in finals. He says "don't have much to lose" but ping it early on & the disadvantage to the team would be huge. Given how well things were tracking, it appears as if the Club may have botched this one.
Try telling that to Richards, Goodes and a few others from Syd's 2012 premiership team. They were littered with injured players and we got rolled. I say give him a chance, we need him.

Try telling that to Richards, Goodes and a few others from Syd's 2012 premiership team. They were littered with injured players and we got rolled. I say give him a chance, we need him.
But then there's Hodge in 2012 & countless other examples over the years. I'm no footy historian but the overwhelming sentiment is don't play injured players in the big ones. Hope Junior Boy proves me wrong but it's hard to maintain the faith given what's occurred this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back