D2 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are we tipping to grab that 4th spot?
And are the wicks any chance of scraping out of the relegation zone??

Northern come up against parade at parade and then monash who could be playing to stay in div 2.
While Eltham play Melbourne High at Melbourne High which depending on which unicorns outfit turns up will be no easy beat, then Ivanhoe.

very exciting last couple of rounds!!

On another subject...does anyone know where the finals are being held?

Who are we tipping to grab that 4th spot?
And are the wicks any chance of scraping out of the relegation zone??

Northern come up against parade at parade and then monash who could be playing to stay in div 2.
While Eltham play Melbourne High at Melbourne High which depending on which unicorns outfit turns up will be no easy beat, then Ivanhoe.

very exciting last couple of rounds!!

On another subject...does anyone know where the finals are being held?

Eltham's fate may lie in the hands of Ivanhoe, who should rest players in the last round if they have nothing to play for. I suspect that Eltham will probably win their next two games, so North's results may be irrelevant. That's a shame for the Blues, who I think at times are the best team in the division, and would be a real threat in the finals.

W.

Eltham's fate may lie in the hands of Ivanhoe, who should rest players in the last round if they have nothing to play for. I suspect that Eltham will probably win their next two games, so North's results may be irrelevant. That's a shame for the Blues, who I think at times are the best team in the division, and would be a real threat in the finals.

W.

The Hoes have 6-7 returning in the last 3 rounds who will need the run, so i'd be surprised if they rested anyone who wasn't legitimately injured.

The Hoes have 6-7 returning in the last 3 rounds who will need the run, so i'd be surprised if they rested anyone who wasn't legitimately injured.

Got three back last week Big Unit and hopefully a couple more this week. Depending on the position we are in with players and any 'niggles' we could look to rest a few in that last game if that is required. But, if all fit and healthy, coach Harris is unlikely to rest players - IMO. Hopefully we will have about 30 guys fighting for 22 spots.

Chump.

Last edited:
If NB thump OP (10+ goals), which is a real possibility, they will draw even on % with OP and positions 3, 4, 5 will all be on 44 points (as long as Elth win). The fight is up for ladder posi's 3 AND 4.

If NB thump OP (10+ goals), which is a real possibility, they will draw even on % with OP and positions 3, 4, 5 will all be on 44 points (as long as Elth win). The fight is up for ladder posi's 3 AND 4.

OP's haven't lost by that margin all year. Unlikely

Got three back last week Big Unit and hopefully a couple more this week. Depending on the position we are in with players and any 'niggles' we could look to rest a few in that last game if that is required. But, if all fit and healthy, coach Harris is unlikely to rest players - IMO. Hopefully we will have about 30 guys fighting for 22 spots.

Chump.
Also, Eltham would have everything to play for. Ivanhoe, nothing. I'll take the team with something to lose!

Also, Eltham would have everything to play for. Ivanhoe, nothing. I'll take the team with something to lose!

30 players hoping to play the following week in the senior side in a final would be highly motivated to impress the coach i'm assuming!

Maybe Harro will just make sure his boys are well up on the scoreboard and playing well to three quarter time, then play with 12 blokes on the field in the last to ensure Eltham get through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After just falling in by 85 points last time we played them?

They are unbeaten in VAFA finals through two campaigns. There has to be a reason for that. I always thought they got stronger towards the end of the year because their u19s become available. But I may be wrong.

Ivanhoe have a huge squad from which to choose. Not so much resting players rather making sure as many are qualified for finals. Enviable position I reckon.

Ivanhoe v St JOC. The Hoes are up for this game.
Old Paradians v Nthn Blues Expect the raiders to play for their spot.
MHSOB v Eltham Depends which Eltham turns up.
Elsternwick v Richmond Central Who can stop Jake Munro?
Monash Gryphons
v SMD Could be close.

4/5 last week 61/75 total. This week - match of the round up at the turtle dome. We were excellent for 2 quarters last week, but will need to play 4 this week to be the in form Blues. We must win if we want to play finals, lose and it makes it very hard.
Ivanhoe over elsternwick, could again get ugly in the twos after last weeks effort.
Parade too much firepower for the Snakes
St. John's too good for Monash
MHSOB to bounce back against South Melbourne
4/5 last week 65/80 total. This week -
Cracking round of footy which will have a big effect on the final four.
Match of the round number one at Hoe Park. Think Ivanhoe will be too good. Have plenty to choose from by the sounds of it and will be looking to get their best 22 chosen for finals. St John's have a solid 22 but seem to taper away after that. Hoes by only a couple.
Match of the round number two at the Garvey. Think that Parade have the game plan to stop the Blues. The Raiders in a low scoring affair.
Last week was probably our best performance for the year. We really choked the Blues in defence and played some exciting football the other way. Need to bring that heat again this week and I'm tipping us to get the job done.
Snakes too strong and should seal the wicks fate in d3 next year.
Monash to have a win and cement their spot in D2 next year

Monash Gryphons vs South Melbourne
Elsternwick vs Richmond
Old Paradians
vs Northern Blues
Ivanhoe vs St Johns
MHSOB vs Old Eltham

how good will this last round be
Going on predictions- OPs will get through
NB should win their game BUT
Ivanhoe and Eltham is the cracker. Judging by Elthams results, they are looking in really good form at the moment and could be a smokey come finals time with good wins against NB (smashed them) and MHSOB (good win away) if they make it. I watched them yesterday and their pressure and attack on the footy is great and they are playing like they have nothing to lose so they could be a danger IMO
A lot could depend on how Ivanhoe approaches this game, do they want to win and play their best team ensuring they are in good form in the finals? or do they rest players to freshen up since they have nothing to play for?
Its a tough choice-a lot depends on their injury status, however, i have always been of the thought that you want good form heading into finals.
Should be a tense week for at least 2 clubs this week on the track

They are unbeaten in VAFA finals through two campaigns. There has to be a reason for that. I always thought they got stronger towards the end of the year because their u19s become available. But I may be wrong.
how good will this last round be
Going on predictions- OPs will get through
NB should win their game BUT
Ivanhoe and Eltham is the cracker. Judging by Elthams results, they are looking in really good form at the moment and could be a smokey come finals time with good wins against NB (smashed them) and MHSOB (good win away) if they make it. I watched them yesterday and their pressure and attack on the footy is great and they are playing like they have nothing to lose so they could be a danger IMO
A lot could depend on how Ivanhoe approaches this game, do they want to win and play their best team ensuring they are in good form in the finals? or do they rest players to freshen up since they have nothing to play for?
Its a tough choice-a lot depends on their injury status, however, i have always been of the thought that you want good form heading into finals.
Should be a tense week for at least 2 clubs this week on the track

No major injuries for the Hoes from yesterday and potentially another 3 back next week, so I would imagine that we will need to play a strong team and get some form leading into the finals. We don't have a great record out at Eltham and believe they are a very good team - especially there - so I would expect we will use it as a strong hit out, on a big ground, against an in-form team and play everyone who is available that we can.

Yesterday was an interesting day with the end margin not really being a true reflection of how it 'could' have gone. The Joc's started very strongly in the first 5 -7 mins and should have had 3 on the board before we scored. If they get off to a flyer, then things could have been very different. They didn't however and the Hoes then played some strong footy to kick 7 majors in 20 minutes. The game result was never really challenged from that stage onwards and as such the Hoes did enough without playing their best footy.

The Joc's have 3 important inclusions to come back in - as do we - so I am sure it will be a cracking game the first week of the finals. The game was played in good spirits - aggressive/tough but fair - and the appropriate amount of niggle you would expect from the top two teams wanting to get an edge on the other just before meeting again in two weeks time.

Thanks to the Joc's guys also for hanging around for a few beers afterwards, they were well represented by their players even though it's a bit of a hike home from Ivanhoe.

Chump.

in
No major injuries for the Hoes from yesterday and potentially another 3 back next week, so I would imagine that we will need to play a strong team and get some form leading into the finals. We don't have a great record out at Eltham and believe they are a very good team - especially there - so I would expect we will use it as a strong hit out, on a big ground, against an in-form team and play everyone who is available that we can.

Yesterday was an interesting day with the end margin not really being a true reflection of how it 'could' have gone. The Joc's started very strongly in the first 5 -7 mins and should have had 3 on the board before we scored. If they get off to a flyer, then things could have been very different. They didn't however and the Hoes then played some strong footy to kick 7 majors in 20 minutes. The game result was never really challenged from that stage onwards and as such the Hoes did enough without playing their best footy.

The Joc's have 3 important inclusions to come back in - as do we - so I am sure it will be a cracking game the first week of the finals. The game was played in good spirits - aggressive/tough but fair - and the appropriate amount of niggle you would expect from the top two teams wanting to get an edge on the other just before meeting again in two weeks time.

Thanks to the Joc's guys also for hanging around for a few beers afterwards, they were well represented by their players even though it's a bit of a hike home from Ivanhoe.

Chump.
interesting, would be a great hit out, eltham seem like a 5+6 goal better team at home as well

Very interesting last round. Eltham & Parade to grab 3rd and 4th I reckon and Northern to start next year in D2 as hot favourites.

Also Munro looks safe, great effort given the win/loss ratio of Richmond

Thinking about it logically, i'd say the hoes would have a fair crack on the weekend, no doubt players would be playing for spots as blokes would want to crack the senior side from their in form ressies

Thinking about it logically, i'd say the hoes would have a fair crack on the weekend, no doubt players would be playing for spots as blokes would want to crack the senior side from their in form ressies

I can assure you that is exactly the case. 30 blokes will be trying to play finals footy in the seniors and putting their best foot forward to impress the match committee and coach. If we get beaten, it won't be due to taking it easy or any excuses offered.

Heslop... you would be praying for Ivanhoe to win yeah?
Not necessarily, im just trying to figure it out because its interesting, there's potential pro's and cons both ways depending how they look at it, and either way will impact the finals massively

Remove this Banner Ad

Back