D2 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm over the whole st johns and wicks debacle
lets just drop it and focus on the real footy and not a melee
Richmond may have earned a bit of respect with a tough game with st johns
thoughts on eltham? i would of thought they would of had Parade's measure, parade keep finding ways to win when i dont expect them too

I'm over the whole st johns and wicks debacle
lets just drop it and focus on the real footy and not a melee
Richmond may have earned a bit of respect with a tough game with st johns
thoughts on eltham? i would of thought they would of had Parade's measure, parade keep finding ways to win when i dont expect them too

Are eltham shaping up to be flat track bullies? Come up 2nd best in both their showings against other top teams

I watched the Hoes V Eltham game and the turtles are a top 4 side for mine.

Pleased the Hoes scrapped out a win while not playing well yesterday and good to see Mitch Lovells successful return from injury.

Are eltham shaping up to be flat track bullies? Come up 2nd best in both their showings against other top teams
Its tough to say
i did not realise this top 4 would be so close as it looks like a tough one to crack
its out of eltham, ivanhoe, OPs, St Johns, NB and Richmond at this stage, and mhsob as a smokey
interesting to see who will make it

Its tough to say
i did not realise this top 4 would be so close as it looks like a tough one to crack
its out of eltham, ivanhoe, OPs, St Johns, NB and Richmond at this stage, and mhsob as a smokey
interesting to see who will make it

I thought early that it was an Eltham, Ivanhoe, Ops, JOCS top 4 with NB pushing it but early form i think JOCS and Ivanhoe would be a pretty safe pick, OPs not putting teams away but getting wins aginst NB , Rich and Eltham shows that should probably be around about the mark. Eltham r the one that seem to have slipped aginst the other teams around them which has opened it up for NB and i think they will be dangerous come finals time.

After that i think Rich will be settling into the division. MHSOB stopping their slide down the divisions.

That probably leaves Gryphons and Wicks fighting to stop relegation and SM looking at adding a third Albert Park team to DIV 3.

But saying that we still have 2/3rds of the year to go and the cold, injuries and European holidays havent started to take their full effect yet.

I thought early that it was an Eltham, Ivanhoe, Ops, JOCS top 4 with NB pushing it but early form i think JOCS and Ivanhoe would be a pretty safe pick, OPs not putting teams away but getting wins aginst NB , Rich and Eltham shows that should probably be around about the mark. Eltham r the one that seem to have slipped aginst the other teams around them which has opened it up for NB and i think they will be dangerous come finals time.

After that i think Rich will be settling into the division. MHSOB stopping their slide down the divisions.

That probably leaves Gryphons and Wicks fighting to stop relegation and SM looking at adding a third Albert Park team to DIV 3.

But saying that we still have 2/3rds of the year to go and the cold, injuries and European holidays havent started to take their full effect yet.

Agree with your thoughts Sweaty J .....................and I think MHSOB will be there about also.

Will definitely come down to depth at each club I believe and will impact the ability of teams to grab a finals place. The current results of the reserves is an interesting thing to consider as we move into the middle stages of the year where teams traditionally get a bit light on for player numbers.

MHSOB
Ivanhoe
Richmond
NB

Eltham

Jocs
Monash
OP
Elsternwick
SMD

Chump

Went with a couple of mates to watch the NB South Melb game. NB were very ordinary although they appeared to play into the hands of SM who seemed to run 6 or 7 on-ballers after the 1st qtr and forced stoppages for the rest of the game despite giving away many free kicks. SM were very head high happy handing out many cheap shots and very late tackles - lots of yellow cards. Was an ordinary game to watch (poor choice of game for us to view). Interesting that after the game SM didn't want to shake hands with the opposition and it got very heated with and an all in blue almost developed. NB impressed in the 1st quarter but that was it.

Went with a couple of mates to watch the NB South Melb game. NB were very ordinary although they appeared to play into the hands of SM who seemed to run 6 or 7 on-ballers after the 1st qtr and forced stoppages for the rest of the game despite giving away many free kicks. SM were very head high happy handing out many cheap shots and very late tackles - lots of yellow cards. Was an ordinary game to watch (poor choice of game for us to view). Interesting that after the game SM didn't want to shake hands with the opposition and it got very heated with and an all in blue almost developed. NB impressed in the 1st quarter but that was it.
From what i heard, it was an extremely over officiated game, surely an overreaction to the wicks and st johns incident and at least 8 or 9 yellow/red cards were given out for the game.

Elsternwick and St Johns charged with conducting unbecoming in that during the third quarter of their senior match on 2 May both clubs were involved in a major melee which resulted in the game being abandoned by the umpires.

Both clubs pleaded guilty and were fined $1000 of which $500 is suspended which would become payable if the offending club is found guilty of a further major melee for the remainder of the season.

Wet lettuces at dawn. What a piss week sentence.

Elsternwick and St Johns charged with conducting unbecoming in that during the third quarter of their senior match on 2 May both clubs were involved in a major melee which resulted in the game being abandoned by the umpires.

Both clubs pleaded guilty and were fined $1000 of which $500 is suspended which would become payable if the offending club is found guilty of a further major melee for the remainder of the season.

Wet lettuces at dawn. What a piss week sentence.

Does seem a bit soft... But perhaps the umpires could have handled it differently... If they'd just blown the siren for 3 quarter time this wouldn't have made headlines.

There was an incident earlier where umpires handled themselves really well.. Through the ball in and the game started again.. A free kick should've been awarded which would've kicked the game on.. And the late high hit should've resulted in a send off.. That's what should've happened..

Now that the investigation is over I can't wait to hear from sidewhiner

There was an incident earlier where umpires handled themselves really well.. Through the ball in and the game started again.. A free kick should've been awarded which would've kicked the game on.. And the late high hit should've resulted in a send off.. That's what should've happened..

Now that the investigation is over I can't wait to hear from sidewhiner

Illiterate little first time poster? Or a trawler hiding behind a new nom de plume? That's a pseudynom in case you didn't know. But then again we must first ask which family member has the brain cell today. I bet you are a flag waving St Johns supporter who has the belief that might is right. The Elsternwick player (s) reported were noted for frontal contact. The Dandenong player was cited for a punch to the back of the head. Enjoy the finals you rock spider. You do no justice to the good players and club people that preceded you. But I expect you don't care because it's all about you, now isn't it?

Welcome back sideliner.. There is a spelling mistake in there. Apologies to you.
All I care about is you right now and the running of your mouth with no substance to it. You still have not spoken of anything that happened apart from the 3 players reported. 2 from your club. When can we talk about the incidents I speak of.
Thank you for the confidence you have in my side playing finals and if u weren't aware both clubs were fined the same amount, unlike what you said and we got the points.
Make sure the boys concentrate on Saturday, they can't afford to drop anymore games..
See you in Rd 18.. Drop in for a beer, Doveton is very accommodating.. We shall celebrate your clubs demise.
Enjoy your night sideburns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Illiterate little first time poster? Or a trawler hiding behind a new nom de plume? That's a pseudynom in case you didn't know. But then again we must first ask which family member has the brain cell today. I bet you are a flag waving St Johns supporter who has the belief that might is right. The Elsternwick player (s) reported were noted for frontal contact. The Dandenong player was cited for a punch to the back of the head. Enjoy the finals you rock spider. You do no justice to the good players and club people that preceded you. But I expect you don't care because it's all about you, now isn't it?

Well I've been posting for four years and have 250ish posts over many different div's and leagues, that doesn't make me special and isn't even close to your lofty level of 450ish posts but I think your a flog too!! Amazing given some of the crap and innuendo you have been posting on here, that you would call someone else a trawler.

I feel sorry for Garcey that he has to put up with blokes like you.........

Well I've been posting for four years and have 250ish posts over many different div's and leagues, that doesn't make me special and isn't even close to your lofty level of 450ish posts but I think your a flog too!! Amazing given some of the crap and innuendo you have been posting on here, that you would call someone else a trawler.

I feel sorry for Garcey that he has to put up with blokes like you.........

Old sidey ... Still yearns for the Dog Sniping Days of Wheels & Murf.
It's gone. Be a man and take the penalty. Sniping is so far out it's like Kevin Pietersen!

THE EYE

Thought we moved on from jocs and wicks... Haven't we got games tomorrow? Let's think forward. Who we got winning?

Thought we moved on from jocs and wicks... Haven't we got games tomorrow? Let's think forward. Who we got winning?
incident happened two weeks ago and i dont even care about the issue, its annoying, lets focus on the real footy from now!

4/5 last week 16/20 total. Everything went to script except for the Blues knocking off the Hoes. I think the top 6 will be tightly contested this year and will come down to the wire to make the top 4

This week
Eltham over Parade
St. John's too much firepower for Richmond. Few goals
Ivanhoe to bounce back against the Gryphons by about 5 goals. Monash much better at home.
The Blues by plenty over Souths
MHSOB to get the chocolates in a tight one over the Wicks.
4/5 last week 20/25 total
This week :
Eltham to bounce back over Monash
Elsternwick by a few over Souths who'll be desperate for their first win
Ivanhoe too strong for MHSOB
St. John's in a tight game over parade who will look to shut down the Jocs high scoring game plan
The Blues in a thriller at home over Richmond in probably the match of the round

incident happened two weeks ago and i dont even care about the issue, its annoying, lets focus on the real footy from now!

Be a good week to be home team I think.

hard to see SMD beating anyone but if they r Wicks might be that team but I'd still say Wicks will do the job.

Eltham will beat up a middle rung team as they do.

Hoes should do the job against Mhsob but they do appear to be slowing down after there scary start to the year.

Hard to pick a match of the round between JOCS and OPS or the d3 gf rematch but while they SHOULD be good games the home teams SHOULD get away with the wins.

4/5 last week 20/25 total
This week :
Eltham to bounce back over Monash
Elsternwick by a few over Souths who'll be desperate for their first win
Ivanhoe too strong for MHSOB
St. John's in a tight game over parade who will look to shut down the Jocs high scoring game plan
The Blues in a thriller at home over Richmond in probably the match of the round

I'll take these

Hopefully we are now back to talking about this week's games and not rehashing stuff from weeks ago!
And am in a rut as still tracking at 80% both weekly and seasonly. Would like to get a clean sheet but with half the division being local teams it's a bit hard.
Anyhow:

Elsternwick vs South Melbourne
Old Eltham vs Monash Gryphons
Ivanhoe vs MHSOB
St Johns vs Old Paradians
Northern Blues
vs Richmond

Controversy is what keeps BigFooty in business!

The sun will be shining tomorrow...

Eltham v Monash - Heavy track will suit the Turtles, and its a long road trip for the Gryphons.
Elsternwick v Souths - This game will be called off shortly before quarter time...
Ivanhoe v MHSOB - Unicorns seem to be improving each week. I can't believe their reserves results. Pumpa? Jonesy?
St Johns v Parade - Parade will win by a kick, as they have all year.
Blues v Richmond - Richmond won both home and away games v NB last year, then lost the one that mattered.

Loving the absolute dribble being posted on here by some (one in particular) plebs, keep it coming, makes an otherwise boring forum entertaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back