D1 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt matter what division your in. .. last years C grade GF was at casey, great ground but bloody long way for people to travel..... and premier A and B is at elsterwick which has had zero money spent on it for years... VAFA need to work on this issue of finals grounds.. I understand its hard with the comp size and what not... but the current situation is not good enough...

Why don't they talk with Epping footy club... there is no footy at that ground this weekend... great ground. .. fully inclosed and good suface.... maybe they cant get grounds like this. .. but they need to do something. . As its not a good look for the comp atm...

I wonder what other grounds they had to pick from?
Casey and Meade too far away for both sides, Trevor Barker given to under 19 premier GF (St Kevins v St Bernards) on the Sunday.

Doesn't have the prestige of VFL or VFA grounds, does it? Although apparently the surface is tip-top knick.
Top nick surface with a hard wicket in the middle?? Also it's about getting as many supporters from both clubs to the game.

Have just heard Garvey Oval ot is for the D1 GF. Playing the highest games of the year for clubs on cow paddock's

This. Was timekeeper for the U19N prelim at Ted Ajani Res on Saturday, the ground was an absolute disgrace with a thinly-covered concrete wicket in the middle and they didn't even have the forethought to move the centre circle off it. Painted right in the bullseye. Fortunately no ruck injuries but a few guys went arse over tit trying to change direction on it.

This. Was timekeeper for the U19N prelim at Ted Ajani Res on Saturday, the ground was an absolute disgrace with a thinly-covered concrete wicket in the middle and they didn't even have the forethought to move the centre circle off it. Painted right in the bullseye. Fortunately no ruck injuries but a few guys went arse over tit trying to change direction on it.
Grand final moved to Visy Park apparently.

Best in the comp will no doubt go to Egglestone of TP. A competitive beast in the middle of the ground. Jack Gray of Willy and Darcy Brown of Mentone will round out the places in my opinion.

Struggle to see anyone beating Therry. To go up with them will be two horse race. On their day I think NOBs are the better team than Willy, but I fear they will struggle to win a game in C Section again unless they do some serious recruiting to help out their ageing list.

Good win by Jack Gray from Willy CY's to win the league medal. Came home with 11 votes in the last 4 rounds. That's a very wet sail!

Can he do the double or will Therry take out the flag. Looking forward to Visy Park on Sunday.

Last edited:
Northern Blues, Kew and Hampton all go back to back....Therry?

No reason why they can't.
Interesting to see Hawks go undefeated and lose GF today in Div 4.
At least Therry have got that loss out of the way. I think they win.

Senior and Reserve back-to-back would be a huge effort. Takes 44 available players to win senior and reserve flags, let alone back-to-back in a higher grade.

The final day of the year
The best 2 teams through.
By the listed teams, minimal changes, great day, great ground, Hopefully a great game.

Williamstown under dogs to back up from 2 weeks ago 15pts

No reason why they can't.
Interesting to see Hawks go undefeated and lose GF today in Div 4.
At least Therry have got that loss out of the way. I think they win.

Senior and Reserve back-to-back would be a huge effort. Takes 44 available players to win senior and reserve flags, let alone back-to-back in a higher grade.

Both sides found it too hard today - which is a shame. Still great effort to do the double jump and get two sides into GFs this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what a day it was out at Visy Park today.

Right from the first bounce it Willy looked the dominant team, attacking the ball with vigour and spreading from the contest dangerously. Jack Gray and Thomas Johnstone were outstanding early on, Molan was dangerous in the forward line and the Cy's pressure, lead by Cini, was first class.

Therry looked to find their groove in the second quarter, but Ben Gray played an amazing game at CHB. Out manoeuvring his opponents and leading the rebound from the backline. The second half was pretty much a formality as Willy leapt ahead by 80 points at one stage. Ruckman Puhar had a brilliant third and fourth quarter, kicking a few snags and setting up a couple more. Captain Egglestone fought valiantly for Therry, as did Jarrod Bannister it what must have been a horrendous few weeks for him and his family.

I had to leave late in the fourth, so I didn't get to see who was awarded the BOG medal, however it could have bee split amongst a number of Willy players.

Good luck to both teams in 2015, it will be sad the "how many cans over the Westgate" challenge will have to take back seat for a while.

Ammo Football out.

Well what a day it was out at Visy Park today.

Right from the first bounce it Willy looked the dominant team, attacking the ball with vigour and spreading from the contest dangerously. Jack Gray and Thomas Johnstone were outstanding early on, Molan was dangerous in the forward line and the Cy's pressure, lead by Cini, was first class.

Therry looked to find their groove in the second quarter, but Ben Gray played an amazing game at CHB. Out manoeuvring his opponents and leading the rebound from the backline. The second half was pretty much a formality as Willy leapt ahead by 80 points at one stage. Ruckman Puhar had a brilliant third and fourth quarter, kicking a few snags and setting up a couple more. Captain Egglestone fought valiantly for Therry, as did Jarrod Bannister it what must have been a horrendous few weeks for him and his family.

I had to leave late in the fourth, so I didn't get to see who was awarded the BOG medal, however it could have bee split amongst a number of Willy players.

Good luck to both teams in 2015, it will be sad the "how many cans over the Westgate" challenge will have to take back seat for a while.

Ammo Football out.

Agree, what a fantastic afternoon for footy, the VAFA must sit back and reflect there decision to change venues was a good one.

Agree with ammo, williamstown jumped TP and they never recovered. They had young kids running from hb and the wings.

TP had 13 4 & 11 who tried all day. They double and triple teamed 20 from williamstown that appeared to leave 1 open who bagged 6 and won the BOG medal.

It looked like TP had run out of legs and the younger williamstown kids were wanting it more.

Good luck luck to both teams in Prem C in 2015.

Time to enjoy the spring carnival and local cricket.

Who is going to win your clubs BNF???

Willy looks like been taken out by J Gray (no surprises there)
Therry i think will be a toss up between j bannister and b egglestone.
My club melb high i would think Tran would win it comfortably.
The other interesting club i think is old mentonians. Obviously brown has had a really good year but just a couple of roughies to look out for. Peter "pretzel" parker has had a really strong year and the other player i would like to highlight is a bloke called slipper silberer. Doubt he would be winning it this year as he only started playing in the ones half way through but he is definitely one to look out for next year.

Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back