Mega Thread Anti doping Tribunal Hearings - Verdict to be delivered March 31st, 2pm, Docklands. Closed hearing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a single specific claim been made but ASADA or are they still going with the "it's the vibe" prosecution?
I am hoping someone who is following the stream of leaks has at least a slight inkling of what, other than a bit of unsubstantiated gossip about Carlton and GWS, is going down in relation to the "Blackest Day in Australian Sport" validating "Trial of the Century".

I assume ASADA has spent the last 3 days outlining it case,what it actually alleges the individual players did and what evidence it plans to present.

That is an assumption I know but it would be handy for the players given they have to actually answer some form of accusation and dispute some form of evidence....

Has a single specific claim been made but ASADA or are they still going with the "it's the vibe" prosecution?
I am hoping someone who is following the stream of leaks has at least a slight inkling of what, other than a bit of unsubstantiated gossip about Carlton and GWS, is going down in relation to the "Blackest Day in Australian Sport" validating "Trial of the Century".

I assume ASADA has spent the last 3 days outlining it case,what it actually alleges the individual players did and what evidence it plans to present.

That is an assumption I know but it would be handy for the players given they have to actually answer some form of accusation and dispute some form of evidence....

It's certainly true that in the first day, ASADA did its best to ignore the 34 players, and actually spent more time talking about other clubs and other substances.

Of course, the tribunal hearing also involves one support staff.

We all now accept that the allegations against that one support staff (not contested) will represent a very easy kill for ASADA.

Many on this board are now getting quite excited by the prospect of getting that easy kill up (not contested), and then using it as the primary evidence of the players having been administered with TB4.

Thoughts?

Just on the bolded incase you aren't aware the Tribunal only went on Monday, there was no hearings on Tuesday and Wednesday, it resumed today.

Of course your assumptions are wrong from the outset. The tribunal started on Monday, and then continues today and tomorrow. If you are going to continue to lambast ASADAs competence, you probably should get your facts right. :rolleyes:

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane 3m3 minutes ago
ASADA representative Mr Holmes QC continued opening submissions to detail evidence in ASADA's case against the 34 players & support person.
"...continued opening submissions to detail evidence in ASADA's case against the 34 players & support person."

34 players & support person eh? But GeeGee, you've been claiming that they only spoke about the one support person.

Why do you keep posting conflicting information? Anyone would think you might not know it all...

"...continued opening submissions to detail evidence in ASADA's case against the 34 players & support person."

34 players & support person eh? But GeeGee, you've been claiming that they only spoke about the one support person.

Why do you keep posting conflicting information? Anyone would think you might not know it all...

Do you think 1/35th was dedicated to the support person?

Neither do I.

Do you think 1/35th was dedicated to the support person?

Neither do I.
Your credibility is surely starting to fade GeeGee. Two whole days of tribunal action, and it continues. That's lots of 5 minute blocks that could have been used to have the whole case thrown out, as you assured us it would on day one when Alavi and Charter weren't coming.

Your credibility is surely starting to fade GeeGee. Two whole days of tribunal action, and it continues. That's lots of 5 minute blocks that could have been used to have the whole case thrown out, as you assured us it would on day one when Alavi and Charter weren't coming.

Can someone please explain to this bloke what "opening submissions" mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 52m52 minutes ago
AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal continued hearing today of past, present Essendon players & former employee who have been issued Infraction Notices

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 50m50 minutes ago
ASADA representative Mr Holmes QC continued opening submissions to detail evidence in ASADA's case against the 34 players & support person.

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 49m49 minutes ago
Tribunal also heard an application by legal representative of Essendon FC for him to be present and represent the club in the proceeding.

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 47m47 minutes ago
On considering various submissions & a previous decision for hearing to be private, Tribunal refused the request from Essendon lawyer. ends

ESSENDON has been blocked from sitting in on the anti-doping hearings that will decide the fate of its players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ked-from-hearing/story-fni5f6kv-1227161015927

Last edited:
Fair enough, let's leave it there.
Why leave it GeeGee. You claimed (because Chip told you so) that they'd all walk in, and in the first five minutes, the defence lawyers would say "Throw it out" and the tribunal panel would agree.

You were absolutely 100% wrong again. So your rebuttal - "nah, that's not what I meant. Opening submissions obviously!" doesn't cut it.

Of course your assumptions are wrong from the outset. The tribunal started on Monday, and then continues today and tomorrow. If you are going to continue to lambast ASADAs competence, you probably should get your facts right. :rolleyes:
They stated they would spend 3 days outlining their case...starting on Monday...you do know what day it is I assume...and can read the date on which I posted.
I can "lambast" all I like as is my wont, but possibly I should take account of the emotional investment you have in the case.
Not that I thought my valid question was "lambasting".
I would think a goodly part of the population would be interested to hear if ASADA had produced anything other than the accusations they have been peddling since the case began. I would think you would be interested.
Apparently not as you have all the ammunition you need to draw you third party conclusions....

They stated they would spend 3 days outlining their case...starting on Monday...you do know what day it is I assume...and can read the date on which I posted.
I can "lambast" all I like as is my wont, but possibly I should take account of the emotional investment you have in the case.
I would think a goodly part of the population would be interested to hear if ASADA had produced anything other than the accusations they have been peddling since the case began. I would think you would be interested.
Apparently not as you have all the ammunition you need to draw you third party conclusions....

I got some more OT today. Cheers

They didn't say they would spend the next three days outlining their case. It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to work out the three days available for them to actually present their outine would be three sitting days. I know what day it is...day two of the hearing.

Don't know how you can question somebody's credibility in evaluating the evidence when you make such strange judgements. You might want to get a dictionary and look up day and date. They're not the same thing (hint, hint)

Oh and your use of the word valid is at odds with the dictionary as well. Something else you can look up.

Last edited:
The case runs through to the end of January. I imagine you'll find out then.

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 52m52 minutes ago
AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal continued hearing today of past, present Essendon players & former employee who have been issued Infraction Notices

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 50m50 minutes ago

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 49m49 minutes ago
Tribunal also heard an application by legal representative of Essendon FC for him to be present and represent the club in the proceeding.

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 47m47 minutes ago
On considering various submissions & a previous decision for hearing to be private, Tribunal refused the request from Essendon lawyer. ends

ESSENDON has been blocked from sitting in on the anti-doping hearings that will decide the fate of its players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ked-from-hearing/story-fni5f6kv-1227161015927

What's the point of these updates?

Completely meaningless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back