D-Day for Didaka

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t sorry to hear that de_LICA_ish18, only just came back now to check this thread and saw your post.

Hope you're going OK.

Have you had checks yourself, a colonoscopy. I'm sure your dr would be all over that for you.

It's just dreadful watching a loved one emaciating away with cancer.

Thanks. Cancer is a horrible thing, it took both my parents when I was young also.

I'm so afraid of cancer that I got to the point that I didn't want to know if I had it. In the week leading up to my brother passing away I started getting really worried that I'd have it myself. I just wasn't feeling well at all but also knew it could be the stress.

My brother was diagnosed 2 years ago and I hid it from my doctor. About a week after my brother died I had a doctors appointment for a prescription refill. By this time I built up so match stress that I'd have bowel cancer that I knew I had to tell him. I knew he'd send me for a colonoscopy which he did.

A week later I did it and it was absolutely fine. Best feeling ever. So glad I did it, such a relief and the procedure ended up being a piece of cake and nothing to be scared about. I have to them every 3 years now but that's ok, I'm not afraid anymore.

Thanks. Cancer is a horrible thing, it took both my parents when I was young also.

I'm so afraid of cancer that I got to the point that I didn't want to know if I had it. In the week leading up to my brother passing away I started getting really worried that I'd have it myself. I just wasn't feeling well at all but also knew it could be the stress.

My brother was diagnosed 2 years ago and I hid it from my doctor. About a week after my brother died I had a doctors appointment for a prescription refill. By this time I built up so match stress that I'd have bowel cancer that I knew I had to tell him. I knew he'd send me for a colonoscopy which he did.

A week later I did it and it was absolutely fine. Best feeling ever. So glad I did it, such a relief and the procedure ended up being a piece of cake and nothing to be scared about. I have to them every 3 years now but that's ok, I'm not afraid anymore.

Awesome news mate. How are you travelling otherwise? Must be tough since you lost your bro.

I'm ok. Sadly I've had to deal with a lot of death in my life and I guess I've come to terms with the whole thing. Mostly I'm relieved it's over and there's no more pain for him. He was 40 but in his last week he looked 65, it's hard to watch.

I'm his sister but he was closest to his friends. They really took care of him over the journey and now they're really not coping.

He had the most amazing friends. He was in a band, the week before he died they did a benefit show for him at the Espy. Over 400 people showed up. His friends raised over $8000 for him. I'm so thankful for everything they did for him. So many people loved him.

I think I'm ok, or I'm still numb.

I'm ok. Sadly I've had to deal with a lot of death in my life and I guess I've come to terms with the whole thing. Mostly I'm relieved it's over and there's no more pain for him. He was 40 but in his last week he looked 65, it's hard to watch.

I'm his sister but he was closest to his friends. They really took care of him over the journey and now they're really not coping.

He had the most amazing friends. He was in a band, the week before he died they did a benefit show for him at the Espy. Over 400 people showed up. His friends raised over $8000 for him. I'm so thankful for everything they did for him. So many people loved him.

I think I'm ok, or I'm still numb.

It must be great to know that he was looked after and loved the whole way. That s**t is tough.

Don't forget to look after yourself though!! Stay social and stay connected. Even when you don't feel like it. Thats a big thing i've found when i've been down.

Keep chargin eh! And let us know how you are.

Condolences to didaka's mates on here. Just wondering if he had a family history of this? Perhaps someone knows if he had a genetic condition? 24 is very young for colon cancer.

Just interested from uni. Thanks.

Didaka and a couple of others are now honoured forevermore on Bigfooty with a special remembrance.

RIP.
____

Oh wow asgardian that's awesome!

Where can you access it?

Condolences to you and your family de_LICA_ish18

Because of bowel cancer history in the family, I've booked in for a colonoscopy in early November. Not very pleasant but I urge anyone with similiar history to speak to their Doctor about having one, you owe it to your family.
I finally got there and all clear, I do it for my family more than myself. I dont care if I'm not long for this world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Condolences to you and your family de_LICA_ish18

Because of bowel cancer history in the family, I've booked in for a colonoscopy in early November. Not very pleasant but I urge anyone with similiar history to speak to their Doctor about having one, you owe it to your family.
I got a message from someone who took this advice and was very thankful when the Doctor discovered hundreds of polyps in their bowel so I will keep bumping this message.

After some recent events I've been inspired to find and read this thread again and it's still as touching as the first time I read it. What a beautiful, inspirational story. Hope all is well up there mate.

After some recent events I've been inspired to find and read this thread again and it's still as touching as the first time I read it. What a beautiful, inspirational story. Hope all is well up there mate.
I didn't even know the guy in real life, but it's still quite painful to read this thread. I really thought he was going to pull though. It makes me so happy to know that he got to see the Pies win a flag before he passed away though.

Brent was a total inspiration.

I didn't even know the guy in real life, but it's still quite painful to read this thread. I really thought he was going to pull though. It makes me so happy to know that he got to see the Pies win a flag before he passed away though.

Brent was a total inspiration.

When Sydney made the grand final, I was so desperate to go because I had read this story about a year ago and been so affected by it to the point it was a major reason I had to go to the MCG at any cost. At the end of the day we're all just typing words, but no one stops to think that it is a person with their own troubles and battles who are typing and posting them. It's so easy to read the club underneath a username and slag them off but people like Brent and the other posters who have been affected make you realise that these words are being typed by someone who has the potential to do amazing things. Just seems like a really great, beautiful guy. His passion and strength are a testimont to him.
His last words were that he felt invincible, and when you look at his legacy and the support he has received, what fitting words they were.

Wonderful post Vonn.

I remember standing there at the MCG when collingwood won thinking to myself I hope didaka is here, or somewhere enjoying the moment as much as me.

He was a good and funny guy, certainly miss his contributions on the forum

Didaka sounded so down-to-earth and humble and it sounded like he had a positive attitude. He's definitely an inspiration to everyone who has read this thread and to me especially.
My parents' best man and my godfather passed away from a Lymphoma in the spleen early December and I was really close to him, so I feel the pain of the family and friends and I know what they are going through and condolences to you guys.

It's great how the whole of the Magpies board gathered around him and supported him through this. He definitely needs the recognition around here.

I didn't know Brent as I joined around July, but as I said he should be an inspiration to us all.

RIP Didaka.

-Andoni

Sorry for the bump guys.

I still remember the day the news he'd passed away come through. I bawled like a baby. So odd for someone you'd not met in the flesh. I need to make the time to re-read this thread. So much wisdom and positivity in it. * we miss him on the boards!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back