D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can't stop a loose cannon. Will do no harm to the amazing brand we have. But will show our tribunal to be rightly hard on such a cowardly act.

Better than the SMJFL where an Under 17 player elbowed a central umpire to the ground. Initially suspended for 2 years, upon appeal down graded to 1 year, as the comp were scared by the accused player turning up with a lawyer. Player said he didn't understand the ramifications of his actions.

Wouldn't happen in the VAFA.

Still nothing
24 weeks is what I'm hearing from my sources too. 12 for both the Brazzale and Maibaum incidents. Don't think this will help Florance's defence in court if it goes that far (which I hope it does), but unsure if it is legally allowed to be accepted as evidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of the number of weeks this guy gets (got), I hope that those who talk about him post career don't quickly forget this appalling incident.

I only played against him a couple of times, but I understand 5-10 years ago he was an excellent state player who also had a run at VFL level in his youth. When we prepared for BT, it was understood we had to stop Cherbakof, Florance and Jack Cowell. This despite Florance being at/above 30 years of age and nowhere near his peak.

Fact is he has finished his time in footy as a thug, pure and simple, and whether or not the courts find him criminally responsible is obviously to be played out. He must wear that tag whenever he is discussed as a player because that was the last act he committed as a footballer - when he should have been at his most mature.

Regardless of the number of weeks this guy gets (got), I hope that those who talk about him post career don't quickly forget this appalling incident.

I only played against him a couple of times, but I understand 5-10 years ago he was an excellent state player who also had a run at VFL level in his youth. When we prepared for BT, it was understood we had to stop Cherbakof, Florance and Jack Cowell. This despite Florance being at/above 30 years of age and nowhere near his peak.

Fact is he has finished his time in footy as a thug, pure and simple, and whether or not the courts find him criminally responsible is obviously to be played out. He must wear that tag whenever he is discussed as a player because that was the last act he committed as a footballer - when he should have been at his most mature.
Excellent post and spot on. Credit to you Hedgefund.

BT will not help with any type of appeal. From my discussions with insiders it will be...good riddance. He has shamed a great club.
Disgraceful act!!

BT will not help with any type of appeal. From my discussions with insiders it will be...good riddance. He has shamed a great club.
Disgraceful act!!
Utter rubbish. Respected club captain this year and last and remains a popular person at club.

Who are your insiders?

A long time sponsor, a board member and a past player. I will not name names as you are more than likely to bring them to someone's attention for a negative impact on them. You are wrong if you think that there aren't many at the club who are disgusted at what went down. I'm sure most of his current team mates are not amongst this group of course.

A long time sponsor, a board member and a past player. I will not name names as you are more than likely to bring them to someone's attention for a negative impact on them. You are wrong if you think that there aren't many at the club who are disgusted at what went down. I'm sure most of his current team mates are not amongst this group of course.
I have an idea who you're referring to. Current Kew member/s by chance? Hardly an unbiased source of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back