D2 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Premiers this year in D2 will come from Eltham, Elsternwick & Ivanhoe. Eltham troubled both SMS & Kew last year, with both up in D1 this leaves them looking solid.

I think the Premiers this year in D2 will come from Eltham, Elsternwick & Ivanhoe. Eltham troubled both SMS & Kew last year, with both up in D1 this leaves them looking solid.

Elsternwick?? At least I picked two new sides that have some form coming into the season? (or at least had some form until the weekend)

How did you rate both teams?
:confused:

Bit surprising really.. expected NB to be the team full of running at the end of the game but they came to a stop in the last 1/4. Their high end talent is still there but player 18-22 probably let then down. OPs probably the more consistent team over 4 1/4s

Elsternwick?? At least I picked two new sides that have some form coming into the season? (or at least had some form until the weekend)
I know right? What an idiot I am, they only kicked the high score of the round...but it's only round 1. Not necessarily tipping them to take it out, but they will be thereabouts at the end (I think)

I know right? What an idiot I am, they only kicked the high score of the round...but it's only round 1. Not necessarily tipping them to take it out, but they will be thereabouts at the end (I think)

"One Swallow doesn't make a summer"
Some of the win margins are surprising. Particularly Ivanhoe's 76 points. Thought that might be closer. Eltham by 80 suggests SMD still building. Monash believed they'd recruited well but as Richmond can attest from previous seasons, a full strength Elst. can be a handful. St JOC always hard to beat at home or may not be at full strength. Early days. Let's see in 4-5 rounds.
I think VAFA Spectator was typing with tongue in cheek today. :confused:

Last edited:
Eltham over Sth Melbourne
Ivanhoe over Richmond
Parade over NB
Elsternwick over Monash
St.Johns over MHSOB

5/5 last week. The way Ivanhoe dismantled Richmond was really the only surprise for me.

This week :
Eltham over Elsternwick
MHSOB to chalk up their first win over Monash
Parade get the first look at the two clubs coming up and will beat Richmond
Ivanhoe to comfortably beat Sth
St Johns to leave the Blues winless

Round 1 Tips
Elsternwick vs Monash Gryphons
Eltham
vs South Melbourne
Richmond vs Ivanhoe
MHSOB vs St Johns
Northern Blues
vs Parade

2/5 great start.

This week.
Seniors
Monash
vs Mhsob- This game could tell us a lot about where both these sides are at
Eltham vs Elsternwick- Home ground advantage in what will be match of the round
Parade vs Richmond- Boundys Hamstring obviously giving him a hard time
Ivanhoe vs South- Could be a long year for South
St Johns vs Northern- St Johns too strong at home

Twos
Monash
vs Mhsob- Both twos teams impressive last week, home team to get it done
Eltham vs Elsternwick- Elsternwick lacking depth in the twos
Parade vs Richmond- Parades top 5 too good
Ivanhoe vs South- Could be a long year for South
St Johns vs Northern- St Johns twos whacked last week.

Round 2.
Predictions.
All the home teams.
Margins? Eltham- just. Monash- A few goals.Not as poor as last year. Old Parade - Close one this one. Ivanhoe - Heavily.Should be a fast game.
StJohns - Comfortably. New territory for the Blues.

I wish it's been along day - just think that D3 improved last year and D2 went backwards - we will know more in 22 weeks!
:eek: Can't believe I let this comment slip.
Clearly Kew lifted the standard last year, a young team on the up, no question SMS improved, 2012 they were fighting off relegation and last year got close to a flag. Eltham were no worse than the previous year (probably better) nor were Parade and JOCs.

Clearly Kew lifted the standard last year, a young team on the up, no question SMS improved, 2012 they were fighting off relegation and last year got close to a flag. Eltham were no worse than the previous year (probably better) nor were Parade and JOCs.

The Hoes went from 6 wins in 2013 to 10.5 in 2015 also.

Chump.

This week.
Seniors
Monash vs Mhsob- think the unicorns will get the chocolates here - 33 points.
Eltham vs Elsternwick- Turtles started strongly and I expect that to continue on their home deck - 44 points.
Parade vs Richmond- A tight one here but Parade to just get over the line for mine - 13 points
Ivanhoe vs South- Hoes at home should be too good - 18 points.
St Johns vs Northern- the Joc's to make it 2 from 2 and NB to be 0-2 by Saturday night - Joc's 14 points.

Twos
Monash vs Mhsob- Unicorns again - 10 points.
Eltham vs Elsternwick- Turtles far to strong me thinks - 45 points.
Parade vs Richmond-the snakes in a close one - 9 points.
Ivanhoe vs South- The hoes should be too strong in this one 26 points.
St Johns vs Northern- a win for NB here I believe -3 points.

Good luck all.

Chump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess we will never know.... that's the beauty of opinions that can't be proven one way or the other!! but I will say that most of the poster on the D2 thread have been stuck in the middle of D2 ladder without any chance of going anywhere for a while now, so they may know more than me ;-)

Guess we will never know.... that's the beauty of opinions that can't be proven one way or the other!! but I will say that most of the poster on the D2 thread have been stuck in the middle of D2 ladder without any chance of going anywhere for a while now, so they may know more than me ;-)
I support SMS so...onwards and upwards....:p

A good start to the season for my teams and myself:

Monash Gryphons vs MHSOB
Old Eltham vs Elsternwick
Old Paradians vs Richmond
Ivanhoe vs South Melbourne
St Johns vs Northern Blues

My 2 cents

Ivanhoe will be the team to beat and they already know it

Parade are confident with picking up the likes of Sapa! But....... Boundy........ Ill leave it there

St Johns im hearing positive things from and they are planning another premiership steal with the old gang back in town!

The rest may all be a big chance but my top teams to beat will be the above!

Cosmo hit the showers u flog

Sorry I'm a bit confused since your club was form is 2008 you have played all but one of those years in D2 which was the year you got relegated to D3? granted you are in D1 this year but..............

Cosmo. You ARE a newbie, aren't you? St Marys merged with Salesian back then. Got out of D4 Gaol by that means. In 2005 they played a loosing grand final in D4. In 2006, didn't win a game in D3! Go and do some digging of games between Elsternwick and Salesian in the mid 90's. A bit too tough for you I reckon.;)

Last edited:
Since the Vafa website won't be ready until tomorrow... What were the scores around the grounds?

RC lost to Parade by 10 points in the seniors. Won by 6 goals in the reserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back