D2 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty easy round of tipping. Nxt week will be the same.
So maybe you can tip who's going to top the votes this year?
J Tanner
Kandilakis
Bishop

Ivanhoe V Eltham at Hoe Park will be a big day for the club as we are very keen to finish the year off strongly after an improved year and so will throw everything at our last senior 1st's game for season 2014. Maybe an upset is on the cards?

Chump.

Doesn't surprise me that an Eltham official is in trouble. Their coaches and cheersquad are feral on game day. Looking forward to seeing them burn out on the bigger grounds in finals

Cant say much as the police are involved. But the war veteran who was assaulted is ok. He drives from Ballarat each week to support.

Pretty easy round of tipping. Nxt week will be the same.

So maybe you can tip who's going to top the votes this year?

J Tanner
Kandilakis
Bishop
I have not followed every sides best players but I would think the following would go ok:
Kew: Allman, Delbridge, Bishop.
St Marys: Latsas, Mclean, Tanner
Eltham: Whiteside, Pepyat, Lendaro, Brown
Parade: D.Boundy and both Kandialakis bros.
Hoes: Lovell, Harris, Jacobs
St Johns: Chalk, O'Connor
South: Mahoney, Costello
Elsternwick, Thornton, C.Mahoney
Monash:Cherian
Glen eira: Waras-Christensen, Barda

I have not followed every sides best players but I would think the following would go ok:

From a Kew perspective it's going to be a close club Best and Fairest count having used 38 players (so far) and with only 1 having played all games. 3 have missed one and all up only 10 players have played more than 11 games. I think that lack of continuity of selection through injuries, weddings, school footy etc. is probably the main reason for the recent lull at the Bears but judging by the weekend things could be back in business. I'll say Bishop has had the most consistent year and will be the most likely club BnF and league poller - not surprising considering he's a former B grade BnF.

Looks like it'll be a very interesting finals series. The top three teams are very even and could probably beat either one on any given day. Parade are thereabouts and can most certainly an upset on their day, which makes for a very interesting few weeks.

My money is on Dave Boundy. No matter what some people write, he is THE class act of the Division and is the Division's leading the goal kicking, so would be under the umpire's eyes most of the games. Forget that he doesn't appear in the Raiders best listing each week, just an option he has requested, and he IS their most valuable player.

My money is on Dave Boundy. No matter what some people write, he is THE class act of the Division and is the Division's leading the goal kicking, so would be under the umpire's eyes most of the games. Forget that he doesn't appear in the Raiders best listing each week, just an option he has requested, and he IS their most valuable player.
Don't get me wrong, Boundy is a very good player, but Brazzale is THE class act in the competition.

Howdy,
Good to see the Boundy supporters are alive and well!
However 9 goals in 5 games against the top 3 teams is nothing to make my tail curl.
Hopefully he can prove me wrong against Kew this week as he seems to enjoy playing against the bottom teams as much as I like...rolling in mud!
Interesting week ahead as teams prepare for an exciting finals series, going to be a porker!

Oink!

Howdy,
Good to see the Boundy supporters are alive and well!
However 9 goals in 5 games against the top 3 teams is nothing to make my tail curl.
Hopefully he can prove me wrong against Kew this week as he seems to enjoy playing against the bottom teams as much as I like...rolling in mud!
Interesting week ahead as teams prepare for an exciting finals series, going to be a porker!

Oink!
I tend to agree with you pig, no doubt Boundy can play, and probably would get a game in any A grade side, but those stats say it all.
Would be good to see him get out of second gear against the top sides. I reckon those top sides would put a lot more work into him than the lower clubs too. After saying all this he is every chance to come out and kick 10 this week though.

I am really looking forward to the finals series, good sides on good grounds makes for great viewing!

I wish we knew where they were going to be played though!!!

I tend to agree with you pig, no doubt Boundy can play, and probably would get a game in any A grade side, but those stats say it all.
Would be good to see him get out of second gear against the top sides. I reckon those top sides would put a lot more work into him than the lower clubs too. After saying all this he is every chance to come out and kick 10 this week though.

I am really looking forward to the finals series, good sides on good grounds makes for great viewing!

Boundy has got It done against all teams in all grades and has stuck by the club as they have dropped down the grades.. a true legend of the VAFA..

Boundy has got It done against all teams in all grades and has stuck by the club as they have dropped down the grades.. a true legend of the VAFA..

Howdy different drum,
The discussion was about this years best and fairest, we don't doubt his integrity.
I'd just prefer a player who has turned it on against good opposition to bring home the bacon!

Tips:
SMS will be too good for Monash 71 points
Kew too quick for Parade 38 points
Eltham over Hoes by a snout 5 points
Glen Eira to finish on a high over SM 13 points
Jocs to win at home against the Wicks 27 points

Oink!

Fair point... good luck to all teams this weekend...

gsnout, post: 34654339, member: 155760"]Howdy different drum,
The discussion was about this years best and fairest, we don't doubt his integrity.
I'd just prefer a player who has turned it on against good opposition to bring home the bacon!

Tips:
SMS will be too good for Monash 71 points
Kew too quick for Parade 38 points
Eltham over Hoes by a snout 5 points
Glen Eira to finish on a high over SM 13 points
Jocs to win at home against the Wicks 27 points

Oink![/QUOTE]
Fair poibt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mostly sunny and 21 ......excellent!

SMS v Monash - SMS by 100+ points as they look to really drive towards a big finals campaign
Kew v Parade - Kew by 22 points, might be closer if Boundy performs - chuckle.
Hoes v Eltham - Hoes to win by 4 goals at home as the Turtles look to next week.
Glen Eira v South - 10 points for a South win.
St Johns to win by 5 goals over the Wicks

SMS v Monash - SMS by 100+ points - the double ton for SMS over Monash for the day.
Kew v Parade - Kew by 72 points and continuing sone very good late season form.
Hoes v Eltham - Hoes by 3 goals and set up a return match with the turtles in the elimination final next week
Glen Eira v South - 35 points as south finish the year with a win
Wicks V St Johns - Wicks to win by 3 goals if they can produce the same footy as last weeks first half.

Good luck all.

Chump.

SMS v Monash - SMS will monster the exhausted Gryphons by over 100 points.
Kew v Parade - This will be tight for a half and then Kew will run away with it to win by 6 goals. Brazzale to boot 6, Boundy to get held to a pittance ;)
Hoes v Eltham - I think Eltham will head into the finals with a close win... 10 points.
Glen Eira v South - South Melbourne will flog Glen Eira by 70 as Glen Eira look to Div 3 and a long road back to the big leagues.
St Johns v Wicks - St Johns are hard and tough, the Wicks are fighting to stay up. The Wicks will stay up but St Johns will win by 18 points.

SMS v Monash - Easy stuff for the flag favourites - 120 point win for SMS
Kew v Parade - Kew will slog Parade to jump into second place. A lot of blokes fighting for finals spots. Kew by 100.
Hoes v Eltham - Hoes win and Eltham drop to third. Huge stakes on the line. At home I think Ivanhoe will win by 3 points.
Glen Eira v South - Battle of the cellar dwellers. I think Souths will win by 38 points.
Wicks V St Johns - St Johns were on a hiding to nothing last week against Kew. Their season will end in a dour struggle in a game where both teams play like they are trying to lose. Draw.

Not the most exciting finish to the Ones season with all the spots basically sewn up minus the mathematical possibility of Eltham jumping St Marys... and the chance of Kew and St Marys swapping (with only momentum on the line).

The Reserves is another story. Eltham lose to Ivanhoe and Kew most likely jump to 2nd and a potential week off, Ivanhoe beat Eltham and Kew lose to Parade and 3rd and 4th swap... Eltham beat Ivanhoe and St Marys lose by 500 points and Eltham and St Marys swap! Alright, the last one is not mathematically possible but still... EXCITEMENT.

Good luck to all no matter if you are revving up for Mad Monday or gearing up for a long finals campaign!

Also, Kew did the Ice bucket challenge the other night as the MND is pretty close to heart with a few of the lads and here is the video.

SMS v Monash - SMS will monster the exhausted

Also, Kew did the Ice bucket challenge the other night as the MND is pretty close to heart with a few of the lads and here is the video.

Great stuff from the KEW AFC in relation to #ALSicebucketchallenge and raising cash and awareness of this horrible disease.

Chump.

St Marys Salesian - Monash Gryphons
Old Paradians - Kew
Ivanhoe - Old Eltham
Glen Eira - South Melbourne
St Johns
- Elsternwick

Here we are! Finals footy.

SENIORS

Saturday @ Casey Fields 2PM - 2nd Semi Final: Kew v St Mary's Salesian

Sunday @ Highgate Recreation Centre (Cragieburn... :confused:) 2PM - 1st Semi Final: Eltham v Old Paradians

RESERVES

Saturday @ Casey Fields 11.40AM - 2nd Semi Final: St Mary's Salesian v Kew

Sunday @ Highgate Recreation Centre (Cragieburn) 11.40AM - 1st Semi Final: Eltham v Ivanhoe

Let the discussion/verbal warfare/banter begin.

Last edited:

SENIORS

Sunday @ Highgate Recreation Centre (Cragieburn... :confused:) 2PM - 1st Semi Final: Eltham v Old Paradians

RESERVES

Sunday @ Highgate Recreation Centre (Cragieburn) 11.40AM - 1st Semi Final: Eltham v Ivanhoe

Seniors:
Kew by 10 points in another ripper contest between the two sides.
Old Paradians to beat Old Eltham convincingly (6 goals)

Reserves:
Kew by 3 points
Ivanhoe by 7 goals

Won't necessarily reflect the league b n f but here are my 5 best players:
1) Brazzale (Kew)
2) McLean (St Mary's)
3) Boundy (Old Paradians)
4) Costas (St Johns)
5) Kyle Margaritis (Kew)

Seniors:
Kew by 10 points in another ripper contest between the two sides.
Old Paradians to beat Old Eltham convincingly (6 goals)

Reserves:
Kew by 3 points
Ivanhoe by 7 goals

Won't necessarily reflect the league b n f but here are my 5 best players:
1) Brazzale (Kew)
2) McLean (St Mary's)
3) Boundy (Old Paradians)
4) Costas (St Johns)
5) Kyle Margaritis (Kew)

Can anyone figure out why the Kew v SMS game is being played down at Casey? Not very appealing for mutual supporters i would have thought?

Anyway my tips at this stage are.

Kew by 2 goals. The bigger ground probably just gets them over the line!
Eltham by 7 goals. Parade dont quite have the depth in their 22 that Eltham does.

Reserves:
SMS by 4 goals. They seem to be in some serious form going by their scores!
Ivanhoe by 6 goals. too young and quick for the Turtles.

In terms of the better players in the comp, i can only go on the games ive seen but ill give the 10 that standout for me.

1, Brazalle (Kew)
2, Mclean (SMS)
3, Bishop (Kew)
4, Lovell (Ivanhoe)
5, Pepyat (Eltham)
6, Gatehouse (SMS)
7, Costas (StJohns)
8, Tanner (SMS)
9, Boundy (Parade)
10, Ciavola (Eltham)

Should be a great weekend of footy, even if there is a world of driving to be done!

SENIORS

RESERVES

Playing at a more centrally located ground (Northcote) may have been helpful to get a few extra supporters along, but I am happy to be playing this week as other teams are done for the year.

Seniors:
SMS for me in what looks like a great contest - very even. But as I have been on the SMS bandwagon since early in the year and they have been the more convincing against us I will go with them by 23 points.

The Turtles to get the chocolates in this one, but not by much, as the big wide ground at Cragieburn to suit their game a little more than OP's I would think. Both teams will be looking for bags from their gun forwards in Boundy and Ciavola, but the real interest lies in who can step up and support them with a few of their own. Turtles by 16 points.

Reserves:
I have said SMS have been the team to beat for a long time, and I still think that.....but, Kew have been in some awesome form recently getting some players back into their side. This promises to be a 'shoot out' with both teams very capable of kicking 20 goals on any given day. Who will go to the comp leading goal kicker in Gusts and his partner in crime Gook? What have SMS got for Watts and O'keefe to quell their influence? SMS for me - 17 points.

The turtles V Ivanhoe looks to be another close one as you would think a few players back for the Turtles will strengthen their side. Both games have been close this year, although some poor kicking by Ivanhoe has not helped. Bad kicking is bad footy though and if that continues then I am sure the turtles will make the Hoes pay! I think we can pinch a win and move onto the next week of finals - Hoes by 11 points.

Good luck, no injuries.

Chump.

Can anyone figure out why the Kew v SMS game is being played down at Casey? Not very appealing for mutual supporters i would have thought?

Anyway my tips at this stage are.

Kew by 2 goals. The bigger ground probably just gets them over the line!
Eltham by 7 goals. Parade dont quite have the depth in their 22 that Eltham does.

Reserves:
SMS by 4 goals. They seem to be in some serious form going by their scores!
Ivanhoe by 6 goals. too young and quick for the Turtles.

In terms of the better players in the comp, i can only go on the games ive seen but ill give the 10 that standout for me.

1, Brazalle (Kew)
2, Mclean (SMS)
3, Bishop (Kew)
4, Lovell (Ivanhoe)
5, Pepyat (Eltham)
6, Gatehouse (SMS)
7, Costas (StJohns)
8, Tanner (SMS)
9, Boundy (Parade)
10, Ciavola (Eltham)

Should be a great weekend of footy, even if there is a world of driving to be done!
Does anyone know when the league best and fairest is?

Massive day tomorrow for the Kew Bears and St Marys Salesian!
Seniors: Kew by 4 goals, Brazzale to kick 7. McLean BOG for St Marys
Reserves: Kew by 2 goals, Watts to kick 7. Childs to be St Marys best at CHF

Sunday
Seniors: Old Paradians to have too much run for the ageing Eltham Collegians
Reserves: Ivanhoe to demolish Old Eltham

St Marys issued some very strong messages to all and sundry in D2 on the weekend with big wins over Kew in the ones and twos. Congratulations on promotion up into D1 where I think they will perform well as the young talent of the club continues to develop.

Kew will re-group no doubt, as you don't finish in the top two without being able to play some decent football. Will be a cracking game between the Turtles and Bears in the ones and looking forward to the challenge of playing them in the twos.

Trying conditions out at Craigieburn on Sunday with a strong breeze impacting the two games that were played out there and making goal kicking a little more difficult. That said, the Turtles were just way to strong for OP's on the day and ran the ball far better into the breeze when kicking against it.

Looking forward to another big week of finals action this weekend.

Chump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back