D2 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth in the rumour about South Districts and the SFL?? News is that Port Colts and Keysborough and Hampton are all investigating the possibility..

I think that might be the key factor Chump, Kew must match up very well against SMS, Eltham probably do too. which is why i see both Eltham and Kew as the teams to beat. Your boys must match up very well against the bears and played a great game?

This saturday should settle who secures the double chance out of Eltham and SMS. Interesting to see that Ciavola hasnt played the last 2 weeks??

It will be an interesting finals series for sure, but I still have SMS in front of Kew and the Turtles in the ones and twos, just based on how they have played against us on both occasions. That said, the turtles played us off the park at their ground, so looking forward to the last round game at home to test ourselves again.

On the weekend, we played well, but still missing some key players did not help. We think with a full team and some better luck re availability (like everyone) that we can match most in this grade. Losing two close ones against OP's and playing a poor 20 minutes against St Johns and Kew away has come back to bite us on the ass. Anyway, that's history now and we need to play well this week against South (away) to get another four points as we believe they are a difficult prospect on their home ground.

As for Ciavola - I saw him last week and he is out of the team for being too ugly!!

Cheers, Chump.

It will be an interesting finals series for sure, but I still have SMS in front of Kew and the Turtles in the ones and twos, just based on how they have played against us on both occasions. That said, the turtles played us off the park at their ground, so looking forward to the last round game at home to test ourselves again.

On the weekend, we played well, but still missing some key players did not help. We think with a full team and some better luck re availability (like everyone) that we can match most in this grade. Losing two close ones against OP's and playing a poor 20 minutes against St Johns and Kew away has come back to bite us on the ass. Anyway, that's history now and we need to play well this week against South (away) to get another four points as we believe they are a difficult prospect on their home ground.

As for Ciavola - I saw him last week and he is out of the team for being too ugly!!

Cheers, Chump.

Interesting observations there chump.
Obviously not a fan Ciavola?
Yes being ugly is worthy of being dropped these days, however if he is injured i would have thought that would make it very hard for Eltham to go all the way and compete with Kew and SMS. He is an absolute gun of the comp wether you like him or not and would be sorely missed by his side.

Yes being ugly is worthy of being dropped these days, however if he is injured i would have thought that would make it very hard for Eltham to go all the way and compete with Kew and SMS. He is an absolute gun of the comp wether you like him or not and would be sorely missed by his side.

I'm sure that on reflection the Chump will reconsider his comments and make a sincere apology to Sab when he sees him next!

Last edited:

I am a big fan of Sab, have known him for some time, he almost played with us some years back and when he plays Eltham are a far more dangerous side for sure!

Chump.

P.S. Still ugly :)

A massive round of footy to be played this week.

TIPS:

Monash by a goal to give them a game break from the relegation zone.

St Johns in another close one to keep their finals hopes alive.

Ivanhoe by 5 goals, seem to be playing some pretty good footy at the moment.

Kew to get the job done against Glen Eira by 4 - 6 goals, i believe they will be missing a few boys due to the herald sun shield final, good test of their depth.

Match of the round - a lot at stake in this game as the winner should all but secure the double chance come finals. Its really a toss of the coin for mine but ill go with the in form Eltham.

Good luck to all! I will be a very interested on looker this weekend thats for sure!

A big weekend in deed......

Ones:
Monash at home by 4 goals over the Wicks
St Marys by a goal over Eltham (Ciavola to kick 10 for the Turtles).
St Johns by 22 points over OP's and keep things interesting (we hope)
Ivanhoe by 15 points over South to keep our miniscule chances alive.
Kew by 39 points over GE

Twos:
Monash over the Wicks by 10 goals
St Marys to claim top spot and send the Turtles down the ladder for the first time in months.
OP's to get the win over St Johns at home - especially if 'the reason' plays.
Ivanhoe by 26 points and to get back on the winners list after back to back losses.
Kew to win very comfortably against GE and keep an eye on a possible double chance.

Good luck all, no injuries.

Chump.

Last edited:
Monash Gryphons - Elsternwick
St Marys Salesian - Old Eltham
Old Paradians - St Johns
South Melbourne - Ivanhoe
Kew
- Glen Eira

St Marys took some big steps forward on the weekend with both the ones and twos giving Eltham plenty to think about for the finals series. That said, I don't think Eltham and Kew are done just yet in relation to finals and what that can bring and I expect some close games will be on the cards.

The run for fourth is still interesting with St Johns making a late charge, but have a massive game this week for them to stay in the hunt. They, like us (Hoes) need OP's to trip up at Monash this weekend to stay in the race for finals action. On recent results that's unlikely, but anything can happen when relegation is on the cards (and maybe a half dozen Kegs?????).

Chump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today's Games:
Monash Gryphons - Old Paradians
Elsternwick - Ivanhoe
Old Eltham
- Glen Eira
South Melbourne - St Marys Salesian
Kew
- St Johns

Today's Games:
Monash Gryphons - Old Paradians
Elsternwick - Ivanhoe
Old Eltham
- Glen Eira
South Melbourne - St Marys Salesian
Kew
- St Johns

Pretty easy round of tipping. Nxt week will be the same.

So maybe you can tip who's going to top the votes this year?

J Tanner
Kandilakis
Bishop

Doesn't surprise me that an Eltham official is in trouble. Their coaches and cheersquad are feral on game day. Looking forward to seeing them burn out on the bigger grounds in finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back