D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 % you should get your facts right, never saw him
Haha Bedford. As we all know, never let the truth get in the way of a good story! I wasn't able to make it down to the Gunn yesterday. There had been a lot of talk on here about how good the OGGS were travelling. The score certainly didn't back those thoughts up. I also see that MM played in the seniors. How did he go?
Some interesting results from yesterday, the makeup of the final 4 & positions within will be very interesting to watch over the coming weeks. Huge win by SMS to keep their finals hopes alive.

Ormond were very good Beamsy, big MM went very well and at one stage I thought he was going to kill that bun headed full back. I believe after MM's two warnings he dropped off. Still about 6 to come back in , so a very good effort.
Heard in the crowd from one of the toffs to another that Ormond are only winning due to the smaller ground, to which his mate replied they belted us at Como earlier in the year.
The game was very well umpired, in direct contrast to last weeks pathetic performance.

Ormond were very good Beamsy, big MM went very well and at one stage I thought he was going to kill that bun headed full back. I believe after MM's two warnings he dropped off. Still about 6 to come back in , so a very good effort.
Heard in the crowd from one of the toffs to another that Ormond are only winning due to the smaller ground, to which his mate replied they belted us at Como earlier in the year.
The game was very well umpired, in direct contrast to last weeks pathetic performance.

Appreciate that OGS followers generally come from the more social elite but Ormond is hardly what you might call a downtrodden suburb Bedders. Don’t get much for under 1.5 million in Ormond/McKinnon. In fact if you class all people from private schools as toffs then a good number of our own fall into that category.

I can't speak for Hedge but IMO it is very simple, a young side starting to believe in its potential and some consistency on the park re personnel. Last year the Friars played over 50 through the seniors and that is not going to build stability in a group.

A young list that can't quite match the top 3 (yet!!!) but is starting to build on the potential of our strong U19 program.

Great win by SMS - willing to admit I was wrong with thinking Kew would win.
Wow! To come from the beatings you guys took only a few weeks back to where you are now without an influx of talent is amazing.

Perhaps some came across the plaintive cries of HF and were concerned about what he might do so they cracked into gear. :)

Good to see as one-sided games aren't good for the comp.

Last edited:
Appreciate that OGS followers generally come from the more social elite but Ormond is hardly what you might call a downtrodden suburb Bedders. Don’t get much for under 1.5 million in Ormond/McKinnon. In fact if you class all people from private schools as toffs then a good number of our own fall into that category.
So elite is determined by the value of your property is it?:eek:

So elite is determined by the value of your property is it?:eek:

While what constitutes a toff is subjective, my comment was very much tongue in cheek. I know Bedders is a down to earth footy person however the facts are Ormond is hardly a disadvantaged suburb. I also can’t see them forcing Henry Simon to hand back his B&F because he want to Brighton Grammar!

While what constitutes a toff is subjective, my comment was very much tongue in cheek. I know Bedders is a down to earth footy person however the facts are Ormond is hardly a disadvantaged suburb. I also can’t see them forcing Henry Simon to hand back his B&F because he want to Brighton Grammar!
Think "disadvantage" is more measured by the funds able to be garnered by a club and at the disposal of a club. In those terms the Monders are far from advantaged is my understanding.

Whats it got to do with Henry, he's Ormond through and through like his whole family, those guys were over the top toffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats it got to do with Henry, he's Ormond through and through like his whole family, those guys were over the top toffs

Settle down Bedders. Just having a lend and making the point that people have differing opinions of what constitutes a toff. Many believe an APS education gives you automatic entry into that exclusive club, whether you speak with the Old Geelong plum or not!

Settle down Bedders. Just having a lend and making the point that people have differing opinions of what constitutes a toff. Many believe an APS education gives you automatic entry into that exclusive club, whether you speak with the Old Geelong plum or not!
What it is mate, is it just shows how dumb some people are. Maybe its because when we won at Como, the toffs had a massive lunch on and the same toff might have been pissed on his red and missed the final score line

Some fine toffs down at Como. Quote often I sneak in for some scones when we're playing there. Minimum dress standard is a scarf and poodle
When Ormond played there earlier in the year, there was an U/19 game going on, so the ressies had to wait outside whilst the U/19 team were in the rooms. A heap of OGGS mums were walking around offering the boys scones, cakes & other tasty morsels. I'm not sure if they knew we weren't from OGGS, but we didn't open our mouths. I'm sorry that's a lie, we opened our mouths repeatedly for about 20 minutes whilst about 20 Ormond blokes & supporters devoured all of the food. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Thanks OGGS for the hospitality, as well as the 8 points we took from the 2 games that day.

When Ormond played there earlier in the year, there was an U/19 game going on, so the ressies had to wait outside whilst the U/19 team were in the rooms. A heap of OGGS mums were walking around offering the boys scones, cakes & other tasty morsels. I'm not sure if they knew we weren't from OGGS, but we didn't open our mouths. I'm sorry that's a lie, we opened our mouths repeatedly for about 20 minutes whilst about 20 Ormond blokes & supporters devoured all of the food. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Thanks OGGS for the hospitality, as well as the 8 points we took from the 2 games that day.
And yesterday !

Some fine toffs down at Como. Quote often I sneak in for some scones when we're playing there. Minimum dress standard is a scarf and poodle
They've certainly got a few fine looking South Yarra specimens that float around at the after match functions.

True Henry is a great Ormond man. But very Braaahton Grammar.
Nothing toffier.
Concur with this. Entertaining to listen to is Henry but he certainly enjoys the sound of his own voice. Although, in saying that, don't we all...? ;)

SMS win over Kew hasn't thrown in a curveball. Match very well with Kew and appeared to strangle their run. Kew has fallen flat, whether it is a temporary pause or a bigger issue is another matter. Ormond definitely has the wood over Old Geelong - too big and strong on the small ground. Whether the larger grounds in September will change that dynamic is an interesting question but it is starting to appear that the Ormond juggarnaut have firmed again as premiership favourites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back