D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intresting match between oggs and St Mary's, will one team throw a curve ball to try and hide what they have coming for finals week one?

Will be interesting to see the difference in selection between the two weeks, and some will be forced. St Mary's won't have Louis Holmes for this match through suspension, but you'd assume he'll be back the week after. OGGS have their skipper and a couple of others on the sidelines and may opt to rest them depending on the approach.

2 weeks for 1 BT player, any other news ?
Florance case has been postponed from my understanding due to criminal investigation but clearly he won't be playing in the battle of the two cellar-dwellers this weekend. Unsure what else takes place but as we know, VAFA investigations continue on and on. I expect both clubs will be heavily fined.

Last edited:
Really good guy Harry, great VAFA man.
H is the greatest. And I believe the VAFA have been very diligent in their investigation of the "off" field part of this and intelligently kept it separate from the on field incident.

What ever the result of the investigation/ investigations BT will take plenty of learnings from them and hopefully you'll all see a better club as a result. Thankfully the VAFA and umpires (x6) have approached this matter professionally. Thumbs up to them for that.

Florance case has been postponed from my understanding due to criminal investigation but clearly he won't be playing in the battle of the two cellar-dwellers this weekend. Unsure what else takes place but as we know, VAFA investigations continue on and on. I expect both clubs will be heavily fined.
I'm really chuffed if the alleged assault is to be the subject of legal action. Too often excuses are made for AOAH because it occurs on the field of play. It's no more excusable on the field of play than it is in the street or elsewhere.

Can someone educate me. I was actually going pop in, but alas the allure of watching GWS was too much!!!

If No. 33 loses his mind and belts blokes and puts them in hospital, and an ensuing melee occurs, why should Kew be fined other than for a major melee. I also don't understand why BT will be fined anymore than a major melee as well.

Did the Kew coach do something to have him in trouble?

No. 33 has in the past been an excellent VAFA footballer, playing state level football. I must admit we at one stage wanted to have a crack at him. (maybe thank god we didn't).

Was this out of character?

Agree with the principal, assault is assault regardless of where or when it occurs.

Max "Maybe the C Grade thread will be more interesting if/when Ormond and Kew get promoted" Leader

Can someone educate me. I was actually going pop in, but alas the allure of watching GWS was too much!!!

If No. 33 loses his mind and belts blokes and puts them in hospital, and an ensuing melee occurs, why should Kew be fined other than for a major melee. I also don't understand why BT will be fined anymore than a major melee as well.

No. 33 has in the past been an excellent VAFA footballer, playing state level football. I must admit we at one stage wanted to have a crack at him. (maybe thank god we didn't).

Agree with the principal, assault is assault regardless of where or when it occurs.

Max "Maybe the C Grade thread will be more interesting if/when Ormond and Kew get promoted" Leader
Hopefully all will be revealed during the inquiry and made public.

A "Max is always welcome in this thread" M

Come on Max you'll be pontificating on the b grade thread next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not here to be a character referee but have seen this player more than a few times over the journey and can't remember having a drama with him. Out of character in my experience.

I've never really been impressed with BTs behaviour on or off the field in my 12 years associated with the VAFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never really been impressed with BTs behaviour on or off the field in my 12 years associated with the VAFA.

Is that because you were reprimanded by your own club after a personal and unjustified attack on Bulleen Temp from behind your bigfooty keyboard some years ago. Time to move on Kruzering. Still sleep with the light on?

Is that because you were reprimanded by your own club after a personal and unjustified attack on Bulleen Temp from behind your bigfooty keyboard some years ago. Time to move on Kruzering. Still sleep with the light on?

Haven't you guys started enough fights this week?

word on street is that Bulleen will come out of all this in a much better light that one would have thought when news first hit the press/ forums. The police investigation (supported by video and evidence) will somewhat support the BT player. The VAFA investigation hammers the home club for failing all it association match day duties/ responsibilities & the VAFA doesn't take kindly to being misled. I was personally surprised when the "real" events were explain to me after what I read on here early in the piece.

word on street is that Bulleen will come out of all this in a much better light that one would have thought when news first hit the press/ forums. The police investigation (supported by video and evidence) will somewhat support the BT player. The VAFA investigation hammers the home club for failing all it association match day duties/ responsibilities & the VAFA doesn't take kindly to being misled. I was personally surprised when the "real" events were explain to me after what I read on here early in the piece.

In my professional opinion, relying on second or third hand hearsay opinion as to what the outcome of a police investigation might be is fraught with danger. An investigating officer may say one thing (which frankly they shouldn't), but the senior sergeant (who signs off on whether charges get laid or not) is always the ultimate decision maker and is his/her opinion only which counts.

Had many a client come to me astonished at being charged when the police officer initially said "it probably won't come to that". Happens every day of the week.

Proceed with caution....

I spent a couple of years at BT about 8 years ago and found it a great club with some fantastic people involved including Harry
It would be a shame if the actions of a couple of idiots define the way the club is perseved

Both clubs, players and the VAFA will learn from this. I have been critical of some people on here who have been commenting without witnessing the events or have been very biased. That's why I have asked for some posts to be removed. Bulleen have called for an investigation. Not hiding from the investigation or the truth. Let's remember that these are real people we are dealing with and entitled to a fair hearing - Kew and Bulleen. Of course our thoughts go to the injured players.

Thought the Scribe was pretty fair and balanced in his piece this week, obviously a hard job to do given his association with Kew. Huge outs though if Brazzale and Maibaum don't play finals...straight sets could be on the cards?

Any club nominations for the Team of the Year?
What is his association with Kew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back