Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Mentonians
Ormond
Old Geelong
BT
Kew

Best of luck to all teams this weekend. Hopefully the games are played in the right spirit.

Not sure what his record is like, but 16 or more weeks of suspension results in a life ban anyways
Does it? I haven't seen that rule (doesn't mean it's not there) but I recall Kodsi of Northern Blues getting a 3 year ban in 2014 for striking an umpires and is eligible to play in 2017?

Does it? I haven't seen that rule (doesn't mean it's not there) but I recall Kodsi of Northern Blues getting a 3 year ban in 2014 for striking an umpires and is eligible to play in 2017?
CqwqluU.jpg

Kew would want to show a bit more this weekend in the finals than they did yesterday. Plenty of "bruise free footy" players in the poo brown and gold. Coach is a bit of a tool as well.

Hope they get promoted....for everyone else's sake.
Probably had more to do with them being without their two key forwards who have booted most of their goals this year.

Re coach, Beesa Aitken? If so I have seen him take footy clinics with kids over the years and he's seemed a great bloke. Great with kids. Maybe that's where he should stay if he plays up?

So Ormond v Kew at Elsternwick Park & OGGS v SMS at Waverley Oval.

Week 1:
Ormond to the GF
OGGS to end SMS' season

Week 2:
Kew to go straight sets if their 2 forwards miss

Week 3:
Ormond to win the flag over OGGS

Anyone else have a crystal ball?

So Ormond v Kew at Elsternwick Park & OGGS v SMS at Waverley Oval.

Week 1:
Ormond to the GF
OGGS to end SMS' season

Week 2:
Kew to go straight sets if their 2 forwards miss

Week 3:
Ormond to win the flag over OGGS

Anyone else have a crystal ball?
What happened in the oggs game yesterday? St Mary's could be a smoky after there win yesterday

Re coach, Beesa Aitken? If so I have seen him take footy clinics with kids over the years and he's seemed a great bloke. Great with kids. Maybe that's where he should stay if he plays up?
I thought he was great on the weekend, sat high on the wing area, didn't talk to the players at the breaks or come into the rooms after the game. Was almost like he had a self-imposed ban on coaching - a sabbatical to prepare for the finals.

Just curious, if a coach was suspended, where would be the best place to sit at Sportscover Arena?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was great on the weekend, sat high on the wing area, didn't talk to the players at the breaks or come into the rooms after the game. Was almost like he had a self-imposed ban on coaching - a sabbatical to prepare for the finals.

Just curious, if a coach was suspended, where would be the best place to sit at Sportscover Arena?
So has he been suspended

Kew would want to show a bit more this weekend in the finals than they did yesterday. Plenty of "bruise free footy" players in the poo brown and gold. Coach is a bit of a tool as well.

Hope they get promoted....for everyone else's sake.

What do you mean he is a tool? Thought Aitkin sat high on the hill and observed the game. Please explain

So has he been suspended
Maybe he was taking a different perspective on the game given they had 2nd spot wrapped up. I'd heard from multiple sources the rumour he'd been suspended and it looked like it given his lack of involvement on match day but can't confirm - above my pay scale in the VAFA.

Might have to wait until 2pm on Saturday at Sportscover to see if sitting away from the coaches box was an anomaly or if it is a new approach to coaching in the VAFA.

What happened in the oggs game yesterday? St Mary's could be a smoky after there win yesterday

Pretty comfortable win in a nothing game for us. Both teams undoubtedly playing altered lineups though. From the two sides on the day, we had them covered. Expect a much tougher game this week. I reckon it's a coin flip who wins it.

If Ormond beat Kew (as I suspect) and we get over the line against OGGS, I'd imagine those at Kew would be feeling a little uneasy facing us. Whilst their record against us is good on paper (4wins 2 losses) all four of their wins have been very close games. Would almost be unfair on them if they went out in straight sets after the incredible season they have had though. Will be an interesting finals series which could go a number of ways. The only tip I could put in with any confidence is I reckon Ormond will take home the flag.

Pretty comfortable win in a nothing game for us. Both teams undoubtedly playing altered lineups though. From the two sides on the day, we had them covered. Expect a much tougher game this week. I reckon it's a coin flip who wins it.

If Ormond beat Kew (as I suspect) and we get over the line against OGGS, I'd imagine those at Kew would be feeling a little uneasy facing us. Whilst their record against us is good on paper (4wins 2 losses) all four of their wins have been very close games. Would almost be unfair on them if they went out in straight sets after the incredible season they have had though. Will be an interesting finals series which could go a number of ways. The only tip I could put in with any confidence is I reckon Ormond will take home the flag.
The fate of Kew rests very much on whether the two key forwards - one with a badly broken nose and the other with a fractured jaw - come up. If they do I'd tip them to make it to the GF. If they don't Kew's strike power is gone and so are they.

The fate of Kew rests very much on whether the two key forwards - one with a badly broken nose and the other with a fractured jaw - come up. If they do I'd tip them to make it to the GF. If they don't Kew's strike power is gone and so are they.
the worst thing is that i find is that how unfortunate what happened 2 weeks ago in what was essentially a dead rubber, has potentially impacted the whole finals series

What do you mean he is a tool? Thought Aitkin sat high on the hill and observed the game. Please explain

Comment wasn't based on what he did on Saturday. I agree with Jack that Aitken behaved appropriately by not getting involved at all at Friar Park.

Question: why did he have to do this?

Answer: he didn't act appropriately the week before and was obviously operating under some sort of coaching ban.

He also went a bit "over the top" when we played them at Kew. I don't understand why a guy who has played the game at a far higher level, and is at or or over 50 years of age feels the need to get so wound up and involved in what's going out there on the field. He could be a bit more objective and maybe become a more effective coach.

That's my (humble) opinion.

Thanks for the heads up AM. So a total of 16 weeks means an automatic deregistration. Maybe it's only semantics, but I still prefer the Association come out and directly ban a player for "life " where the incident is particularly nasty, rather than it be a default from accumulated weeks given. Like I say, maybe semantics, but sometimse you have to make a stand.

If the majority of finals (exception of St Mary's v oggs this week) are at sportscover and oggs win this week. Will they have a greater advantage and knowledge of the larger ground, given all other three teams have resonably smaller grounds?

OGGs rested a few players and SMS are always a few goals better at home than away. Last year they stepped up a level for the finals and will have to again this year to make an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back