D2 2015

Chump or Champ

Senior List
Apr 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Umpires are humans

That is correct - just found the voting interesting - not having a crack at umpires. That said, 19 votes is hardly a run away amount so alot easier for teams that may not have won as many games to still have players consistently pole votes.

Chump or Champ

Senior List
Apr 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grand Final Time

Very excited that we get the chance to play off for the 2015 premiership in D2......and I am sure it will be a cracker!

We have had two tight games with OP's throughout the year and the end margin (30+) in the first meeting did not reflect the true nature of that game. In the second we came from 33 points down to win by around 13 in another tight game. With this in mind we KNOW that it will be a good contest with our old sparring partners.

I would expect a big crowd for this one with many people knowing each other from our two clubs - some having represented both! So even though it's a little trek up the highway to Craigieburn to get there, I expect some great crowd support and banter.

Great match-ups all around the ground, yet two very different game styles make for a very interesting battle. OP's were very good last week against the Joc's and controlled the game after 1/4 time. The fact they have come from third does not matter and they will be confident that they can get the job done this time around. Will Bellizia play after hurting his shoulder very late in last weeks game? Could be a key element to the outcome in this match as he has always played well against us.

I'm going for the Hoes (obviously) to pinch their first senior flag since 1969 but under a kick.

In the two's the Hoes take on a very impressive MHSOB team that smashed the Snakes for most of the game last week. They ran the ball well, had some strong targets up forward and were always in control in windy conditions. I however can't pick against my club and think the Hoes can get up by a point.

Good luck all, no injuries.

Chump.

clint_mccoy

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2010
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great to see two teams from my local area slated to fight out the premiership, although we did have just under 50% of the competition, and now means that I'll have to keep an eye on Division 1 next season as well. Both teams certainly have plenty of plusses and the results of their previous meetings indicates that it will be another close game. Great to see two long established clubs finally moving back up the amateur tree. Giving the Raiders the nod, just.
Ivanhoe vs Old Paradians.

El Alto

Draftee
Aug 30, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
A good game in prospect: Ivanhoe the best side all year, Old Paradians finding their best when it matters.

Tipping Ivanhoe to win but Parade have a few things in their favour: they get maximum effort across their whole 22, and they have been able to finish fast in their two finals thus far. The longer they stay with the Hoes, the better their chances will be.

Also good to see two clubs with long senior premiership droughts get their chance at it tomorrow.

In the twos: Ivanhoe.

Best of luck to all participants.

arthur mccarthur

Senior List
Aug 26, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Ivanhoe in both grades for me. Best team all year. They bat deep and are probably the best equipped team to do well in D1 next year.

Roids

Draftee
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
As an Old Paradian supporter it was a tense game to watch and a relief when the siren finally went. Conditions meant the scores were always going to be close and credit to both sides for giving it there all in conditions that weren't ideal for either side.

Well done to Ivanhoe for their performance throughout the year and they lost no admirers from Parade for there performance on the day.

The Garvey Oval and surrounding watering holes will be a fun place to be over the next few weeks. For a club that has been in wilderness for a number of years this is a great reward for the players and volunteers that have stuck fat as we dropped down the grades.

For a club that has won 6 A Grade flags and 4 B Grade flags (the last in 1986), I'm not sure where a D2 flag ranks....but for those involved , especially those that give there time to support the players and the club this has been a great day and reminds us why we get involved in local footy.

heslop

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great effort for the Raiders, goes to show perseverance and having people play their roles to the best of their ability is good enough to go the whole way
I still think the Hoes are the better team, but nothing against the raiders, better team on the day and probably had more to play for as they realised with a sort of ageing team that this may be their last real shot at a flag
How will both teams fare next season?

spewie

Debutant
Mar 6, 2007
canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Great effort for the Raiders, goes to show perseverance and having people play their roles to the best of their ability is good enough to go the whole way
I still think the Hoes are the better team, but nothing against the raiders, better team on the day and probably had more to play for as they realised with a sort of ageing team that this may be their last real shot at a flag
How will both teams fare next season?
Great to see Parade win- honest hard working team. Always had the feeling that Ivanhoe were getting ahead of themselves particularly mid year- they were happy to mouth off at teams during games once the gained the ascension and were seemingly very confident or arrogant- happy to see them go. I think both teams will be competitive at the next level

TheWamba

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2007
Darfur
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well done to Parade. They had their plan and they executed it beautifully and thoroughly deserved their win on the day.

For us obviously a massive disappointment as nerves and conditions contributed to the result.

Well done to Harro and the boys on a great season but there can only be one winner.

Having said that, the future isn't set in stone and if our young group continue to improve as they did this year then they have every chance of being winners this time next year.

Chump or Champ

Senior List
Apr 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Congratulations to all at the Garvey as OP's were clearly too good on the day and played an excellent finals series. Well Done.

As has been discussed above in several posts, the Raiders stuck to their game style all day and did not waiver from what had proven successful for them all year. Unfortunately, we did not stick to ours and played as poorly as we had on any day throughout the year - mostly because of the way that the Raiders played the ground and windy conditions.

That said, we still had our chances and didn't take them, missing easy shots at goal that in a low scoring game were vital to the out come of the game. In finals you need to be calm, stick to your plan and think clearly through the extra speed and intensity to make 'smart choices'. We will learn alot as a young group on what is needed throughout the year and then - more importantly - in finals football to achieve the ultimate.

Really proud of our club and what we have been able to achieve this year as we conti8nue to develop a young group and grow a club again - on and off the field. We should be proud of promotion, yet disappointed to miss out on the opportunity for a premiership....or 3.

Congratulations to the Reserves for getting some silverware for the club after an outstanding year. In what was a really tight game - as expected - we were fortunate to have our noses in front when the final siren sounded. It was nice to have something to celebrate over the past few days.

Time for a break now and see what we can do for a crack at D1.

Thanks to all throughout the year for the banter and discussion - good luck at all you clubs next year.

Cheers, Chump ....... pass me another beers lads!

vafaeye

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2009
Melbourne
Congratulations to all at the Garvey as OP's were clearly too good on the day and played an excellent finals series. Well Done.

As has been discussed above in several posts, the Raiders stuck to their game style all day and did not waiver from what had proven successful for them all year. Unfortunately, we did not stick to ours and played as poorly as we had on any day throughout the year - mostly because of the way that the Raiders played the ground and windy conditions.

That said, we still had our chances and didn't take them, missing easy shots at goal that in a low scoring game were vital to the out come of the game. In finals you need to be calm, stick to your plan and think clearly through the extra speed and intensity to make 'smart choices'. We will learn alot as a young group on what is needed throughout the year and then - more importantly - in finals football to achieve the ultimate.

Really proud of our club and what we have been able to achieve this year as we conti8nue to develop a young group and grow a club again - on and off the field. We should be proud of promotion, yet disappointed to miss out on the opportunity for a premiership....or 3.

Congratulations to the Reserves for getting some silverware for the club after an outstanding year. In what was a really tight game - as expected - we were fortunate to have our noses in front when the final siren sounded. It was nice to have something to celebrate over the past few days.

Time for a break now and see what we can do for a crack at D1.

Thanks to all throughout the year for the banter and discussion - good luck at all you clubs next year.

Cheers, Chump ....... pass me another beers lads!

CHUMP. Going back over the posts. What happened in the Colts. Thought they were the specials of the day?

THE EYE
:confused:

Chump or Champ

Senior List
Apr 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
CHUMP. Going back over the posts. What happened in the Colts. Thought they were the specials of the day?

THE EYE
:confused:

G'day Eye, I think you know what happened to the Colts ;) And Congratulations to all involved at UHS-VU and what looks like a very promising group of young men.

I had the Colts down as a 50/50 chance at best after snatching a 3 point victory, losing by 6 goals away and then coming from behind in the first final to pinch another victory. With the a few Calder Cannon boys the Flemington mob gave us a very nice touch up to be honest and played some really great footy. We were completely outplayed after 1/4 time and they showed far more desire to get to and win the contest. If the senior club can work with those kids and bring them through then I see a bright future for UHS-VU.

Now.....can I get back to my beer and start planing for next year :p

Chump.

bloodsrus96

Rookie
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brett Davidson coaching Richmond Centrals.....all I'll say is good luck....ruined our club and the other 74 he has been at. Got the wooden spoon this year in the worst divvy of the EFL...what are Centrals thinking???

Archangel17

All Australian
Jul 5, 2006
South Yarra
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Local footy
Brett Davidson coaching Richmond Centrals.....all I'll say is good luck....ruined our club and the other 74 he has been at. Got the wooden spoon this year in the worst divvy of the EFL...what are Centrals thinking???
Easy to pot a bloke on here. Don't know him from a bar of soap but he didn't have a lot to work with and from what I understand actually had better results than the previous year- you DIDNT win the spoon and actually won a couple of games. Im guessing you couldn't get a game in the SECOND worst side and have some sour grapes to vent

Cosmo21

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2011
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham

Bloodsrus haven't heard from you since you made an ass of yourself on the D3 board a year ago! Did you guys get to D2? Well done.......

Bloods by a country mile!!! Richmond are to old, to big, to slow......nowhere near as much talent as Aquinas. Will be 5 goals + the way of...

The Big Dance

Draftee
Jan 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
DIV 2 - 2016

Any one have any news from Div 2?? Any predictions. I'll have a crack.

ST JOHNS
YV
PRESTON
ELTHAM
RICHMOND
BT
WEST BRUNSWICK
MHSOB
EMMAUS
MONASH

#stabinthedark

arthur mccarthur

Senior List
Aug 26, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
DIV 2 - 2016

ST JOHNS
YV
PRESTON
ELTHAM
RICHMOND
BT
WEST BRUNSWICK
MHSOB
EMMAUS
MONASH

#stabinthedark

I reckon D2 this year will be the tightest it's been in a long time. So hard to pick a ladder this time of year!

Eltham
St Johns
Northern blues
Bulleen Temp
Emmaus
West Brunswick
Richmond
MHSOB
Yarra Valley
Monash

Mounzer11

Team Captain
Dec 8, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I reckon D2 this year will be the tightest it's been in a long time. So hard to pick a ladder this time of year!

Eltham
St Johns
Northern blues
Bulleen Temp
Emmaus
West Brunswick
Richmond
MHSOB
Yarra Valley
Monash

Northern Blues have picked up some fringe players from Fitzroy. They will do well at this level.

Cosmo21

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2011
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
DIV 2 - 2016

ST JOHNS
YV
PRESTON
ELTHAM
RICHMOND
BT
WEST BRUNSWICK
MHSOB
EMMAUS
MONASH

#stabinthedark

I'm happy to have a go at this ladder -

St Johns - Good side play tough footy that other sides maybe don't enjoy
Eltham - Home ground advantage but still wont go up
Northern Blues - If they have pickup as per the above they will be strong
MHSOB - Surprised last year and expect them to continue upward
Richmond - Unknown new coach, pickup a couple / lost a few? should have finished higher last year
Bulleen Temp - Unknown could completely fall off the face of the earth
Yarra Valley - Will win enough at home I think
West Brunswick - VAFA yoyo have lost a few but great club
Emmaus - Ageing list and expect them to slide / new coach?
Monash - They have to go down at some stage!

Billy the Lid

Cancelled
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm happy to have a go at this ladder -

St Johns - Good side play tough footy that other sides maybe don't enjoy
Eltham - Home ground advantage but still wont go up
Northern Blues - If they have pickup as per the above they will be strong
MHSOB - Surprised last year and expect them to continue upward
Richmond - Unknown new coach, pickup a couple / lost a few? should have finished higher last year
Bulleen Temp - Unknown could completely fall off the face of the earth
Yarra Valley - Will win enough at home I think
West Brunswick - VAFA yoyo have lost a few but great club
Emmaus - Ageing list and expect them to slide / new coach?
Monash - They have to go down at some stage!

This club seems to bob up in rumours every year but one doing the rounds is that Glen Eira (a hybrid of about 8 or more clubs) is now merging with Monash Gryphons. Will play at Packer and hopefully tap into students from Monash Caulfield campus.

The Big Dance

Draftee
Jan 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I believe Monash may have held an EGM last night re merger plans according to their Facebook page - not sure how the vote went nor who the other team was??

Back