Cyril Hamstrung? He's ready to go for Box Hill!

Remove this Banner Ad

La Vache

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Melb
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
flyers, suns
Comeback from a three-month hammy on a rock-hard etihad and then a six day break before a Grand Final.

Don't think so.

Comeback from a three-month hammy on a rock-hard etihad and then a six day break before a Grand Final.

Don't think so.

Box Hill will be instructed to monitor how much time on ground he spends, should Hawthorn win the preliminary final.

Don't think the Box-Hill boys will be that impressed with a player being managed through their shot at back-to-back.

I don't reckon he will play anywhere in any scenario now.

Tough t***ies. Box Hill is controlled by Hawthorn. Bello is a development coach at Hawthorn. If Hawthorn decrees how Rioli is to be managed through the game, then he will be managed through the game.

seysearles

Supreme Leader
Oct 5, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Amazing, his only BH hitout it their grand final. What a Lol.

I thought that you had to have played a minimum of 6 H&A games in the reserves in order to qualify to play in finals? What was all the fuss about McEvoy about id Cyril can just walk straight into the GF team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough t***ies. Box Hill is controlled by Hawthorn. Bello is a development coach at Hawthorn. If Hawthorn decrees how Rioli is to be managed through the game, then he will be managed through the game.

Yep. And if Cyril played in the AFL team he would displace someone else to the VFL anyway.

Samurai Hawk

All Australian
Mar 31, 2007
Tokyo
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hanshin Tigers
“He certainly would feel more comfortable playing in the AFL team if we’re able to get through to the Grand Final if he had a hit out first and got some real confidence in his hamstring.”

Maybe not even Sizzle is confident in his Hammy by the sounds of it. right decision, smart decision

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not a fan of Cyril playing in Box Hill. Takes away an opportunity from a kid that probably deserves a shot for a VFL flag. Would have much rather given Cyril time to hopefully play in the Grand Final should we make it.
So what if the fitness coaches say no to AFL GF unless he tests out his hammy in the VFL match? Why I am asking this - because in all likelihood that's what they said. Cyril Rioli ...CYRIL RIOLI. He's a guy I would like playing in an AFL GF.

Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination
So what if the fitness coaches say no to AFL GF unless he tests out his hammy in the VFL match? Why I am asking this - because in all likelihood that's what they said. Cyril Rioli ...CYRIL RIOLI. He's a guy I would like playing in an AFL GF.

It just seems harsh that a kid who has worked all year for this moment gets taken away just because a big star has to play half a game in the VFL. I think it's a bit unfair on whoever get's dropped for him and whilst I understand the decision it doesn't sit easy with me.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It just seems harsh that a kid who has worked all year for this moment gets taken away just because a big star has to play half a game in the VFL. I think it's a bit unfair on whoever get's dropped for him and whilst I understand the decision it doesn't sit easy with me.
Okay. But that's all part of the game. They probably had a heads up it might happen.

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

That makes no sense.

If Cyril was fit he would be in the Prelim and someone else like Simpkin would come out and play for BH.

May 4, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No one is getting dropped for him. A player did an ACL in the prelim for BH

Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination

Kennedy and Cyril isn't exactly a like for like but that said we probably could shift our plan and it wouldn't be like an omission. Perhaps I'm just thinking too negatively at this and not looking at the bigger picture which is a potential AFL flag. Regardless I'll be cheering Box Hill on whether Cyril plays or not and hoping for at least one back to back this year (hopefully two).

May 29, 2010
The Tree Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
SF 49ers, Arsenal

This. People need to also consider that the message from the club is that we are comfortable with the depth of our list. We have managed without him since Rd 15. No panic trying to rush Cyril back. Also takes the media focus away from the is he fit or is he fit questions.

Prudster

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That makes no sense.

If Cyril was fit he would be in the Prelim and someone else like Simpkin would come out and play for BH.

If Cyril wasn't fit, do you really think he would be risked in the VFL? The reality is that he hasn't played in a long time and needs to get some run into his legs. Trying to do that in an AFL prelim is a massive risk, and thus he's playing in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back