D2 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wicks have their past players lunch on this week, always play on the big ground when they occur. Usually end in great wins for the club. This round will be no exception.

Monash Gryphons - Old Eltham
Elsternwick
- Glen Eira
St Marys Salesian - Kew
South Melbourne - Old Paradians
St Johns - Ivanhoe

Big week in footy after the bye. Will be interesting to see how teams of the ilk of St Marys bounce back after coming so close to grabbing top spot.

Elsternwick v St Mary's - SMS by 60 points.
Old paradians v Glen Eira - OP by 77
Ivanhoe v Monash - Ivanhoe by 39
South melbourne v St. John's - south melbourne by 3 points
Kew v Old Eltham - Kew by 10

SMS to show their class and respond to another close loss to the bears. Elsternwick threw away a golden opportunity to avoid relegation...

Paradians have slipped in form but Glen Eira won't be a problem.

Ivanhoe is playing some good footy, the gryphons are not. Simple as pie.

I've tipped South Melbourne to upset St John's at home. Will be a ripping contest and south Melbourne have improved out of sight over the past month. Huge game.

MOTR: Kew at home will be tested and possibly down at half time but will take the choccies. Eltham will be desperate and hard though as a win will put them right in contention for top 2.

Today's Games:
Elsternwick - St Marys Salesian
Old Paradians
- Glen Eira
Ivanhoe - Monash Gryphons
South Melbourne - St Johns
Kew
- Old Eltham

Just back from O/S and things are getting interesting as six does not go into four.

I still think St Marys are the team to beat (ones and twos), but some match ups against certain teams leaves us some great games in the run home and then finals. Some random thoughts:

* St Johns or Ivanhoe to sneak into fourth as I believe OP's will fall away and are not that good - stop Boundy (the good one) and they don't kick enough to beat the top teams.

* St Marys and Eltham to finish 1 and 2 with Kew to third at the end of home and away season.

* Wickers to stay up - just - Monash and the Saints down. Even though round 16 sees Monash at home to the Wicks .....think the Wicks will pinch another surprise win.

* Could Eltham twos be the first team to win their first 12 games straight yet not finish in the top two at seasons end?

Cheers, Chump

Just back from O/S and things are getting interesting as six does not go into four.

I still think St Marys are the team to beat (ones and twos), but some match ups against certain teams leaves us some great games in the run home and then finals. Some random thoughts:

* St Johns or Ivanhoe to sneak into fourth as I believe OP's will fall away and are not that good - stop Boundy (the good one) and they don't kick enough to beat the top teams.

* St Marys and Eltham to finish 1 and 2 with Kew to third at the end of home and away season.

* Wickers to stay up - just - Monash and the Saints down. Even though round 16 sees Monash at home to the Wicks .....think the Wicks will pinch another surprise win.

* Could Eltham twos be the first team to win their first 12 games straight yet not finish in the top two at seasons end?

Cheers, Chump
A bit harsh, they are both pretty good

A bit harsh, they are both pretty good

In relation to the good players in the competition that you would have to look out for as a 'danger player', I'd suggest he is a little way down that list. And in that context, it's just an opinion, nothing more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monash Gryphons - Kew
Old Eltham
- Old Paradians
St Marys Salesian - Ivanhoe
South Melbourne - Elsternwick
Glen Eira - St Johns

Ones:
Monash Gryphons - Kew
Old Eltham
- Old Paradians
Glen Eira - St Johns

Twos:
Monash Gryphons - Kew
Old Eltham
- Old Paradians
Glen Eira - St Johns

Good luck all on the weeknd.

Chump.

Ones:
Monash Gryphons - Kew
Old Eltham - Old Paradians
Glen Eira - St Johns

Twos:
Monash Gryphons - Kew
Old Eltham - Old Paradians
Glen Eira - St Johns

Ones:
Monash Gryphons - Kew
Old Eltham
- Old Paradians
South Melbourne
- Elsternwick
Glen Eira - St Johns

Twos:
Monash Gryphons - Kew
Old Eltham
- Old Paradians
South Melbourne
- Elsternwick
Glen Eira - St Johns

Good luck all on the weeknd.

Chump.

Chump what did you think of SMS on the weekend? 1s and 2s? i saw them a few weeks back against Kew, their 2s were brilliant. But i wasnt sold on their seniors at all. I see you keep saying they are the team to beat but i think Kew and Eltham far ahead of them. That is my Opinion after seeing all 3 teams recently anyway.
i reckon St Johns will take up 4th spot on the ladder come finals too. It seems to be a trend by the Johns, the very slow start then coming home like a steam train.

TIPS

Elsternwick
Eltham
Kew
Glen Eira
St Johns

Ive tipped a few upsets this week. look forward to the weekend ahead.

Seniors:
Old Paradians - 7 goals
Old Eltham - 5 goals
Kew - 5 goals
Monash Gryphons - 3 goals
St Johns - 1 goal

Reserves:
Old Paradians
Old Eltham
Kew
Monash Gryphons
St Marys

If Kew have a full strength team leading into the finals (Waters and Leeds in the backline and Brazzale at FF) they will be very hard to beat. Old Eltham will struggle in finals with their older/unfit bodies on the bigger grounds. St Marys will be the main contender with massive depth and players still to return.

Elsternwick - Old Paradians
Old Eltham
- South Melbourne
Ivanhoe - Kew
Glen Eira - Monash Gryphons
St Johns - St Marys Salesian

Chump what did you think of SMS on the weekend? 1s and 2s? i saw them a few weeks back against Kew, their 2s were brilliant. But i wasnt sold on their seniors at all. I see you keep saying they are the team to beat but i think Kew and Eltham far ahead of them. That is my Opinion after seeing all 3 teams recently anyway. I reckon St Johns will take up 4th spot on the ladder come finals too. It seems to be a trend by the Johns, the very slow start then coming home like a steam train. QUOTE

G'day Onceuponatime .....I still think St Marys are the ones to beat in 1's and 2s, but as we play Kew this week I will get another look at them to see how they are tracking and then we have Eltham in the last round.....so maybe I can give some final thoughts on that before the finals start. At this stage though, St Marys for me as the team(s) to beat.

St Johns look like they have the best draw to pinch fourth if it become available, but if we can win 4 in a row anything is possible!!

The Hoes within 10 seconds of causing an upset... damn it! I would suggest we were a little unlucky to not get the win if you considered how both teams played on the day. That said, it's in the book now and it's two points each - not the result we were after.

Kew may match up well against St Mary's but after seeing both teams twice now, I feel St Marys (ones and twos) are still leading the pack. Eltham going well at the moment also and we get another look in the last round at the Turtles. Kew seconds were very good on the weekend and look to be coming good at the right time of year and it will make for an interesting finals series.

Chump

The Hoes within 10 seconds of causing an upset... damn it! I would suggest we were a little unlucky to not get the win if you considered how both teams played on the day. That said, it's in the book now and it's two points each - not the result we were after.

Kew may match up well against St Mary's but after seeing both teams twice now, I feel St Marys (ones and twos) are still leading the pack. Eltham going well at the moment also and we get another look in the last round at the Turtles. Kew seconds were very good on the weekend and look to be coming good at the right time of year and it will make for an interesting finals series.

Chump
How is the running machine you just picked up (initials AD).

Max "Down by the river" Leader

How is the running machine you just picked up (initials AD).

Max "Down by the river" Leader

Has been a welcome addition to the IAFC Max. Great guy and working his way back into some good footy as he plays a few more games. Had his first game in the Seniors on Saturday after a few in the scoobies!

Chump

I think that might be the key factor Chump, Kew must match up very well against SMS, Eltham probably do too. which is why i see both Eltham and Kew as the teams to beat. Your boys must match up very well against the bears and played a great game?

This saturday should settle who secures the double chance out of Eltham and SMS. Interesting to see that Ciavola hasnt played the last 2 weeks??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back